An Old School Catholic Message Board

any FSSP, ICKSP, or SSPX priests?

Resurrexi

Marieteresa,

Just my quick two cents.... I know from other posts here about your vocation to religious life (obviously). I would suggest discussing your desire to attend Latin Mass (TLM or NO in Latin) with Rev. Mother. Attending TLM can expand our minds and hearts in understanding how we pray best, the history of the Church, and the minds and hearts of those involved in Traditional movements today. It may also allow us to better appreciate Vatican II and the Novus Ordo. But I might be wary of going to an independent church. :)

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 15 2006, 02:47 PM']don't attend an independent chapel. I would only attend an Indult or sspx chapel.
[right][snapback]856771[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ok sorry if I have been under a rock but does attending a sspx or indult mass count toward sunday obligation? Secondly how does one know if there is an indult?

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Jan 15 2006, 01:29 PM']If I were to become a priest (which is unlikely because I really want a wife) I would enter either the FSSP ICKSP or SSPX orders. Any priests on here from these orders? any laymen on here who know priests from these orders very well?
[right][snapback]856696[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Hi and welcome!!! :bye: If you feel comfortable, perhaps you'd like to share some of the highlights about your vocation journey thus far. You indicate you "really want a wife," but also seem interested in the priesthood. God bless and many prayers for you. And again, :welcome:

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Yes it does. Rome Says so. an Indult is a special permission given by your bishop for a priest to say the Traditional Latin Mass. That list is gave you should inculde all the indults in the State of Floridia.

God Bless,

Sam

Again thanks for including the list....Yep the only 2 listed that are close by are 1 to 2 hours away. Besides I like the fact that my parish is run by Francisican monks.

In JMJ

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Ive never met a franciscan before. I heard they are cool. Are they cool?

I encourage you to try and attend one at least once, especially before you enter a convent that does not allow it.

God Bless,

Sam

I love my Francisican Friars...They are really great, personally most of the time I have gone to parishes that are run by religious S.J and now Francisican. Yeah, they are pretty cool and have very beneficial to my spiritual life one of the priests does SD for more than 10 people.

Now the think about the Latin mass, I supposedly heard that they actually do it at my Carmel once a month I don't know how to check if thats true.

Can you find out for me?

it the Discalced Carmelite Monastery in Ada (Parnell) Michigan

Edited by Marieteresa

[quote name='shortnun' date='Jan 15 2006, 01:52 PM']Hi and welcome!!!  :bye:  If you feel comfortable, perhaps you'd like to share some of the highlights about your vocation journey thus far. You indicate you "really want a wife," but also seem interested in the priesthood. God bless and many prayers for you. And again,  :welcome:
[right][snapback]856774[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I really havent had much of a "vocational calling". I'm 12. But I will either be married or be a priest (probably married)

[quote name='StThomasMore' date='Jan 15 2006, 04:44 PM']I really havent had much of a "vocational calling". I'm 12. But I will either be married or be a priest (probably married)
[right][snapback]856845[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know SSPX priests very well! They are truly holy priests, I recommend them highly, if you really want to be a traditional priest with a great formation go to the Society.

"You may fulfill your obligation anywhere where the Roman Rite is celebrated."- Cardinal Oddi.

So this means attendance at SSPX and Independent chapels will fulfill your obligation.

I would not encourage anyone going to the liturgy of a schismatic group. It encourages a dissident spirit. If you feel like going to the FSSP on the other hand more power to you. One of my friends' parishes is run by a FSSP priest and he and his family, trads that they are, prefer to go to the High Tridentine Mass. The FSSP are great people with a praiseworthy mission within the Church and I greatly value the 'spirituality' section of [url="http://www.fssp.org/"]http://www.fssp.org/[/url] since it shows you how one can be both in the bosom of the (so called)post-conciliar Church whilst maintaing a strong sense of traditionalism. I'm not a Tridentinist myself but I have nothing but respect for the FSSP. I've never known one who didnt seem deeply committed to his priestly vocation.

Edited by Myles

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:06 PM']Rome says we can go to sspx so I will  go.
[right][snapback]856934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No it does not either. Rome says for us to avoid the SSPX.

And contrary to what has already been said in this thread, an SSPX Mass or an independent Mass CANNOT fulfill one's Sunday obligation UNLESS -- and only unless -- it's a case of grave necessity. And the Church decides what would constitute grave necessity, not us.

To StThomasMore (or whatever your user name is) --
Stay away from the SSPX! They're in schism, and thus joining them would endanger one's soul. And of course, they lack faculties to hear confessions and perform marriages.

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:06 PM']Rome says we can go to sspx so I will  go.
[right][snapback]856934[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I agree Dave

From Ecclesia Dei
[quote]c) In the present circumstances I wish especially to make an appeal both solemn and heartfelt, paternal and fraternal, to all those who until now have been linked in various ways to the movement of Archbishop Lefebvre, that they may fulfil the grave duty of remaining united to the Vicar of Christ in the unity of the Catholic Church, and of ceasing their support in any way for that movement. Everyone should be aware that formal adherence to the schism is a grave offence against God and carries the penalty of excommunication decreed by the Church's law.(8)[/quote]

To Marieteresa - Don't be so worried about attending a latin mass to the point of attending a mass where illict priests are celebrating. If you have the oppertunity to go to a proper indult mass then go, otherwise, contary to what EENS, More, and breden are telling you, Do not go to an SSPX mass especially when there are valid N.O. and indult masses.

the SSPX isnt in schism! and really, why would it be? It's just another order like the Carmelites, Franciscans, Domonicans, the FSSP, or the Institute of Christ the King!