An Old School Catholic Message Board

Weird question

Laurentina1975

Laurentina1975

[quote name='TeresaAvila' date='Feb 16 2006, 11:15 PM']Oh your cats are adorable!! I have one :kitten: and she's gonna be one thing that is SO hard to give up when I join the convent (hey we need a nun smilie)
[right][snapback]890090[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

One of the pre-requesites is that the convent I enter allow me to bring him. My chances are higher with the Franciscans.
LOL
:lol_roll:

OH that's awesome, Yes Franciscans Love their animals, well I'm discerning a cloistered life, so I must give up my cat too, but the communities I'm seriously discerning with have dogs, and I'll settle for that!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Feb 17 2006, 09:20 AM']One of the pre-requesites is that the convent I enter allow me to bring him. My chances are higher with the Franciscans.
LOL
:lol_roll:
[right][snapback]890309[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Feb 17 2006, 08:50 PM']Have you found any religious communities that will allow you to bring your kitty?
:kitten:
[right][snapback]890825[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

So much for detachment lol.

she_who_is_not

I love the kitty smily. I tried to steal my friends neighborhood kitty who looked like: :kitten:. I named her marmalade, but Alexis would not let me take her home with me. Apparently she already had a family. When I move :cowboy: :tumbleweed: this summer I will have to find a home for my two :kitten: :kitten:
Madeline Louise and Bronislava Nijinska. One is tiny and one is fat. One is orange and white and black patches and one is gray with a white collar. :kitten: :kitten: :kitten: :

[quote name='OLAM Dad' date='Feb 17 2006, 01:13 PM']Mother told Sr. Lauren that she could take care of the donkey.  She also said that she should find the donkey a 'friend'.  :)
[right][snapback]890679[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I wonder what it is like for Sr. Lauren to know Mother Angelica like that? :) Do you know how she is?

Laurentina1975

Um I haven't found any that are serious about me bringing him along...but how could they say no? He is soooo cute and even has his own pillow in my prayer space. He was sleeping when I took this. How could anyone say no to that face? I mean seriously?
[img]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/laurentina1975/Winniesleeping.jpg[/img]

Edited by Laurentina1975

[quote name='zunshynn' date='Feb 17 2006, 08:33 PM']I wonder what it is like for Sr. Lauren to know Mother Angelica like that? :) Do you know how she is?
[right][snapback]890865[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I meant Mother Vicar, Sister Catherine, in this instance. Mother Angelica is doing well. I don't believe she is in pain and she is being cared for but a lot of people who really love her. She doesn't talk much any more. Sr. Lauren has spent some quality time with her and she cherishes the moments.