An Old School Catholic Message Board

ECYD and Regnum Christi!

Vivacristorey

Vivacristorey

I completely agree with you about the "dating" Christ thing for highschool in that, if it were any other normal, "hormonal", morally imperfect guy, my parents wouldn't even listen to my case.
But this guy's got no faults, will never hurt me, will never let me down, and has loved me since before I existed. He gives me the flowers every morning and the moon every night. He spells my name in the stars and artistically sculps the clouds so that I can find shapes out of them at my leisure. He never leaves my side, he has a GREAT relationship with my parents, and has asked if I can please go to his school. After all that (did I mention he died for me after I sin against him again and again?), how could I refuse his gentle calling "Follow me." ?

Hello Sarah.

You begin recommending directions, I recommend this
[url="http://www.exlegionaries.com/"]http://www.exlegionaries.com/[/url]. They are men and women who have left the RC.
Everything sees very pretty when you are young, when you think that your way this indicated and when generously you decide to give your life to an ideal.
I dont say nothing if you wanted to enter a traditional order, because they do not accept to you if you do not have vocation, and if they see that you have welcome.
But the RC, almost all the people who make the discernment have vocation, that chance, no?.
What they try is to catch the greater amount of possible people, to a very early age.
I also joint with 16 years in another one organization, the disappointment was brutal. You thought, this not happened with me and nevertheless the life gives many returns.
I continue saying that the RC catches youngs skipping the teaching of the church, some congregations have raised the age until the 21 years
in order to make sure the maturity its members.
You speak of St. Therese of Liseuix , a only case by its circumstances,
I doubt much that your parents nor nobody let to you enter in a carmelit monasterie with 14 years, they think that you go to one high school to follow your education.
You take yourself the criticize to the RC like something yours, and I do not have anything against you, while the RC preaches a charity, that they has never had with his exmembers, they treat them as if never they had existed, in spite of taking 3.5.10 and up to 30 years of delivery. The case of TricksterB is first exception that I know.
when other congregations help them and they are interested for who leave.
At this point you thought that I am the devil hindering your vocation, in the OD when tapeworm doubts say to me the same
When joints with the RC say this to your parents:
1º I am going to see to you at the most twice the year, that if me they
authorize it.
2º You are going to happen to a second place, now I have another family.
3º I will go to the ceremonies of the family (Marriages, baptisms, 1ª
comunnion), whenever me they autorizen it, perhasp accompanied of other member of RC, but I will not have left to the celebration.
4º I will never study in the university, the RC does not give importance to the studies of the consecrated womens.
5º When the disease or the oldness comes, it will visit to you if me they authorize it, but will not take care of you, my apostolates are more important, it is just as others like sisters or nuns if they do it.

Vivacristorey

all i know is that because of Regnum Christi I have found Christ. I may not be the most educated of all people (actually, I know perfectly well that i am not) but anything that brings me closer to Christ I honor and cherish. It is because of Regnum Christi that i have Christ.

I am not going to analyze each of its parts (by the way, for official answers to accusations posted by the website you mentioned, see www.legionaryfacts.org) and I am not going to tell you every one of its ways of bringing people closer to Christ, but I am going to tell you that it gave me the greatest joy of my life, the greatest peace that I could love Christ as my best friend. I did not get this from any other group or any parish group, this knowledge that Christ loves me so much he will always listen, he will always be there, that he is my closest friend and my greatest comfort. That he will carry me through life and let me rest in his loving arms. No one else has yet helped me to live out my faith besides Regnum Christi. It is only THROUGH Regnum Christi that I can go to Sunday Mass at my parish and really live it to its fullest.

I deeply regret that many people think that I'm just an ignorant little girl who doesnt understand that this great big evil paralell chuch is trying to recruit her, and that they feel "sorry" for me. i feel sorry for them. they just dont get it. they just dont understand.
I understand COMPLETLEY what i've "gotten into" by joining ECYD. I've "gotten into" the greatest relationship with Christ I've ever had, and NO ONE can take that away from me.

please stop posting here if you are going to spread rumors about the movement that gave me Christ and hope in the Church.
I'm sorry, but I cannot allow you to post negatively about it. period. End of discussion. no comprimise.

Peace to all. Im sure one day you'll understand. ;)
~*sarah*~

Umm, I don't want to poke my head in here and say anything but I am not aware that anyone can tell someone else to stop posting their views. I mean everyone is entitled to their views....The good, the bad the ugly.

I just wanted to say welcome to PM

prolifenovelist

welcome to the thread, marieteresa!
i just meant that everything I've said so far has been torn down with lies by others on this thread... if this movement has given me Christ, I dont see any problem with it.
perhaps you could tell us your views on Regnum Christi?
~*sarah*~

Personally I know very little about RC or the LC and I am just beginning to learn about both organizations. I am just wonder how did you learn about RC and what made you decide to join them. I am guessing I asking about a vocation story here.

