An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recent Moovies

Qamidalash

Hey, guys, I thought it would be nice if we had a place to talk about recent movies so we can hit the good ones and avoid the stink bombs!

Who wants to start?

IcePrincessKRS

Thw two movies I went and saw most recently:

The Hulk and Pirates of the Caribbean. I liked both, but I think with the Hulk you either like it or you don't. I used to watch the TV series when I was little so I was obsessed with seeing the movie--my husband didn't like it as much as I did. From people I've talked to girls enjoyed it more than guys; apparently the guys thought there should have been more things blowing up and all that good stuff.

I think everyone loved Pirates, taking into account all the replies in the thread devoted to that movie under Open Mic.

My friends went and saw Legally Blonde 2 this evening and said it was pretty funny.

cantstopdancin9

I have seen like almost every movie out so let's just go down the list:

Finding Nemo: Oh yea! Best movie ever! ;)

Legally Blonde 2: Stupid storyline but all the dogs are cute

Pirates of the Caribbean: That movie rocked! I would see it a thousand times!

28 Days Later: Kinda weird is all I'll say...

Bruce Almighty: I'm sure you've all seen that already

Dumb and Dumber: That's been out for a while to but it's really stupid

Matrix Reloaded: We've already shared our opinions on that

Terminator 3: Yea! GO ARNOLD! This movie is amesome!

Ok, that's all the movies that I've seen that are out right now.

littleflower+JMJ

wow we should pay you i mean your saving us like a lot of money, now i don't feel like i should see any movie cuz cantstopdancing made it all seem soo real to me... :)

wow thanks though, its hard finding a good movie these days....

lol cantstopdancin9, JMJ's right! ;-)

How to Deal-another movie NOT worth seeing. Very immoral, and it was very stupid of me to see. If you like Mandy Moore, stick to A Walk to Remember.

:-(

Another one bites the dust...

littleflower+JMJ

i know, it makes me soo mad when all they show is immoral stuff..and alot of the stuff you just cannot even believe.....i have never watched something that is soo immoral then some of today's movies. i can't laugh at what others (today's society) think as funny, i see it as gross, immoral and offensive, and thats cuz i'm not too difficult to make laugh...all this premartial sex that is shown is so offensive and misdirects all the lost youth today....if i had a choice, half of those movies wouldn't have been made.....like American PIe! aaughh! that movie makes me want to throw up and i'm not playing either....oh and everyone goes and sees that movie (my friends)....nope,not me...i rather feed my mind, ears, eyes and heart good, clean, things that come from God, i guess thats why i want St. Therese to come out and Mel Gibson's Movie" the passion" ......what we know as "immoral" is "normal" lifestyles for some...and thats sad......

thanks Q for letting us know, i refuse to go see those movies and support them...thier just trash!

wow! see what i mean? i'm so glad we have this section, im just soo disappointed in hollywood, they don't acknowledge God, nor do they know Him....

but that should change with "the Passion"! whooo hoo!!

;)

littleflower+JMJ

as this summer coming out with summer blockbusters....i want to remind everyone to always be cautious of what they're placing themselve to watch and which movies to pick....

we're all called to be chaste and pure....and this has many meanings but its also staying pure in what we see, hear and place in front of us......whatever it may be, music, movies, tv, games, you name it.....another question you can ask yourself is would jesus watch what im'' watching? if the answer is likely "no" then reconsider.....

i'm helping out my fellow phamily and i hope you understand that....i luv all of ya and i know ya are great catholics..and thats what we're all here for, to become better catholics and to help each other make it to heaven, now i think we're doing that rather well for creepy aliens..

amen? ....Amen!

+JMJ lol_grin.gif

HiddenVoice

I'm having flashbacks from my days as an entertainment editor of a newspaper. Well anyways here we go....... *ahem*

Finding nemo: Cute. Which is saying something from a male perspective. I actually enjoyed the movie and found myself senselessly repeating jokes afterwards with all of my friends.

Terminator 3: The special effects on this movie blew my mind, in my opinion completely making the new Matrix look like a cheesy video game. While the script was dedicated and did justice to the past movies I still believe the ending defeated alot of the movies worth. I'll say nothing more on why however (I don't do spoilers)

League of Extraordinary gentlemen: I don't think anyone has reviewed this..... So I'll be a little specific with it. This was a really well thought out movie. The characters in it (portraying different elements of stories from Victorian England i.e., dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde, Mina Harker) were EXTREMELY colorful. Those of you book nerds out there will get a kick out of seeing how each character interacts with another. However, I think it moved too fast plot wise. it's not hard to follow it, but after awhile you're so exhausted from trying to you just give up. Also I didn't like the ending (as you can tell I'm really finicky with those".

P.S. A nickel to whoever can name the book Dorian Gray was from. I had to read the cursed thing for my AP english Literature class.

Pirates of the Carribean: To be short: "Brilliant", Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonngggggg", "great cast", and most imporatantly "good ending".

Voice

littleflower+JMJ

did he just call finding nemo CuTe? wow! your a cool guy hidden voice! i wish more guys were likeyou! :lol:

IcePrincessKRS

The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde, DUH. It got dubbed "Dorian Gay" by many of my friends and classmates. I find it ironic that some of the literature characters in that movie were the "good guys," like Dorian was the bad guy in the book... unless I am misunderstanding the movie--I didn't watch it, but my husband did.

HiddenVoice

Certain plot devices are used to that effect. but i won't spoil the movie by saying who lives up to their character. however I am rather ticked that my favorite fictional character of all time, Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde, had his "evil" alter ego butchered by poor scripting. He turns out to be like more helpful then demonstrating his darker side of humanity like he's supposed too. Urghh. It makes me tingle with rage!

Voice

P.S. Cute is a very loose term. I feel now however as though I have been singled out.

:huh::lol:

Quick Flower! Uncool me! j/k

IcePrincessKRS

So where's my nickel? :lol::huh:

Actually, I don't deserve one. That question was a no-brainer for me. I have my BA in English Language and Literature.

HiddenVoice

Well you have definately earned my respect then if not some form of cash currency. And trust me, my respect is definately worth more then a nickel................ I think. Actually let me get back to you on that. Everyone's been selling their shares lately. I'm beggining to worry.

Anymore movies to discuss?????? Anyone want to go see a movie? I can't find people these days to go do that and I finally feel like going to see one again. *sigh*

voice