An Old School Catholic Message Board

Calling the Carmelites

be_thou_my_vision

[quote name='be_thou_my_vision' post='1056315' date='Sep 3 2006, 09:44 PM']
Hi everyone,
I got back from another day visit with the Carmelites.
The dear Lord has shown me this summer that I am called to try religious life. If I rebelled and got married without trying, I would not be fulfilled. I would always wonder about the religious life, and therefore not be able to fully be a wife and mother.
I don't know where or when I am called to go. The idea of Carmel is not so scary. So that's good, but I need to find out if I am called to the active or contemplative life.
There is something undying and rich about Carmel, but I love the SMME spirit and vitality. So it's up to God now, please pray for me friends.
Jenny
[/quote]
I remember this thread! It seems like ages ago since you first visited, but really it was only a few months.

Blessings for you as you gain a clearer understanding of God's will for your life. May you continue to be abundantly blessed! :)

• 1 month later...
be_thou_my_vision

Yes I did, but I believe I am called to the active/contemplative life. I think the Carmelite nun that I talked to is a fantastic spiritual director, and I may go back just for the spiritual direction... :)