An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Servants of the Eternal Word

Sixtina87

I've also got to hijack this thread to sing the praises of the Sister Servants!

They are the nicest, sweetest, most compassionate, understanding, easy to talk to Sisters in the whole widest world! ( I had a phone conversation with Sr. Louise Marie last night which made me very very very happy. Can you tell, lol?)

Nicole, you are going to have tons of holy fun! Thank you Lord Jesus for the Sister Servants!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='jgirl' date='Feb 11 2006, 09:03 PM']This is me hijacking Nicole's thread:

I have less than 5 days left until I leave! I'm heading down Thursday afternoon/evening (and based on my other trips, it could be early Friday!). Please pray I don't get delayed because I have a night flight, and those get really late when they are delayed. I don't mind it, but I feel bad for the poor Sisters who wake up at 5:30 and have to pick me up between midnight and 2 am (instead of 3 pm or 7 pm).
[right][snapback]884282[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Hey Jgirl..!!.. Long time no talk (well seems like it). I am praying for your intention. How are you? You are going just for a visit right? Are you gonna be down there when Nik is there? You can keep an eye on her for me.!.. TEE HEE. No but seriously....get in touch if you are going to the IRL conference k? Tootles gals.

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='Feb 12 2006, 01:26 PM']I've also got to hijack this thread to sing the praises of the Sister Servants!

They are the nicest, sweetest, most compassionate, understanding, easy to talk to Sisters in the whole widest world!  ( I had a phone conversation with Sr. Louise Marie last night which made me very very very happy. Can you tell, lol?)

Nicole, you are going to have tons of holy fun!  Thank you Lord Jesus for the Sister Servants!
[right][snapback]884775[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes she will! I pray this is where my lil sis belongs.!..But that is up to our Lord.!!

[quote name='Lilllabettt' date='Feb 12 2006, 01:26 PM']I've also got to hijack this thread to sing the praises of the Sister Servants!

They are the nicest, sweetest, most compassionate, understanding, easy to talk to Sisters in the whole widest world!  ( I had a phone conversation with Sr. Louise Marie last night which made me very very very happy. Can you tell, lol?)

Nicole, you are going to have tons of holy fun!  Thank you Lord Jesus for the Sister Servants!
[right][snapback]884775[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

again, just for jen and since this icon is just for her..... :hijack: :hijack: !!!!! LOL!!! No seriously i know what you mean on how they are the bestest sisters ever...there arent too many of them out there. I love taking to sr. louise marie on the phone so much...its like we connect instintly. I already know i al going to have tons of "holy" fun, heck i'll be on retreat and living with them at the same time...how awesome!!!! I cant wait!!!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:53 PM']Hey Jgirl..!!..  Long time no talk (well seems like it).  I am praying for your intention.  How are you?  You are going just for a visit right?  Are you gonna be down there when Nik is there?  You can keep an eye on her for me.!.. TEE HEE.  No but seriously....get in touch if you are going to the IRL conference k?  Tootles gals.
[right][snapback]885311[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

L~~~~No jen isnt going down the same time as me, she going down this month. heck i wish she was going the same time as i...i would kinda know someone other than the Sisters.....but if she was there the same time as i....i'm sure she would keep an eye on me....ha!!!!

When I visited the PCPA in Irondale, before they moved to Hanceville, quite a while ago, I also visited the Sister Servants. You are right. Mother Gabriel was a Nashville Dominican. She is also the sister of Mother Assumpta (who not only founded the Daughters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist, but also helped Cardinal O'Connor found the Sisters of Life, a community I was postulant in in 1994). And of course Mother Assumpta was a Nashville Dominican (and a prior Mother Superior at that!). I'd actually heard that one of the reasons she'd left Nashville and helped His Eminence, was because she needed a breather from being superior. I'm not sure if she ever meant to leave permanently, but our Lord obviously had some amazing plans for her!

Anyway, when Mother Gabriel originally was working with Mother Angelica to found the SSEW, they were going to be an active branch, directly associated with the PCPA in ALand with EWTN (one reason for the name of their community). (And of course, since they were originally associated with the PCPA as well as Mother Gabriel having come from an OP community. . .well, hence both the Dominican and Franciscan influence and 'combination' of the habit.)

At first, the sisters were not that many in number, and decided to be the externs for the PCPA. But when they entered the monastery, they realized that wasn't their calling so they left the monastery and took over one of the guest houses behind the OLAM- Irondale (which was how I met them because that was where I stayed when I visited OLAM.)

Later, they received their own property, when they discerned that they no longer wanted to be a hands-on help for EWTN and the OLAM PCPA, but felt more called to do other things. . .Now, you see that they do retreat work, etc. so that must have been what they discerned. Although I'd heard that there was more of a 'difference of opinion'. . .in what I don't know and I'm not one to speculate. . .but that could be why they are no longer involved as well.

hope I helped some.

Yours in Christ,

Denise

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 12 2006, 09:54 PM']Yes she will!  I pray this is where my lil sis belongs.!..But that is up to our Lord.!!
[right][snapback]885314[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm so ubber dooper...excited. i catn wait ne more!!!! To tell you the truth, i kinda hope so too....that this is where i might belong.....I have never went to see a community just a month after talking to them, let alone decided that day after tlaking to them for the first time that i was going to visit. Is it a sign??? idk....its in God's hands...not mine!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 08:32 PM']I'm so ubber dooper...excited. i catn wait ne more!!!! To tell you the truth, i kinda hope so too....that this is where i might belong.....I have never went to see a community just a month after talking to them, let alone decided that day after tlaking to them for the first time that i was going to visit. Is it a sign??? idk....its in God's hands...not mine!!!
[right][snapback]885360[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sixtina! I wrote the PCPA once, received a call to come visit them and was on a plane in two weeks! So, I was just as bad. I actually made the trip, all the while thinking 'oh I'll just check it out, I can't be called here.' LOL God is the ultimate comedian.

