An Old School Catholic Message Board

Wish list for religious

Marieteresa

hey I wanted to bring this up that alot of religious are supported by generous individiuals. I was surfing around on a couple of the PCPA's website and noticed that they are really in need of alot of items. So I wanted to say if anyone knows anyone who could contribute stuff that would be great!

In JMJ

From [url="http://www.stjosephmonastery.com"]Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, Portsmouth, Ohio[/url]
† Benefactors - to help with the building of our New Monastery
† Beautiful Vestments, Dalmatics, Black or red Cassocks
† Old Fashion Chalices, Ciboriums & Lunette
† Computer & Printer

†Encyclopedia - just the ordinary one

†Religious Books

Any religious books would be most welcomed. Here are a few that we have been trying to find:

1) "Catena Aurea"

by St. Thomas Aquinas

2) " The Biographical Memoirs of St. John Bosco"

Published by - Salesiana Publishers, INC - This is about a 20 volume set

3) " The Book of Special Graces"

Writings of St. Gertrude the Great about Sts. Gertrude & Mechtilde

† Household cleaning supplies

laundry detergent, comet, dish detergent, garbage bags, etc.

† Vocation Brochures

Do you know of anyone who could help us pay for these?

†Relics & Reliquaries
† Phone Cards
Any gift cards would be great!

Edited by Marieteresa

Heyyyyy ! ! ! I am bringing my Life of St Gertrude with me! She is an awesome saint! But it sounds like there are many more books that I'd love to read ~looking very hungry~ I'm a bibliophile and would read all day if I could! :-D

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 9 2006, 04:59 PM']Heyyyyy ! ! !  I am bringing my Life of St Gertrude with me!  She is an awesome saint!  But it sounds like there are many more books that I'd love to read ~looking very hungry~  I'm a bibliophile and would read all day if I could!  :-D
[right][snapback]882102[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Denise, you're donating yourself! I wonder if that's a tax deduction. Hmmmm

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 9 2006, 04:08 PM']Denise, you're donating yourself!  I wonder if that's a tax deduction.  Hmmmm
[right][snapback]882201[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Perhaps it will be a BIG tax deduction so we can build our monastery!

LOL you two!!!! But i dont think giving your self is that huge of a tax decution. if wonder if ppl from phatmas could do something like a donation box for lent and after lent send it to the sisters. since during lent we have to sacrafice thingsor do something worth wild...this could be one thing that would help us in lent.

Well God bless you! That sounds like a wonderful idea!

I was just kidding about the tax deduction. ;)

I was asked in a PM if I was going to have a 'countdown' for my entrance, but to be honest, I've never done that before so I haven't a clue what to do or whether that would be appropriate.

I would be interested in donating phone cards, however my interente browser won't allow me to open that webpage.

Yours in Christ,

Ed

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 9 2006, 07:56 PM']Well God bless you!  That sounds like a wonderful idea! 

I was just kidding about the tax deduction.  ;)

I was asked in a PM if I was going to have a 'countdown'  for my entrance, but to be honest, I've never done that before so I haven't a clue what to do or whether that would be appropriate.
[right][snapback]882315[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

See i'm not as dumb founded as i may seem!!! LOL!!! I honestly do come up with great ideas but.....most of my ideas dont happen. So as ammusing as the tax deduction was...who knows if you are called there....wait...r u entering??? just wandering?? what do you consider to be appropriate on a countdown phorum??? jw

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Feb 9 2006, 08:26 PM']See i'm not as dumb founded as i may seem!!! LOL!!! I honestly do come up with great ideas but.....most of my ideas dont happen. So as ammusing as the tax deduction was...who knows if you are called there....wait...r u entering??? just wandering?? what do you consider to be appropriate on a countdown phorum??? jw
[right][snapback]882527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sixtina,

Check out the PCPA thread for my mini vocation story. LOL Yes, I'm entering April 23. I've not really seen a countdown thread so I wasn't sure what that was! And as to appropriateness, I just meant that because I'm so new here. :)

God bless you,

Denise

[quote name='Marieteresa' date='Feb 9 2006, 09:25 PM']Oh yeah i forgot one can only use Internet Explorer to open their page!

In JMJ
[right][snapback]882589[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No, I use Safari for Mac, and I can see it fine, although in the last couple of days, sometimes it won't let me see a page or two on there. Not sure why others would be having problems though. Ed, you can't get into www.stjosephmonastery.com at all?

Here's some information for you:

If you would like to help support the
Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration,
please send donations to us at:

Saint Joseph Adoration Monastery
2311 Stockham Lane
Portsmouth, OH 45662-3049

or

Email us:  nuns@stjosephmonastery.com

God reward you for your generosity!

Denise

I just received an email from Sr Imelda Marie. She said they are excited to learn I will be bringing one of the St Gertrude books with me. If any of you happen to see any of those books at a used bookstore, etc. Please let me know! I would even be willing to reimburse your purchase if you cannot afford it (depending on the price, of course!)

She was also really grateful for this site, and that I have been able to promote them, as they don't have their site very high up on the google site. So, for those who are able to promote the site, monastery... in any way, please know that God will reward you!

Yours in Christ,

Denise