An Old School Catholic Message Board

*annoyed*

VeraMaria

If I was studying in London which I hope to be in 2 years....

Ash Wednesday, where abouts in London are you going to be studying?

this guy is either A: on drugs or B: insane.

Nope, he's actually a rather respected writer over here and his books are doing very well. I'm very shocked to read how anti God, the church and the Catholic faith they are. They are reaching quite an audience since they are pitched to both children and adults - quite a popular thing for writers to do since blooming Harry Potter. He gave a speech which I heard recently encouraging people to be inspirational thinkers - of course, I didn't know he had the hidden agenda of atheism. :(

• 2 weeks later...

pham,

i don't mean to sound like the moral police, but we're kinda dipping our toe into the "personal attacks" pool w/ this thread. i'm just remembering what the phorum guidelines say:

Prohibited Content:

Personal Attacks

- a post or comment that has nothing to do with the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. This includes, but is not limited to, calling people "heretics" (used in a derogatory manner), "democrooks", etc.

"Never reprimand anyone while you feel provoked over a fault that has been committed. Wait until the next day, or even longer. Then make your remonstrance calmly and with a purified intention. You'll gain more with an affectionate word than you ever would from three hours of quarreling. Control your temper." - St Josemaria Escriva

what do u guys think?

pax christi,

phatcatholic

Pray for England!

Prayer to Defeat the Work of Satan

O Divine Eternal Father, in union with your Divine Son and the Holy Spirit, and through the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg You to destroy the Power of your greatest enemy -- the evil spirits.

Cast them into the deepest recesses of hell and chain them there forever! Take possession of your Kingdom which You have created and which is rightfully yours.

Heavenly Father, give us the reign of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary.

I repeat this prayer out of pure love for You with every beat of my heart and with every breath I take.

Amen.

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday, where abouts in London are you going to be studying?

I hope to study at either Royal College of Art, Central St. Martins, London College of Printing....

:cyclops:

*sighs dreamily at the thought of attending Mass at St. Etheldreda's whenever I want!*

Edited by Ash Wednesday

hyperdulia again

phatcatholic, the gentleman with erectile problems doesn't post here, so there's no danger of a great big fight and people walking away with hurt feelings. perhaps we could all be a little more charitable to him though, perhaps he's slow.