Good luck. All my prayers are with you!

Denise

thanks denise...that was very interesting ansd kinda sums up everything that Sr. louis Marie said on the phone that i didnt quite get. Its very amazing how all 3 of the communties are somehow related....the SSME, SSEW, Sisters of Life...and of course the core of it seems to be the Nashville Dominicans...and then for the SSEW the PCPA's!!!! thank God for these communities!!!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:35 PM']Sixtina! I wrote the PCPA once, received a call  to come visit them and was on a plane in two weeks!  So, I was just as bad.  I actually made the trip, all the while thinking 'oh I'll just check it out, I can't be called here.'  LOL  God is the ultimate comedian.

Good luck.  All my prayers are with you!

Denise
[right][snapback]885367[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow, thats faster than me....but now i know i am not the only one that is "blind" or "dumb" to do this.....but i'm trusting my own guts...and of course God!!!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 08:39 PM']Wow, thats faster than me....but now i know i am not the only one that is "blind" or "dumb" to do this.....but i'm trusting my own guts...and of course God!!!
[right][snapback]885375[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What was so funny, was that I was on the phone with Sr Imelda WHILE she was inviting me to visit, AND I was on the laptop making my plane reservation! LOL I got off the phone/computer and just sat there and went. .. :o and then :shock:

:lol_roll: I couldn't believe I did all that on the spur of the moment! I said, "Lord, WHAT in the world did I just do??" I think He just guided me to get the ball rolling before I had too much time to analyze. As Mother Delores Marie said to me during a difficult period last month when everything was going wrong (as I was trying to tie up personal things here before I leave to enter Ohio) "Denise, you're a thinker and sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad" meaning I tend to over analyze at times.

Yes, trust in Him. . .and everything else will fall in place.. .of course we have to act, not just sit there, but you know what I mean. ;)

God bless you on your visit.

Denise

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:48 PM']What was so funny, was that I was on the phone with Sr Imelda WHILE she was inviting me to visit, AND I was on the laptop making my plane reservation!  LOL  I got off the phone/computer and just sat there and went. .. :o  and then  :shock: 

:lol_roll:  I couldn't believe I did all that on the spur of the moment!  I said, "Lord, WHAT in the world did I just do??"  I think He just guided me to get the ball rolling before I had too much time to analyze.  As Mother Delores Marie said to me during a difficult period last month when everything was going wrong (as I was trying to tie up personal things here before I leave to enter Ohio) "Denise, you're a thinker and sometimes that's good and sometimes that's bad"  meaning I tend to over analyze at times. 

Yes, trust in Him. . .and everything else will fall in place.. .of course we have to act, not just sit there, but you know what I mean.  ;)

God bless you on your visit.

Denise
[right][snapback]885385[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Right, the fact that you were still on the phone when you booked your flight.....what Sr. imelda??? Sry cant think at the moment!!! Thats similar to what i said after i booked my flight..."Lord i hope this is what you wanted me to do!!!" i went against my parents and booked the flight anyways....in other words i broke out of my shell from childhood to adulthood!!!! wow!!! :shock: LOL, i think its a great decision!!!

How I came to visit was that when I was seriously discerning the Martyrs, I got an email from United saying they were having a fare sale. For some reason, something told me to look up how much a plane ticket to Birmingham cost. At first I was thinking, "Why Birmingham? Wouldn't you rather go to New York or Toronto?" Then I remembered that my friend Alyssa had told me about the Sister Servants and that Sister Louise Marie had called me about 4 or 5 months earlier when I was driving to Wal-Mart (because I had filled out the info request on their website the day it went up). Her first words after introducing herself were something like, "So you live in a town called Normal. That's a riot, Jenny!" I kind of filed them away until the airfare sale. I tried calling them again, but I couldn't connect, and there was one day left, so I bought the tickets for a retreat weekend and hoped that there would be enough room (although when I asked to come on the retreat, I didn't say that I had already bought the tickets). So Nicole, I wasn't even invited to come visit. As you can probably tell from things I posted and things I probably won't, my first visit was best described as a comedy of errors, but I learned from them. They let me come back, and then they let me apply. If God is truly calling you to Birmingham, He will give you the grace for everything to fall into place. I wish I could come down that weekend, too, but I have lots of stuff on the weekends in March. Plus I have to build up some more vacation days because after Friday and Monday and the March for Life, they're pretty much all gone.

Edited by jgirl

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 12 2006, 08:52 PM']Right, the fact that you were still on the phone when you booked your flight.....what Sr. imelda??? Sry cant think at the moment!!! Thats similar to what i said after i booked my flight..."Lord i hope this is what you wanted me to do!!!" i went against my parents and booked the flight anyways....in other words i broke out of my shell from childhood to adulthood!!!! wow!!! :shock:  LOL, i think its a great decision!!!
[right][snapback]885390[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It's the Holy Spirit. Hopefully, when you see the community, your heart will :drool: and it will be :love:

Then, you will just know. And then you will come back here, let US know and we will rejoice with you!

(thinking they need a smiley that sings 'hallelujah")

Yours in Christ,

Denise

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 12 2006, 10:55 PM']It's the Holy Spirit.  Hopefully, when you see the community, your heart will  :drool:  and it will be :love: 

Then, you will just know.  And then you will come back here, let US know and we will rejoice with you!

(thinking they need a smiley that sings 'hallelujah")

Yours in Christ,

Denise
[right][snapback]885394[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I can almost see my heart melt and my face with awe....i'm sure i'll be in love by the end of the week. yes i do agree that they need a smiley like that and also a nun too!!!! i wonder how the hallelujah one would look like??? :unsure: