An Old School Catholic Message Board

(LW) Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas (RW)

White Knight

(LW) Happy Holidays vs. Merry Christmas (RW)  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I say Merry Christ-mas, to sounder Happy Holidays, because its more meaningful. and when 90% of America celebrates Christmas its more pleasing to the people who say it. and To those who dont celebrate Christmas I say it anyway, if they dont like it, too bad, it sounds hard and rude, but This is a Christian Values Nation or was at one point. and Christmas sould always be allowed.

I say Happy Holidays if anything. I live in an area with a large non-Christian population though. It kinda just depends on who you are talking to. With friends I know are Christians I say Merry Christmas, but not everyone celebrates Christmas.

Everyone should be merry at Christmas, even if the don't celebrate it, it'
s still Christmas, and they should be merry....

I want to have a happy Hanukah, I don't celebrate, but that doesn't make it not exist, and I want to be happy then...

Love4MySavior

No Matter what people think or say to me I say MERRY CHRISTMAS. I am not ashamed of HIS Name. :saint: :saint:
Merry CHRISTmas, Merrry CHRISTmas Merry CHRISTmas.
Erica

"And I will stand for YOU even if I loose it all, cause nothing really matters YOU are all that matters LORD..." - (Oceans from the Rain) By Seventh Day Slumber

[quote name='Love4MySavior' date='Dec 21 2005, 11:14 AM']No Matter what people think or say to me I say MERRY CHRISTMAS.  I am not ashamed of HIS Name. :saint:  :saint:
        Erica

"And I will stand for YOU even if I loose it all, cause nothing really matters YOU are all that matters LORD..." - (Oceans from the Rain) By Seventh Day Slumber
[right][snapback]832830[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
AMEN!

[quote name='Love4MySavior' date='Dec 21 2005, 12:14 PM']No Matter what people think or say to me I say MERRY CHRISTMAS.  I am not ashamed of HIS Name. :saint:  :saint:
        Erica

[/quote]

MARY CHRISTmas :D:

Ash Wednesday

If I'm not going to see someone until after the new year, I usually just say in passing conversation "Enjoy the holidays!" -- similar to what hsmom said, it's my informal way of saying "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!" For better or worse, even very secularized people recognize and celebrate Christmas. Which is baffling to observant Christians -- but the fact that many lukewarm people still insist on celebrating Christmas and calling it Christmas certainly doesn't help the cause for people trying to be all PC about the whole thing.

Even secularism's beloved Santa doesn't hop down chimneys and deliver gifts on the day of winter solstice, now does he?

If someone somehow fails to know or does not want to recognize that we are talking about Christmas when we speak of the holidays, then they are flat out stupid. Even a flatmate in my residence hall who is a nonpracticing secular Muslim wished me a Merry Christmas.

P.S. Little Angel -- "Happy Christmas" is also very British. ;)

[quote name='Love4MySavior' date='Dec 21 2005, 11:14 AM']No Matter what people think or say to me I say MERRY CHRISTMAS.  I am not ashamed of HIS Name. :saint:  :saint:
        Erica

[/quote]

It is not that I am ashamed that I am Catholic (Christian too). It is that I realize that many of my friends and aquantinces are not. They have heard about the whole "Jesus thing". I am sure they have been evangilized too by Campus Crusade. Yet they are not Christian. They believe in something else and I have to respect that because they respect that I believe in Christ. It isn't about being PC or anything it is knowing that other people believe other things and that I'm not helping anyone by saying "Merry Christmas" to them when I know full well they don't celebrate Christmas.