An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Legion of Christ

the_rev

[quote name='ironman' date='Jan 16 2006, 08:00 PM']I was reverted to the faith, due to Regnum Christi retreats, among other things.  I've been on about 10 young men's Regnum Christi retreats, and have not had one single problem.  The Priest's  are awesome and the spiritual direction is awesome.  I do know Cardinal Mahoney, doesn't like them, but that makes me like them even more.  I'm not a member of the Legion or Regnum Christi, and they have never "brainwashed" or forced me into anything......
I think they are one of they most effective orders out there, and sure some people may have issues with them, great.  People have issues with everything, all I can report on is they have helped change my life and I am very grateful for that.
[right][snapback]857758[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hello Ironman;
I do not know the retirements of RC and if it help the spiritual growth of people, wonderful.
But the intention of those retirements is the pick up of people for questionable methods.
If you want to know the happened thing in some dioceses, look this
[url="http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877"]http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877[/url]

prolifenovelist

[quote name='ruso' date='Jan 16 2006, 07:58 PM']Hello Ironman;
I do not know the retirements of RC and if it help the spiritual growth of people,  wonderful.
But the intention of those retirements is the pick up of people for questionable methods.
If you want to know the happened thing in some dioceses, look  this
[url="http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877"]http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877[/url]
[right][snapback]858260[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i would simply like to add that the regain network was started by people with BAD legionary experiences (usually, in my opinion, because they were not called to it and think that if they're not called to something, its evil) but there are MANY MANY MANY more cases of really GOOD legionary experiences. I personally reccomend reading "Christ is my life" by Fr. Marcial Maciel, LC or going to www.legionaryfacts.org
**emphasis on the FACTS, not rumors**

[quote name='prolifenovelist' date='Jan 17 2006, 05:53 AM']i would simply like to add that the regain network was started by people with BAD legionary experiences (usually, in my opinion, because they were not called to it and think that if they're not called to something, its evil) but there are MANY MANY MANY more cases of really GOOD legionary experiences. I personally reccomend reading "Christ is my life" by Fr. Marcial Maciel, LC or going to www.legionaryfacts.org
**emphasis on the FACTS, not rumors**
[right][snapback]858373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Facts:
The LC and RC have been banned from several diocese. MINNEAPOLIS,
COLUMBUS OH, LOS ANGELES. And investigated in others by its systems of pick up of youngs to those who they absolutely control, until the point to open its mail to them and to separate them of its family.
The investigation on Marcial Maciel continue, only the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith can close it.
I law those webs favorable to the RC for a long time, but for a long time have not been affecting pretty histories to me that count.
Not if you have read your those of exmembers, you say that it is because they do not has vocation, but if you read sides that to almost all was the people of the RC and LC that said to them that they has it, and when going away they left them.
There is much pain in its histories.

Ruso.......I checked out the site, I don't know whatever happend out there with RC..... However, once again what does that have to do with me. RC retreats are awesome, I've been deeply inspired to live my faith through these retreats. I do know of one person who was a seminarian for the Legion when they told after a little bit that the Priesthood wasn't his vocation. He seemed bitter and didn't want anything to do with RC or the Legion. He's married now, and I think is expecting a kid. It looks like the Legion was right, on the vocation issue. Every order has some rotten apples, that doesn't mean we throw out the whole order, if that was the case say goodbye to the Jesuits and the Dominicans. I don't want to hear anymore bashing of the Legion, if you have beef with them take it to adoration.....and pray that the order be all that God will allow it to be....