In JMJ

I would also like to second vivachristorey's experiences with Regnum Christi. (and just for the record, i'm 23) I joined Regnum Christi almost two years ago, and I have to say no other singular group in my life has had a more positive impact on my spiritual life and intimacy with Christ. Before joining I read all the websites that are out there, and talked with several people who had had negative experiences with Regnum Christi, and I still discerned that Christ was calling me to Regnum Christi. Having seen from both sides of the fence, I can assure you that any eagerness to increase membership in Regnum Christi and the Legion is out of charity, it is wanting to share with others the treasure we have found. Regnum Christi has given me what I was longing for, the concrete means to progress in my spiritual life and grow closer to Christ day by day.

For a catholic that practices it is very attractive in the beginning, formed priests, devotee people. Once introduced they convince to you that these in the best site. The normal people of RC it thinks . They request to you and even demand that only go to its means of formation, confession only with legionary priests ect.......
Without hardly contact with other catholics groups, this can get to create a parallel church, for that reason and other reasons have been banned from several dioceses.
[url="http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877"]http://www.regainnetwork.org/article.php?a=47245877[/url]

prolifenovelist

in your admirable haste to defend the Holy Catholic Church from harmful cults and devisions, ruso, I'm afraid you have become a bit biased against Regnum Christi. Why not look at the website and and other sites in FAVOR of it and then compare what you've found?
Morostheos has expressed very clearly what I believe as well... all attempts at "recruitment" are to share what we've found. if you find Regnum Christi is not for you, then congratulations for discerning God's will for you!
I would also like to clear up what you've said, ruso. all legionary priests i've met have encouraged regnum christi members to get involved in their parishes and talk with their parish priests regularly. They encourage us to look to the parish for many things, such as some parts of formation (life teen, rcia, etc) as well as for the sacraments and Mass. Nothing anti-parish has been said that I have heard of, and if you have heard anything specifically a Legionary has said saying "Do not go to your parish. Come to me. Legionaries are the only ones with truth. Forget the Church! Who needs it!" then please tell me and I will leave Regnum Christi immediately. I'm afraid, however, you will be wasting your time searching, because no such comment has (i believe) ever been made.

~*vivacristorey on friend's computer*~

Edited by prolifenovelist

peacenluvbaby

[quote name='Vivacristorey' date='Jan 16 2006, 12:52 PM']I completely agree with you about the "dating" Christ thing for highschool in that, if it were any other normal, "hormonal", morally imperfect guy, my parents wouldn't even listen to my case.
But this guy's got no faults, will never hurt me, will never let me down, and has loved me since before I existed. He gives me the flowers every morning and the moon every night. He spells my name in the stars and artistically sculps the clouds so that I can find shapes out of them at my leisure. He never leaves my side, he has a GREAT relationship with my parents, and has asked if I can please go to his school. After all that (did I mention he died for me after I sin against him again and again?), how could I refuse his gentle calling "Follow me." ?
[right][snapback]857800[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My point about dating wasnt a fear of pregnancy or other dangerous possibilities or that Jesus is not perfect...that is irrelevant. The point is that you lack the maturity, as a teenager, to seriously date ANYONE or ANYTHING. I dont think parents would want their teens changing religions (regardless of whether your parents are Catholic, Buddhist, Hindu or Siek), or considering deep, life commitments to any organization. :marriage:

Anyways, this thread is no longer about the PC, it seems to have grown to include lots more...and I was only interested in giving a heads up to those interested in what is said to be a "high school" but really is a nunnery. :topsy:

[quote name='prolifenovelist' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:02 AM']in your admirable haste to defend the Holy Catholic Church from harmful cults and devisions, ruso, I'm afraid you have become a bit biased against Regnum Christi. Why not look at the website and and other sites in FAVOR of it and then compare what you've found?
Morostheos has expressed very clearly what I believe as well... all attempts at "recruitment" are to share what we've found. if you find Regnum Christi is not for you, then congratulations for discerning God's will for you!
I would also like to clear up what you've said, ruso. all legionary priests i've met have encouraged regnum christi members to get involved in their parishes and talk with their parish priests regularly. They encourage us to look to the parish for many things, such as some parts of formation (life teen, rcia, etc) as well as for the sacraments and Mass. Nothing anti-parish has been said that I have heard of, and if you have heard anything specifically a Legionary has said saying "Do not go to your parish. Come to me. Legionaries are the only ones with truth. Forget the Church! Who needs it!" then please tell me and I will leave Regnum Christi immediately. I'm afraid, however, you will be wasting your time searching, because no such comment has (i believe) ever been made.

