An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Want To Be Catholic!

Paladin D

You'll be in my prayers.  Iron Monk and I live in Florida.  He's in Sarasota and I'm near Tampa.  We can get you the hook-up for a good parish and great RCIA near you by talking to our priests.  Anything books or stuff you want to start learning?

I would love to purchase as much Catholic books as I can. Whenever I'm at a Barnes & Noble, I look under the Religion/Christian section and specifically seek out Catholic related books. B)

But there are some subjects in particular that I'm interested in reading up on...

1) The Crusades (I've read a very long reading on NewAdvent.org, but I would like a book of it though)

2) History of the Councils

3) History of the Church during the medieval age

4) End-time related books. Such as the one on Catholic.com "Will Catholics be left behind?"

5) A good Catechism

...thats all I can think of.

and read pillar of somthing somthing off catholic.com..... many prottys will try to convince you catholics are this and that, but be prepared... this book will help you!

littleflower+JMJ

and read pillar of somthing somthing off catholic.com..... many prottys will try to convince you catholics are this and that, but be prepared... this book will help you!

lol_grin.gif you mean, Pillar of Fire, Pillar of Truth right Adam?

its a real spiffy book, its short, sweet and has all the info on the foundation of the Catholic CHurch...i too recommend it...its a good starting place ......a sure keeper...

God BLEss!

+JMJ

i'll be praying for ya paladin. i think thats is soo cool how you are already ahead of the game....your on your way to becoming a very cool catholic.....