An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

Sixtina87

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 17 2006, 11:07 PM']no one loves me!!!!! =(
[right][snapback]890924[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

We must have faith in ourselves before we can have faith in others.

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 16 2006, 09:29 PM']i thought you already asked me that??? or was it someone else!!!  :idontknow:  :idontknow:  :idontknow:  I did send them a letter asking for info....i love the sisters and community but.....they shave their heads and give up driving!!!! I couldnt do that!!! also if i felt called to them i would have to write a paper on why!!!!
[right][snapback]889992[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
They don't shave their heads, and that should never be a reason to throw out a community (along with driving and writing an essay).

Actually I think most orders request that you write something. I had to write about my motives for requesting entrance to the religious life, which in a way was telling my story of why I wanted to join the Sister Servants.

Laurentina1975

Hey Jgirl, how are ya?

Yeah, it's like pretty much an autobiography that they require. They like to know a lot about you and see how you write. I can imagine when I am required to do that it would take me forever because I would keep rewriting it over and over.....ahhhh.

I'm doing very well. My visit was lovely, and I hated to leave as I always do when I go there. But when I get the opportunity to stay, then it will be all the sweeter.

The Sisters kept me busy. I cleared tables after meals, wiped down, dried lots of dishes, weighed and broke spaghetti in half, made an apple dessert (from scratch without a recipe: two of the three pans turned out...we put tapioca into a third and didn't realize it wasn't instant, so it was like it had bb pellets in it), swept outside, and then witnessed the feeding of their horses. We also played the much loved Apples to Apples game, which is always pretty funny. Most importantly, I prayed a ton.

Flying was a nightmare once again, but it ended up being fine. We had a freak hailstorm right when my plane was supposed to be arriving so that we could leave on Friday. The plane couldn't land, and it had to go back to Memphis because of crew limitations. They ended up cancelling our flight, and they booked me on a flight that was going to leave at 7 am and stop in Atlanta. My dad came to the airport, and I was going to go home, but he told me to try to get the Southwest direct flight so that we wouldn't have to come back at a ridiculous hour the next day when I was packed and had everything at the airport already. It turned out I got one of the last seats about 45 minutes before the plane took off. It was an extra $100 more than my original ticket (hopefully they refund me because otherwise I have a NWA ticket for future use) , but it was worth every penny to have a short and direct flight! The coolest part was despite the drama-filled hours at the St. Louis airport, I ended up getting to Birmingham half an hour earlier than my original flight would have gotten there. The stress fracture came in handy because I was second to last in line for the C group boarding which means an awful seat on a completely full flight. I saw the preboarding area, so I actually got to board first on both flights and ended up getting the best seats.

Just the statement on why you want to enter religious life. Mine was more than a page long, though. I kind of told my story of how I got to where I was a year ago when I applied.