An Old School Catholic Message Board

heading down South...

daugher-of-Mary

daugher-of-Mary

Hey my sisters
I'm leaving on Wednesday with another young lady to spend a week with the Poor Clares at OLAM. Please pray for us! I'm torn between the PCPAs and two other contemplative communities, so I'm nervous and excited about this visit. :wacko:
If you have any messages for our PM postulant, let me know! ^_^

How exciting! I'll be praying for your discernment. :)

Tell Sr. Lauren hello and that we're all praying for her!

Have a wonderful visit! Leave your nerves behind and truly just be yourself. And then come back and tell us all!
Alicemary

passionheart

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 2 2006, 08:08 AM']Hey my sisters
I'm leaving on Wednesday with another young lady to spend a week with the Poor Clares at OLAM. Please pray for us! I'm torn between the PCPAs and two other contemplative communities, so I'm nervous and excited about this visit. :wacko:
[right][snapback]843209[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will be praying for you and hoping that you will be filled with God's peace. Be gentle with yourself dear sister and let God speak to your heart His desires.

Also, I think I will be a jealous of you as you venture SOUTH as I sit typing in a cold room :D:

passionheart

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 2 2006, 08:08 AM']Hey my sisters
[right][snapback]843209[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I will be praying for you and hoping that you will be filled with God's peace. Be gentle with yourself dear sister and let God speak to your heart His desires.

Also, I think I will be a little jealous of you as you venture SOUTH as I sit typing in this cold room wrapped in a blanket :D:

franciscanheart

Oh I will be praying so hard for you! :love:

and if you wouldnt mind telling Sr. Lauren that I got her beautiful letter and we are all praying for her!!

daugher-of-Mary

awww thanks y'all! :love: I will certainly give Sr. Lauren all the messages!

[quote]Also, I think I will be a little jealous of you as you venture SOUTH as I sit typing in this cold room wrapped in a blanket D.gif
[/quote]

I know! It'll be weird to feel warm! :idontknow:

Mary-Kathryn

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 2 2006, 11:00 AM']awww thanks y'all! :love: I will certainly give Sr. Lauren all the messages!
I know! It'll be weird to feel warm!  :idontknow:
[right][snapback]843290[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's not that far South! I grew up there [about two hours north of Birmingham] and I can tell you...winter comes there too! My father was back home over Christmas and it was in the 20's the whole week.
So, check the weather and make sure whether you'll need a coat or not :)

Ora et Labora

Tell her that her dad loves her and give her a big hug for me.

Enjoy the shrine, where will you be staying?

Hey Missy,

I just wanted to say enjoy your time at the shrine and I pray that Our Lord will speak to your heart while your there. Please tell all the externs that Shernel said hello and that I will return their book as soon as I am done. Also I hope you will enjoy cleaning the pews in the lower and upper church!! I hope you let us know all about your trip upon your return!! Also I hope you enjoy doing the office, that was one of my favorite things.

In JMJ

Edited by Marieteresa

daugher-of-Mary

I will be staying with the externs I think! ^_^ I'll give them your message, Shernel!

OLAM dad, most definitely! ^_^

Thanks again for all your prayers. They are SUCH a huge help, and I'm eternally grateful! Know of my little prayers for you all as well since I'll be living for a little while under the same roof as our Spouse. :o :D:

I'm jealous! I want to go see the Sister Servants soon, and you'll be so close! I have to wait until the middle of February!

Have a safe and holy trip! Have fun with the PCPAs!

[quote name='daugher-of-Mary' date='Jan 2 2006, 05:57 PM']I will be staying with the externs I think!  ^_^  I'll give them your message, Shernel!

OLAM dad, most definitely!  ^_^

Thanks again for all your prayers. They are SUCH a huge help, and I'm eternally grateful! Know of my little prayers for you all as well since I'll be living for a little while under the same roof as our Spouse.  :o  :D:
[right][snapback]843705[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks and after the hug slap her and tell her that that is for not calling her former family on Christmas. :) JK.

I imagine you'll be staying in the guesthouse. Tell Joan I said hello and make sure you get some of her taco soup. Yum.