An Old School Catholic Message Board

Work promotion (vocational) ;)

Laurentina1975

philothea0806

I admit it a bit hard to comment, but know you have my prayers. I guess one question is "What is the difference between what you are doing in your current job vs. what you would be doing in your new job?" Also, besides your "mean" boss do you get along with everyone else you work with? Do you know any of the people you would be working with at the new job?
I agree that it isn't all about money but what good is an extra week of vacation if you can't afford to go anywhere or in your case afford to visit a community. I don't know what you make now or what your finanical situation is (and I am not asking, that is more personal stuff.)
I do understand the situtation a little. I am applying for a job where I work right now as a temp. If I get the job (which there is a very good chance) it would be a big pay cut and itstead of taking time off when I want (granted I don't get paid) I would have to accrue time. The two advantages are 1) stability (I don't have any guarentee that they will keep me, plus the new job includes part of my current job as a temp) and 2) really good medical benefits. Since I haven't seen a doctor in about 4 years (due to finacial and other circumstances) it looks like a very good deal. I am looking elsewhere but everything else would require relocation at this point.
So we will keep each other in prayer, okay?
Blessings on your decision and may the Holy Spirit guide you!

Lauren, Let us know what you decide. Regardless, if you take the new job or get promoted to a new postition, you'll at least be out from under the rude boss you've been having issues with.

You're in my prayers, of course.

Laurentina1975

You know what.

I am going to take the leap of faith and go to this new place.

I have to do it.

I slept on it and talked to my two best friends, plus a friend who resigned two weeks ago.

What happened was, the CFO resigned and gave two of his accountants an opportunity to come with him for better pay. One has a child, so I couldn't blame her for leaving, the other one, Wendy, and I talked last night and she reminded me of some stuff I chose to ignore (like the negative stuff, I am always too optimistic and positive). Some of the stuff she reminded me about really hit home.

Like the fact that over 7 Department Heads have resigned within the last 2 months and that the ENTIRE accounting staff left.

So, I have to think about this.

This new opportunity was brought forth from a collegue, a friend.
I interviewed, I shined, end of story. Now all of the sudden where I work now, I am worth 11 grand more a year and an extra week of vacay?

PFFFFTTTT

I feel like I am going through the first three stages of loss:

1. shock
2. fear
3. anger and blame

After all I put a lot into this place.....but I really think it's time to move on, for my own personal growth.

BTW, I still haven't told my boss, I have till 4:30 p.m. today, central standard time.

I am glad you made your decision, and you didn't let it drag over the weekend. When I have made decisisions such as this, I usually fly by the seat of my pants and go for it. I do not like to suffer for days and days! My prayers are with you.
When you wrote about the new job you sounded excited by it, that says alot. Good luck my friend

Laurentina1975

I just decided to stay.

Just got out of a huge meeting with HR and my Exectutive Director.
Also, my Director of Nursing was on my case all day begging me to stay.

So....I guess I am staying.

Laurentina1975

OK, so I decided for sure to stay, I am going to stop torturing myself.

The grass isn't greener on the other side all the time.

THANK YOU THANK YOU
FOR YOUR PRAYERS!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 3 2006, 09:26 AM']I changed my mind again, I am taking the new gig.
[right][snapback]933959[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shock: ................ :thumbsup:................... :idontknow:

Prayers!!!

TeresaAvila

Just want you to know I"m keeping you in my prayers and hope all works out for you in regards to this decision!!

God Bless You!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='TeresaAvila' date='Apr 3 2006, 04:58 PM']Just want you to know I"m keeping you in my prayers and hope all works out for you in regards to this decision!!

God Bless You!
[right][snapback]934480[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Thanks! This whole discernment over the new job has certainly been quite taxing. In the long run, I think it's the best option.

It's because of your prayers that I have found clarity.

Thanks again.