An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bells of St. Mary

littleflower+JMJ

Patricia 'Patsy' Gallagher: [stands up in class to present a report] The Six Senses.
Sister Mary Benedict: The subject I gave you was the five senses.
Patricia 'Patsy' Gallagher: Well, for my topic, I chose six senses.
Sister Mary Benedict: [baffled and confused] Go on, Patricia.
Patricia 'Patsy' Gallagher: The Six Senses: To see, to hear, to taste, to smell, to feel... to be.

One of my favorite movies of all time......EVER. :yahoo:

she_who_is_not

Oh, I love that movie too. Especcially the scene where the smail children are rehearsing their Christmas pageant and they sing Happy Birthday to Jesus. I love it!!

In my family our traditional reading of the Christmas story is a version written by my brother when he was in 4th grade. It begins, "One day Mary was walking with a large group of virgins, when...." It always reminds me fo that scene.

AlterDominicus

[Bell rings][Father O'Malley leans off it as a nun comes out and tips his hat at her]

"Hello Sister I'm Father O'Malley."

"Yes Father...this is our school bell we usually ring it about an hour from now when the children are here."

"Is Sister Superior up? Can I speak to her?"

"Yes Father I am sure she is."

• 2 weeks later...
littleflower+JMJ

[quote name='Philosopher' date='Dec 25 2005, 02:01 AM']I love that movie too, I took my avatar from it  :P:
[right][snapback]835724[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I was thinking of stealing it because I liked it so much, but then I would have to go to confession :ohno:

And yes, I love the movie so much too.....It makes me cry and love the Church so much by its simple story.

GOSH I love Bing Crosby too! :blush:

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Jan 4 2006, 11:22 PM']Hey, does anyone know what that Latin (I think ?) Song is Sister Benedict sings, and plays on the piano?
[right][snapback]846246[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Bells of St. Mary's is one of my favorite movies ever. As to the song that Sister Benedict sings, a Swedish exchange student that stayed with us said it is a Swedish children's song. And yes it does mean it's spring. Isn't it pretty?

My wife and I watched it for the first time the other night. There was a kid named "Luther" in the class and Sister Benedict asked him to stand up and read his report. Fr. O'Malley says, "Luther? How'd he get in here?" :rolling:

Edited by Matty_boy

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Mercy me' date='Jan 4 2006, 11:59 PM']Bells of St. Mary's is one of my favorite movies ever.  As to the song that Sister Benedict sings, a Swedish exchange student that stayed with us said it is a Swedish children's song.  And yes it does mean it's spring.  Isn't it pretty?
[right][snapback]846512[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Its my ultimate favorite song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats right to, Sister Benedict is from Sweden and came to Minneosta (my state) I need to get the lyrics!

I haven't seen that movie for years. I watched it when I babysat my cousins once (they were only allowed to watch old movies and Lawrence Welk).

All this talk of it made me move it to the front of my Blockbuster Online Queue, so hopefully it will be here tomorrow!

Guest Rick777

[quote name='Matty_boy' date='Jan 5 2006, 08:47 AM']My wife and I watched it for the first time the other night.  There was a kid named "Luther" in the class and Sister Benedict asked him to stand up and read his report.  Fr. O'Malley says, "Luther?  How'd he get in here?" :rolling:
[right][snapback]846690[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That was hilarious :D: