An Old School Catholic Message Board

These are some unusual habits

OLAM Dad

missionseeker

[quote name='Mary-Kathryn' date='Dec 29 2005, 09:50 AM']Are you speaking of the re-enactment of Bloody Sunday at Selma? I'd be interested in seeing how this terrible event during the civil rights movement was portrayed.

I grew up in the South and while the majority are protestant, South Alabama has a history of strong Spanish and French Catholic influence.

The Archdiocese of Mobile has the Cathedral of The Immaculate Conception which is said to be beautiful-- I never got the chance to visit it myself. Have you?  Here's the website I just found [url="http://mobilecathedral.org/"]http://mobilecathedral.org/[/url]  Check out the stained glass windows in particular. 

I'm with you...a nun in a mini-skirt???
[right][snapback]838591[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

They said it wasn't bloody Sunday, it was a smaler one.
They reinacted it horribly. They had no idea what the sign i was carrying was for. i.e. [i]who[/i] would have carried it. The preist and nuns wore their rosaries around their necks. (Mom went to the wardrobe lady -who was very very sweet and nice- and told her that Catholics wouldn't wear it like that and so the costume lady changed them but the director said "I like it better the other way" ! Instead of walking on the side of the bridge, (like they did), we were sprawled ove the whole bridge.

I have seen the Cathedral. I've been there a couple of times. I actually sang there one Sunday. (with a choir)It is beautiful. Except the Bishop's chair is a groos puke-ish colored green. Like that color from the 50's

AlterDominicus

#3 The third nun if you go in order L-R is wearing HIGH HEELS!

THERE IS NO WAY a nun would wear high heels!!!!! :lol_pound:

#4 They might be real, because its not JUST a bar but if you look carefully there are ALL kinds of pop - so you never know!

Edited by AlterDominicus

[quote name='AlterDominicus' date='Dec 29 2005, 10:40 PM']#3 The third nun if you go in order L-R is wearing HIGH HEELS!

THERE IS NO WAY a nun would wear high heels!!!!! :lol_pound:

#4 They might be real, because its not JUST a bar but if you look carefully there are ALL kinds of pop - so you never know!
[right][snapback]839473[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You know, that one almost looks like she's wearing fishnets!

[quote name='jgirl' date='Dec 29 2005, 11:52 PM']You know, that one almost looks like she's wearing fishnets!
[right][snapback]839480[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL thats what i thought too!!!! actually there is a sister i know who does wear somewhat high heels.....iDK!!!