An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Life

shortnun

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' date='Jan 12 2006, 07:56 PM']I just turned on EWTN and its a rap video. :unsure:
[right][snapback]854382[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, it's by Nick Cannon. His mother was in an abortion clinic and at the last moment decided to leave.... a few months later, he we was born. The message he shares is powerful. The Sisters were pretty fun, if you ask me. :)

That was the "Can I Live?" video.

They played it because everythign was very pro-life centered on the show tonight.

They were very cool!

i watched it fully....i forgot that they were going to be on until 6pm when i was watching Law and ORder:SVU, the sisters were funny. i was laughing at some of the things, but that kinda sticks that they ran out of time and wasnt able to do much......oh well....do they have a email address????

oh yeah, i thought the music video was really nice to see because not to many of us can realize that something liek that can happen to someone like him, etc.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 12 2006, 08:32 PM']......oh well....do they have a email address????
[right][snapback]854434[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Nope, they have no internet (other than their website). If you send them a letter, remember stamp prices went up 2 cents!

Sr. Mary Gabriel, S.V.
c/o St. Frances de Chantal Convent
198 Hollywood Ave
Bronx, NY

(718) 863-2264- They ask people please call between: 9:30am - 12 noon, 2:30pm - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and Saturdays.

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jan 12 2006, 10:07 PM']Nope, they have no internet (other than their website). If you send them a letter, remember stamp prices went up 2 cents!

Sr. Mary Gabriel, S.V.
c/o St. Frances de Chantal Convent
198 Hollywood Ave
Bronx, NY 

(718) 863-2264- They ask people please call between: 9:30am - 12 noon, 2:30pm - 4:30pm Monday to Thursday and Saturdays.
[right][snapback]854502[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

thanks, too bad tomorrow if friday!!!! I'll call them on Sat. i have heard so much about the Sisters of life that i want to check them out!!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Jan 12 2006, 11:10 PM']thanks, too bad tomorrow if friday!!!! I'll call them on Sat. i have heard so much about the Sisters of life that i want to check them out!!!!
[right][snapback]854505[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

sixtina, remember what that carmelite told you about contacting too many places?

the Sisters of Life, especially Sr. Kateri, S.V. are absolutely great! and that video was pretty cool, too.

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 13 2006, 07:10 PM']Wasnt that the girl from the fresh prince of belair ?lol
[right][snapback]855491[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Uhhhh the women on the show were Hilary (the oldest) and Ashley..... and neither of their real names are Kateri.......

[quote name='Rick777' date='Jan 13 2006, 07:29 PM']:lol_roll:  :lol_roll:  :lol_roll:
The girl in the rap video who plays the guys mom.
[right][snapback]855516[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ooooooooooooh.... :doh: You win points for close observation. She played Ashley, Will's younger cousin. I guess I was too busy daydreaming about when "Snick" meant watching Nick Cannon on "All That" and "Kenan & Kel." (I seriously hope I didn't date myself too much there.)

[quote]The video, set in the 1970s, takes place at an abortion clinic where a teenage mother, played by actress Tatiana Ali, formerly of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," arrives to get an abortion. Cannon, who plays a ghost-version of himself, tries to persuade his mother to choose life and reconsider her decision to terminate her pregnancy.[/quote] [url="http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1420256/posts"]I googled "Fresh Prince" and "Nick Cannon" and BINGO![/url]

Edited by shortnun