An Old School Catholic Message Board

Denise (PCPA2BE)'s Entrance Countdown

brendan1104

brendan1104

[img]http://www.rc.net/columbus/stjosephmonastery/images/MonstranceWeb.jpg[/img]

Saint Joseph Adoration Monastery's Monstrance

Prayers and congratulations for/to (future Sister) Denise as she prepares to enter the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in Portsmouth Ohio on Divine Mercy Sunday, April 23.

I'd like to offer 1 Mass, 1 Communion, 3 Rosaries, and 100 other prayers for Denise's vocation. :D: Any others?

Now that I've talked about the prayer aspect, I'd just like to say [b] THANK YOU [/b] to responding to God's call and congratulations...

Edited by brendan1104

Yes, congratulations! And prayers. :pray:

But . . . I thought an essential feature to a countdown was, er, a countdown. :scratchhead: You know, "5, 4, 3, 2, 1!" For instance, there are 131 days, 1 hours, 23 minutes, and 40 seconds left until July 16th according to the countdown script on my webpage (or were when I copied it just now).

I'd post one here, but of course you can't post java script. :)

So it's 131 days until I could be entering! Whoa! :o

So that means it's way less for you, Denise! Mucho prayerso (I speak French, not Spanish)!

Edited by jgirl

Rats! I don't have that many fingers and toes! LOL Since I won't be here the day I enter, I'll do a countdown until the day I leave, which is the day before, I suppose.

I enter April 23, I leave April 22. So that is. . . .

47 DAYS!

Edited by PCPA2Be

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 6 2006, 07:51 PM']So it's 130 days until I could be entering! Whoa! :o

So that means it's way less for you, Denise! Mucho prayerso (I speak French, not Spanish)!
[right][snapback]904792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL Je parle francais un petit peu. . .

Parlez francais, s'il vous plait! (Beaucoup des pries?)

photosynthesis

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 6 2006, 09:55 PM']Rats!  I don't have that many fingers and toes!  LOL  Since I won't be here the day I enter, I'll do a countdown until the day I leave, which is the day before, I suppose.

I enter April 23, I leave April 22.  So that is. . . .
47 DAYS!
[right][snapback]904801[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i'll do a rosary novena for you

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Mar 6 2006, 08:52 PM']i'll do a rosary novena for you
[right][snapback]904863[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh my goodness, you guys. You're all going to make me cry!

This past weekend has been really difficult for me. I've been packing a lot more clothing, kitchen things, things I won't need over the next month and a half. Unfortunately, my family hasn't been all that supportive of me, neither temporally nor spiritually.

I have a decent sized house. None of my family has offered to come over and help me pack things up or help me lug it to charity. The big things St Vincent's is coming to take away for me, but, I don't know, sometimes it's been a little overwhelming. I just wish they were here to say, 'hey, would you like help in packing things up? Can I help you cart that stuff to charity? Is there anything else you need?' or even 'I said a prayer for you today'.

Im sorry for whining. . . I just wanted you all to know that I am in awe of you all, with your generosity. God bless you. And you are all eternally in my prayers.

Yours in Christ,

Denise

[quote name='jgirl' date='Mar 6 2006, 08:51 PM']So it's 131 days until I could be entering! Whoa! :o

[right][snapback]904792[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL, jgrl!!!1 i cant speak french but i can read it ....if that makes any sence at all!?!?!?!?!

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Mar 6 2006, 08:58 PM']LOL Je parle francais un petit peu. . .

Parlez francais, s'il vous plait!  (Beaucoup des pries?)
[right][snapback]904808[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

well............i can make out some of the words but not all!!!!

Laurentina1975

Denise,

I will say the Divine Mercy Chaplet now until your entrance.

:saint:

Afterall, if I ever become a religious and have the honor of chosing a name (or three), it would be St. Faustina's.

Divine Mercy Sunday is a very special day of prayer for me. I am so excited for you.

Lauren,

Thank you. Jesus loves you and so do I! Your own vocation, of course, has my prayers as well. We'll see you a nun yet! ;)

So, what am I down to yet? 46 days!? Wow. Thats not a very large number. I feel like I won't have everything done, cancelled, gotten rid of, etc., by the time I go!