An Old School Catholic Message Board

Leaving For Nasvhille

Lilllabettt

Early tomorrow morning I'm catching a plane to Nashville. I'm a little nervous.

Please pray that I have five lovely days of growing in the love of the Lord Jesus alongside the great Sisters of St. Cecilia.

And that I can fit a bath towel into my itty-bitty suitcase.

.... and somehow I managed to spell Nashville wrong ...
Give the girl a hand, she's a genius!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :blush:

Edited by Lilllabettt

Prayers sent. That bath towel should fit now. :)

Seriously, this must be very exciting for you, let us know how your visit goes.

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='Jan 3 2006, 09:41 AM']five lovely days[/quote]
Maybe she has some rotten days planned as well and she didn't count them. :)

Edited by OLAM Dad

of all the communities i want to see, I want to visit a dominican community....I love the full habits for some reason...not sure why though!!!! Good luck and take tons of pics so we can see them!!!!!!!!!!!!

AlterDominicus

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='Jan 3 2006, 08:41 AM']Early tomorrow morning I'm catching a plane to Nashville.  I'm a little nervous.

Please pray that I have five lovely days of growing in the love of the Lord Jesus alongside the great Sisters of St. Cecilia.

And that I can fit a bath towel into my itty-bitty suitcase.
[right][snapback]844369[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

PRAYERS! If you remember - tell Sister Mary Emily (from Amanda) that I LOVE her!

daugher-of-Mary

[quote]five lovely days

Maybe she has some rotten days planned as well and she didn't count them. smile.gif[/quote]

:lol_roll: Or maybe she didn't count many superbly fantastic days...

I can't read! :blush:

Hey everybody. I’m back from Nashville. I was there with 26 other young ladies, and the Sisters were exceedingly kind to us. The chapel they’ve just completed is absolutely beautiful. If you’ve ever seen the Divine Office sung the Dominican way … you know how cool that is. We got to see their schools ... the bambini are soooo cute. We were given conferences by an awesome Dominican friar. I’m so thankful we had a priest leading us this week, because I find that the prayer which brings me nearest to the Lord is the one in which I'm praying for priests … and here was Father smack in front of me, a prime target! (This friar is one of those whom makes loving priests easy, and joyful!)

Everything was very awesome. But I'm almost 100% sure I'm NOT called there. I can't quite put my finger on why ... but I just didn't feel at home, not in the way I did at the last convent I visited ... I thought that the warmth I felt whilst visiting the Sister Servants was just a result of the beautiful atmosphere … but here I was in a place that was even lovelier (really dream-like beauty!) and I didn’t get the same sense of peace …

Anyhow, I am so grateful for days I got to spend with the Sisters. Thanks so much for your prayers!!

photosynthesis

did you meet Sister Mary Bethany? She made her first profession last august, so she wears the black veil. this is her picture:

[img]http://nashvilledominican.org/News/Community_News/Photos/Carry_Gifts.jpg[/img]

she's the third sister

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jan 9 2006, 07:40 PM']did you meet Sister Mary Bethany? 

[/quote]

I think I did! Or at least I think I saw her walking around. What a cutie!