An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Terminator, Catholic?

Paladin D

Yeah of Course and I noticed the celebrities you put up. I'm just wondering who else out there in Hollywood is Catholic.

I've compiled a kind of list of celebrities that are Catholic. Now, these are celebrities that as far as I know are still Catholic, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. Bonnie Hunt, James Belushi, Martin Sheen, LeVar Burton, Carson Daly, Moira Kelly, Jim Caviezel, Liam Neeson, Andy Garcia, Mark Wahlberg, Conan O'Brien, Regis Philbin, Pierce Brosnan, Martin Scorsese, Kelsey Grammar, Derek Jeter, Cokie Roberts, Dom DeLuise, Catherine Hicks, Monica Bellucci, Michael Badalucco, A.C. Green and Kathy Ireland.

Somebody let me know if there are any others! Thanks. lol_grin.gif

P.S. I'm not saying that some of these are the best examples of Catholicism either, I know some of them aren't.

She is a kennedy, but apparantly is orthodox unlike most of the family

Unfortunatlely, Maria Shriver isn't orthodox. I've forgotten the title of the book, but it was a collection of famous Catholics discussing their faith and what the Church means to them, and Maria Shriver was one of them. Toward the end of her section, she said (I don't claim this is the EXACT wording), "I must be honest and admit that I don't always do what the Church instructs its members to do. In fact, I have serious disagreements with certain things the Church teaches." For example, she said she couldn't understand why the Church is so "intransigent" on birth control. In addition, she said it made her sad and angry how the Church refuses to ordain women, and she listed a couple of other disagreements about certain Church moral teachings as well.

Edited by davejc29201

Jake Huether

LOL.

Cool, Hyper. We're on the same page.

Actually, that's what they should nick name the pill; the Terminator. Cause that's exactly what it does. Sad but true.

I could be wrong, but... I also heard that Arnold would support abortion if he was ever chosen as California Gov.

Where did you hear this from? Most Republicans are against abortion.

I've compiled a kind of list of celebrities that are Catholic.  Now, these are celebrities that as far as I know are still Catholic, but somebody correct me if I'm wrong.  Bonnie Hunt, James Belushi, Martin Sheen, LeVar Burton, Carson Daly, Moira Kelly, Jim Caviezel, Liam Neeson, Andy Garcia, Mark Wahlberg, Conan O'Brien, Regis Philbin, Pierce Brosnan, Martin Scorsese, Kelsey Grammar, Derek Jeter, Cokie Roberts, Dom DeLuise, Catherine Hicks, Monica Bellucci, Michael Badalucco, A.C. Green and Kathy Ireland.

Somebody let me know if there are any others!  Thanks. lol_grin.gif

P.S.  I'm not saying that some of these are the best examples of Catholicism either, I know some of them aren't.

I read a bit about John Candy (whom I adore), and he was Catholic as well.

• 11 years later...

I could be wrong, but... I also heard that Arnold would support abortion if he was ever chosen as California Gov.

I hoght he  named governer?  They called him the 'Governator' and everything!  

maybe I missed something?

I read a bit about John Candy (whom I adore), and he was Catholic as well.

Johny-C was also a Canadian. Can't get any better than that... (maybe if if he was french?)