An Old School Catholic Message Board

I want to be a priest

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 15 2005, 07:00 PM']your welcome.

the priest ussally give me wimpy penance. the Monsignor gives me the same penance every time.

Do you own a bible?

Yes father

Pray psalm 100 for your penance

i try to go once a week.
[right][snapback]827407[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I usually get the same penance too depending upon the priest.

The one is, 3 compliments and 5 our fahters

The other one is, pray one decade of the rosary

and yet the other is ask God to show mercy to you for your sins.

missionseeker

We really need good Diocesean priests.

I know that's not an order but..

We recently had three priests die one take sabatical one on leave for a year and one suspended for disorderly conduct with a minor. (really sad thing is that he used to be the Director of Youth misnistries for the entire diocese) In a diocese where many preists have two parishes Even the Chancellor/Rector has a parish as well as his duties at the Cathedral.

Im off today!

friday was my last day.

yes Father Mitch Pacwa is a jesiut (i like his tv show).

ummmm let see. it really depends. ive had a very bad experience with jesuits. Only one jesuit i have met was really ORTHODOX, and he is 71 and was my spiritual director (he had many liturgical abuses in his mass though). The other Jesuits i know celebrate a mass full of abuses. The Pastor at my old church openly said he disregardes teachings on Homosexuality (Im writing the Archbishop about this priest).

so not such a great experiecne with the Jezzies.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 19 2005, 07:06 PM']Im off today!

friday was my last day.

ummmm let see. it really depends. ive had a very bad experience with jesuits. Only one jesuit i have met was really ORTHODOX, and he is 71 and was my spiritual director (he had many liturgical abuses in his mass though). The other Jesuits i know celebrate a mass full of abuses. The Pastor at my old church openly said he disregardes teachings on Homosexuality (Im writing the Archbishop about this priest).

[right][snapback]830570[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hello Sam. I am Dan Brown.
Of course if you are orthodox, the Jesuits does not are facts for
you.
Many of them defend positions very outposts, that sometimes they do not agree with Rome.
But they never have gone against the church, nor against the catholics
dogmas. They maintain the fidelity to the Pope with which they were born
Two weeks ago I was in the castle of S.Francisco Xavier (he is patron of the missionaries).One of its founders along with S. Ignacio de Loyola.
In the 2006 of its birth is celebrated the 500 anniversary, To the commemoration they went Jesuits worldwide, the superior
general of the jesuits and the archbishop of Pamplona presided the celebration.
Think what you want but espirit of those saints continuous with them.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 20 2005, 03:03 AM']not all jesuits are bad just a whole lot of them.
[right][snapback]830978[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I know no bad one, neither like person, nor like priest.
Sam, seems that we are in opposite ends within the church,
The catholics we are 1000 million, and there are positions for all the pleasures, but because they do not think as your they are not bad.
And the way to approach these subjects it is speaking directly with who not these in agreement, not going to the bishop like an informer.
You say that have vocation and that seems to me wonderful.
I wish luck and prayer by you.

i plan to work this out with the priest before i get involved with the bishop. the reaoson i have a distrutst for the jesuits is their abuses in the mass, their support of inmorality, etc.

if you have had a good experience with the jesuits thats really cool, because at their core they are a great order.

the Jesuits you know: are they heretics, support imorality, or celebrate masses with abuses?

God Bless,
Sam

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Dec 19 2005, 11:06 AM']Im off today!

friday was my last day.

[right][snapback]830570[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ya, same here sam...just a bad experiance with jezzies. is he a good spiritual director though?