An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Pro-"Choice" "catholics" Heretics?

KnightofChrist

Should Pro-Death "catholics" be declared Heretics and kick out of Holy Mother Church?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345737937' post='2472673']
When I first began to be homeschooled, my grandmother freaked out. She said that we'd never be able to go to college. That she would have to pay for my older sister (not any of the rest of us) to go to college so she wouldn't be a failure at life. When we started to be highschoolers and entering and winning contests she calmed down. There are two of us who've graduated from college, one with a semester or so left, and a fourth who is a sophomore. The others are still in highschoolers or elementary. After we went to college, my uncle's wife announced that because there were problems at the public school and they had already tried the private school, she was going to be homeschooling their girls (meaning that every single one of my grandmother's grandchildren would be homeschooled lol). Anyway, at that point she was excited for my cousins! And it's not like we did anything spectacular. We just did what we would have done anyway, you know?

So my point is just be patient with them. There's a lot misunderstanding when it comes to homeschooling. They may come around. You never know.
[/quote]

I know what you mean. Somehow in smaller towns we have what we of rational thought would call "cliques", and my family isn't in it because we home school. We know the teachers and they do not like us at all for home schooling. Around this area there are a lot of people who do not like home schooling for the alleged problems we have with socializing.

MissScripture

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1345738532' post='2472686']
Our teachers told us they were sad we were leaving because they needed our test scores. o.0
[/quote]
My sister's best friend and her sisters were homeschooled after having been at the public high school, who would not accommodate their health issues. When they pulled the kids to home school them, the school kept them on the record as going to school there so they could get the money for having more kids.

I don't think that they should be excommuncated. They probably shouldn't be allowed communio for dissenting, but they should be loved and prayed for. There are many who every so often get confused about church teachings, its hard not to at times with the way the world is these days. But we must all remember that we should reconcile our issues, seek answers/resolution, and continue running to Grace.

• 3 years later...