An Old School Catholic Message Board

(name here) is a liar and a cheat

Sojourner

[url="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/16/fashion/thursdaystyles/16WEB.html?ex=1140843600&en=e700a5addebf77ab&ei=5070&emc=eta1"]From the New York Times[/url]

[quote]Manny from Miami is not quite the sensitive single man he says he is. He is married with a kid, no less, and "he sleeps with women everywhere," according to his anonymous former girlfriend in a posting on DontDateHimGirl.com.[/quote]
[quote]Unearthing a potential mate's cheating, thieving, maybe even psychotic ways during the early stages of courtship has always been tricky business. But it is particularly difficult today, when millions are searching for dates online and finding it far easier to lie to a computer than to someone's face.

But the Internet is now offering up an antidote. Web sites like DontDateHimGirl.com, ManHaters.com and TrueDater.com are dedicated to outing bad apples or just identifying people who may not be rotten but whose dating profiles are rife with fiction.

Framed in pink, the DontDateHimGirl.com site allows a woman to post the name and photograph of a man she says has wronged her, along with a short but often pungent synopsis of how precisely she was aggrieved. The suspicious or merely curious can hunt for a cheater by typing a name into the search engine. Women can also send e-mail messages through the site if they want to ask more pointed questions about a particular cad. In a slight nod to fairness, men who disagree with the characterization can write a rebuttal to be posted alongside their names.[/quote]

[quote name='crazymaine catholic' date='Feb 17 2006, 02:05 PM']whatever happened to trust being a part of a relationship?
[right][snapback]890611[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well obviously it [i]should[/i] be, but that doesn't make everyone in a relationship automatically trustworthy!

Unfortunately, there are plenty of cheats and liars out there, and some people are good at it. And it can be hard to know the truth about someone if you've only talked to them online and on the phone.

There are many dishonest people of both sexes.
When first dating someone it can be hard to actually know what you are getting into.
I once dated a girl for over 3 months, before learning that she was a psychotic pathological liar. Apparently she routinely lied to everyone, including her own family, to manipulate them. While lies eventually fall apart and can be uncovered, pathological liars often seem very sincere and convincing.

I'm not sure what the "debate" is supposed to be here, but thought I'd add two things.
1) Women are just as likely (or more) to lie than men. However, I'm not sure how a similar site for men would fly.

2) While such sites may in some cases be helpful, it seems to me that they can just as easily be used by women wishing to slander men they don't like. I think women are more prone to use slander as a means of "retaliation" against someone they dislike for whatever reason.

[QUOTE][i]1) Women are just as likely (or more) to lie than men. However, I'm not sure how a similar site for men would fly.

2) While such sites may in some cases be helpful, it seems to me that they can just as easily be used by women wishing to slander men they don't like. I think women are more prone to use slander as a means of "retaliation" against someone they dislike for whatever reason.
[right][snapback]890822[/snapback][/right][/i][/QUOTE]
[/quote]

Makes me glad I am preparing for the priesthood. I can always trust God and Holy Mother Church. :breakdance:

Edited by 3n1

I agree with Socrates. So much is made about how untrustworthy men are but ppl forget that women can also be untrustworthy. Also, some women bent on revenge could use this website as payback