An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recent Moovies

Qamidalash

littleflower+JMJ

i wanna go see spy kids.....yup! you guessed it...im going w/ my little brother...i'm really going for me, his just the excuse! lol. j/k

hey, do you have to buy your own glasses for that or what? does anybody know?

+JMJ

HiddenVoice

No. they're absolutely free with the ticket for the movie. Personally I just bought a ticket so that I could get the glasses. I predict that they will be the next fashion craze and I am going to be the pioneer! (Hey. Stranger things have happened right?) B)

Voice

GodsThespianChic

did he just call finding nemo CuTe? wow! your a cool guy hidden voice! i wish more guys were like you!  :o

+JMJ, no you don't. Trust me, I know him personally, ya know, in the real world! lol, j/k, Voice, you know I love you!!! Or at least, you better! Even if I left you to brave the rain at my house! :)

Please tell me you aren't actually going to wear those! Actually, ya know what? I know you will. I know you will wear them when we go somewhere just to try and embarass me. :o You know I love ya.

Terminator 3 - An okay movie with a heck of a lot of action and a lot less story, with a disappointing ending, not near as good as T2: Judgement Day 3.5/5

Hulk - Kinda slow in some parts, Eric Bana's acting was very ordinary, the plot is too different from the Hulk's original comic book origin 3/5

Bruce Almighty - Fairly enjoyable, not that funny at all, good Christian message 3.5/5

Shanghai Knights - Not bad, could've been a lot better 3/5

Matrix Reloaded - Not as good as The Matrix, but still good, visually spectacular 4/5

littleflower+JMJ

thanks catholic! i'm probably going to watch the pirates of the caribeann today....maybe maybe not, but i'll be here to give you my two bits

+JMJ

GodsThespianChic

Lara Croft: Tomb Raider- The Cradle of Life:

The only good part was the end! Me and GG were so bored, we walked out and talked to my friend James...the ending was good, and not just because it was the end, but it was good. I hope it's a permanent end though. Because it was bad. My advice: don't see it. Although BlueRose and HiddenVoice enjoyed it. I don't know why.

• 12 years later...
Not A Mallard

Favorite recent movies:

Inside Out

Pixar's most creative, insightful, and emotional (in more ways than one) movie yet.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Its brutality isn't for the squeamish, but those who can enjoy its insane action might find some humanity underneath its twisted imagery.

Avengers: Age of Ultron

A bloated but satisfyingly fun and more meaningful sequel to the superior Avengers.

Ant-Man

Even though it suffers from a slow pace and shoehorned in allusions to other Marvel property, it's endearingly funny throughout, and its final act is a riot.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

Basically a showcase for outrageous practical stunts; Rebecca Ferguson steals the show.

Least favorite recent movies:

The Spongebob Movie: Sponge Out of Water

I laughed throughout, but nothing here warranted a theatrical movie.

Minions

Like Spongebob, it was funny, but also too raunchy and morbid for kids.

Tomorrowland

Its fun moments are disperse throughout a slogging plot that takes us forever to get to the titular utopia.

Jurassic World

If it's viewed as big-budget B-movie homage to the original, it's worth watching once.