An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling the Carmelites

be_thou_my_vision

be_thou_my_vision

Hi Everyone! I am calling the Carmelite Nuns in Terre Haute today as soon as I get done with classes (at about 1). I think we are scheduling a visit.... ahhh! I am so nervous! I have thought about these sisters for 3 years, and I have never visited, but I think this summer is my chance! The website is [url="http://www.heartsawake.com"]Carmel of Terre Haute[/url].
Thanks!

I wil keep you in my prayers. They look like they don't have the strict cloister (grille in parlor and chapel). . .are they still cloistered nuns? They make lovely cards, don't they? I won't know if you visit, because I will already have entered but will keep you in my prayers!

God bless you,

For all those interested in Bl. Elizabeth of the Trinity, I highly recommend checking out what the nuns have up.... click on "Monastery" and then "What is new".

be_thou_my_vision

Yes, they are cloistered, but they do not have a grill. I think they are more lenient when it comes to the cloister, but I don't know. I am going to call them in about 10 minutes!!! ahhh!!

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Mar 30 2006, 11:42 AM']Yes, they are cloistered, but they do not have a grill. I think they are more lenient when it comes to the cloister, but I don't know. I am going to call them in about 10 minutes!!! ahhh!!
[right][snapback]928398[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:woot:

be_thou_my_vision

Oooookay I just called and she asked if I could call back at about 3 o'clock.... more waiting, but that's okay. Just a little nervous!

be_thou_my_vision

Lord Jesus,
My two loves are consuming me. If I were to pick one, I would lose half of myself forever.

be_thou_my_vision

She said call back at 3.

I love my boyfriend, but I have an tugging at my heart to be in Carmel.
I love both so much.

be_thou_my_vision

Wooo! I did it! I talked to Sister Mary Helen, and it couldn't have gone better. I feel so at peace. Everything will be fine.
They are getting 2 postulants this year, and one is making first vows.
Their constitutions have changed, so they don't have a really strict cloister, to answer your question.

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' date='Mar 30 2006, 02:59 PM']Wooo! I did it! I talked to Sister Mary Helen, and it couldn't have gone better. I feel so at peace. Everything will be fine.
They are getting 2 postulants this year, and one is making first vows.
Their constitutions have changed, so they don't have a really strict cloister, to answer your question.
[right][snapback]928599[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:clap: You will, of course, have to keep us posted on how things progress and develop (ie, if you go visit soon, etc).

But all the while, please be assured of a storm of prayers from all of us here on the boards! ;)

be_thou_my_vision

Ohhh good I need prayers. I will probably visit this summer, I'm thinking in May before work gets too busy. I will definitely keep you all posted.