~*vivacristorey on friend's computer*~
[right][snapback]858384[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
If that I have been read for a long time webs favorable to LC and RC, and for a long time it has been positioning to me in against of LC and RC.
Because I have seen as they make the things, in Spain, in Mexico, and now in USA, in Spain no longer the movement grows because its bad fame precedes to them, In Mexico one begins to collapse its framework
and in the USA I see that some bishops take measures against them.
Anyway if I must emphasize something that I said before, I have not said that the members of the RC do not go to the parishes, in fact assets in them are enough mainly by "to share with others the treasure we have found".
What I said to confess itself single to legionary priests is for those
who want that they are introduced more, already the wraths seeing.
In end, I am tired from that each one draws its own conclusions.
With Christ always.

Some food for thought from one of my favorite Cardinals, Cardinal Schonborn:

[quote]Ex-members
All religious communities know that their new members need a time of mutual getting-to-know-each-other, of growing into the group and of self-examination, as they prepare for a definite commitment. The superiors have the right to dismiss someone for certain serious reasons. But, unfortunately, departure or dismissal may also occur after someone has already made a final commitment. Some of those who have left a community keep in friendly contact, following their own way by mutual agreement. Of course, communities approved by the Church will — in case of conflict — offer their members and ex-members the opportunity to approach the appropriate Church authorities.

Some ex-members cannot come to terms with their negative experiences and make them known from the platform of the media. People living together will experience their limitations and weaknesses. [b]It is, however, unjustified, to present personal difficulties within a community as if they were a general experience. On the whole, negative experiences of individuals are painful for the Church community.[/b]

Such experiences continue to be discussed in public. [b]There is no interest in questions of the teaching of the faith, but in ways of behavior and their effects.[/b] In discussion it becomes obvious that the Church in her various communities is an "alternative society" with respect to a liberal secular society — "Whoever is ready to accept religion only in the form of a civil religion which is compatible with society, must be suspicious of anything more radical".8 Should criticism be based on real problematic developments in a group, this will be sufficient reason for the appropriate Church authority to undertake a thorough investigation. Criticism may give rise to a purification and better growth of groups. In the Vatican Interim Report of 1986: Sects and New Religious Movements - A Challenge for Pastoral Ministry, we read that attitudes adopted by sects (such as intolerance and aggressive proselytism) are not enough to characterize a sect, since these attitudes may be found in Church communities as well. To quote: "However, these groups may undergo a positive change by becoming more deeply absorbed in Christian formation and also through contact with other Christians around them. Thus they may continuously grow in thinking and acting with the Church".9 To think with the Church is a challenge for both sides: the group has to learn to bring its charism in as one among many (thus resisting the temptation to lay claim to an ecclesiastical absolutism); those who have no direct access to this form of life in the Church have to learn to see in such a community a gift of the life-giving Spirit, whereby many can find a new approach to faith.[/quote]
Notes:
8 Cf. H. Gasper, "Ein problematisches Etikett: Mit dem Sektenbegriff sollte man behutsam umgehen", Herder Korrespondenz 50 (1996), 577-580; H. Maier, "Sekten in der Kirche? Es muß Platz geben für unterschiedliche Wege", Klerusblatt 76 (1996), 208.
9 I. Kapitel, ed., Referat für Weltanschauungsfragen der Erzdiözese Wien, 1986, p. 5

Quoted from:
Are there Sects in the Catholic Church?
By Archbishop Christoph Schonborn
L'Osservatore Romano
Weekly Edition in English
13/20 August 1997, page 3
L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.

[quote name='morostheos' date='Jan 17 2006, 06:26 PM']Some food for thought from one of my favorite Cardinals, Cardinal Schonborn:
Notes:
8 Cf. H. Gasper, "Ein problematisches Etikett: Mit dem Sektenbegriff sollte man behutsam umgehen", Herder Korrespondenz 50 (1996), 577-580; H. Maier, "Sekten in der Kirche? Es muß Platz geben für unterschiedliche Wege", Klerusblatt 76 (1996), 208.
9 I. Kapitel, ed., Referat für Weltanschauungsfragen der Erzdiözese Wien, 1986, p. 5

Quoted from:
Are there Sects in the Catholic Church?
By Archbishop Christoph Schonborn
L'Osservatore Romano
Weekly Edition in English
13/20 August 1997, page 3
L'Osservatore Romano is the newspaper of the Holy See.
[right][snapback]858689[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We are speaking of more of 200 priests or ex priests, exmembers of LC,
if we included exseminarists and old consecrated women the numbers
increase much. All almost say the same, that in the LC if it is a general experience, some tried to change the things, but they were not listened.
Now the "war" between some exmembers and the LC and RC is total.
Losers: No only the Lc and RC and exmembers, but all the Church.

Ora et Labora

[quote name='Vivacristorey' date='Jan 12 2006, 05:22 PM']I'm in the Atlanta section :)
[right][snapback]854308[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Cecy from Atlanta was my spiritual director!!! :D: She was good. I know so many people at the school.

There are a bunch of Cecys. lol I know like 4... :lol:

Regnum Cristi is good. Im not a fanatic, but, its good.