An Old School Catholic Message Board

Drug Your Baby

dUSt

IcePrincessKRS

I think Anna and Theo's aunt probably have the besst solutions out of all the ones suggested or questioned so far. lol_grin.gif

Carrie, my great grandmother used to do that with us, only we'd always ask her to take them out because it was so weird and freaky. lol

And a good old-fashioned spanking can teach a child that misbehaving in public has consequences.

Better that he learn it young, from his parents' hands, than to learn it later, from the long arm of the law. ;)

When I was a kid, my dad use to give me "the look". I try the same thing with my daughter and she laughs at me and calls me a fat head.

Ashley is probably quite well behaved and doesn't need it, but for those kids who make life miserable for everyone around them in public, they should be taught that there will be negative consequences for behaving thusly. I'm not talking beatings; but something to make them realize that bad behavior will reap fruits later.

Ooooops. (hee hee) I posted that while you were posting your message, Hyper! ;)

Well, was Jon being a dumbass? :o

Edited by Anna

hyperdulia again

Ooooops.  (hee hee) I posted that while you were posting your message, Hyper!  ;)

Well, was Jon being a dumbass?  :o

I think it was an apt description. I told him to wash the hen I was cooking that night and he decided it'd be more fun to make it dance---infecting my counter with salmanilla (sp?) in the process i'm sure.

Was he singing, "And a little bit of this, and a little bit of that, and clap your hands" *clap, clap, clap, clap*? ;)

hyperdulia again

;) No singing just dancing. If he'd been singing I would've called him "that word".

Edited by hyperdulia again

Well, at least she was using it in the proper context... :)

And yes, my Katie always behaves herself in public! It didn't take very many spankings, either. (She was a fast learner.)

Mary's Knight, La

My fiance's mom told me to try this when I couldnt sleep and it works for me.

when it's obvious she's not in need of water or the toilet just ask her to pray the following with you:

Dear, Jesus please give me sweet sweet dreams.

works inside of 30 min for me ;-)