An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mainers Report Here!

goldbug16

JudgedByGod

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:48 PM']i bet maineiacs are whiney during texas summers. :mellow: babies.
[right][snapback]921413[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Don't you have a really dry climate? Nah, we wouldn't complain. It's the humidity that we whine about. :P:

prodigalson

Also from Maine...well I wouldnt be considered a native because I was born in South Carolina and lived there for a little while but most of my life I have been in this great state and While it can get kind of boring and cold- for the most part this place rocks! Lakes, mountains, ocean, everything to do here its just a matter of making it fun!
Yeah this winter kind of stunk big time but hey hopefully the Ice will go out early and we can get back to swimming kayaking and....Maine the way life should be.

i have a love-hate relationship with Maine.
i LOOOOOVE the summers, haaaaaaate the winters.
Though this winter was nice!! We only had two big storms and they both melted within a day or two!! (woohoo!!) I recall running in just shorts and a tee-shirt in january then again in February!!

as for those texas summers, i might love them!! i absolutely live for the days in Maine where it's 90, hot, sticky, and humid!! those are my FAVORITE. :D:

Does anyone else remember that random day over April Vacation last year where it was 80 or 85!?

Edited by stuckinamo

[quote name='crazymaine catholic' date='Mar 24 2006, 11:55 PM']humidity...and the black flies. and our state bird, the mosquito. :P:
[right][snapback]921423[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Anyone think it's a little messed up that the Maine State insect is the honey bee. While I learned that I was outside in the process of getting bitten by 2 and a half million blackflies.... Never yet been stung by a honey bee. :detective:

heyyoimjohnny

I'm from Maine. Nothwestun foothills. And the weathah has bin re-diculous (almost as re-diculous as the fact that we've gawt a thread about wonduhful Maine, and all weah talkin' about is weathuh! although, the Chuch is pretty weak up heah... thats a downah). My fathah goes, "if this is global wahming, I'll take it!"

heyyoimjohnny

[quote name='stuckinamo' date='Mar 25 2006, 07:30 AM']as for those texas summers, i might love them!!  i absolutely live for the days in Maine where it's 90, hot, sticky, and humid!!  those are my FAVORITE. :D:[right][snapback]921587[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

lol. gross. those just serve to make me smelley and lazy and beg for showers. (I'm talking showers cuz it always makes me laugh when you talk about them.)

[quote name='heyyoimjohnny' date='Mar 25 2006, 10:27 AM']I'm from Maine. Nothwestun foothills. And the weathah has bin re-diculous (almost as re-diculous as the fact that we've gawt a thread about wonduhful Maine, and all weah talkin' about is weathuh! although, the Chuch is pretty weak up heah... thats a downah). My fathah goes, "if this is global wahming, I'll take it!"
[right][snapback]921616[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
northwestern foothills= hiking country!

prodigalson

Its true that the church has been weak up here for a while but its coming back in a big way. Especially in the Waterville/ central Maine Area. Fr. Paul Dumais is kicking our parish into High spiritual gear and taking no prisoners! Fr. Paul Labree is doing the same thing in the valley. Fr. Kevin Martin and Fr. Frank Murray and Fr. Dan Grenleaf and the Awesome Franciscans that come once a year for Journey Retreats are doing the same in the south. The Seminarians who are about to be ordained are also hungry for some evangelization and getting their hands dirty- top notch guys who know what it means to be CATHOLIC. Its time for young maine Catholics to stop griping and start acting- Renew the church...Renew Maine! Get some adoration going in your parish, work in the soup kitchen-EXPLORE YOUR OWN VOCATION!! Remember it is our duty to offer our lives to God firstly! We have adoration everyday in Waterville with the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament- I have been starting some ground work for even getting an hour of "Youth" adoration- perhaps a little music or something to bring community among our Young catholics! (P.S. Anyone in the waterville area give me a hint if this interests you because if it works out I dont want it to fall flat on its face!) The Church is in need of good holy people Men AND Women, it may seem like the church is sick and meager but WE are the Remedy!
"MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH NEEDS SAINTS....MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH LOOKS TO YOU WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE" JP II THE GREAT!

[quote name='prodigalson' date='Mar 25 2006, 10:56 AM']Its true that the church has been weak up here for a while but its coming back in a big way. Especially in the Waterville/ central Maine Area. Fr. Paul Dumais is kicking our parish into High spiritual gear and taking no prisoners! Fr. Paul Labree is doing the same thing in the valley. Fr. Kevin Martin and Fr. Frank Murray and Fr. Dan Grenleaf and the Awesome Franciscans that come once a year for Journey Retreats are doing the same in the south.  The Seminarians who are about to be ordained are also hungry for some evangelization and getting their hands dirty- top notch guys who know what it means to be CATHOLIC. Its time for young maine Catholics to stop griping and start acting- Renew the church...Renew Maine! Get some adoration going in your parish, work in the soup kitchen-EXPLORE YOUR OWN VOCATION!! Remember it is our duty to offer our lives to God firstly! We have adoration everyday in Waterville with the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament- I have been starting some ground work for even getting an hour of "Youth" adoration- perhaps a little music or something to bring community among our Young catholics! (P.S. Anyone in the waterville area give me a hint if this interests you because if it works out I dont want it to fall flat on its face!) The Church is in need of good holy people Men AND Women, it may seem like the church is sick and meager but WE are the Remedy!
  "MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH NEEDS SAINTS....MY DEAR YOUNG PEOPLE THE CHURCH LOOKS TO YOU WITH GREAT CONFIDENCE" JP II THE GREAT!
[right][snapback]921639[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]I agree! And you're in our Parish!?!?!? Who are ya? :topsy: