An Old School Catholic Message Board

"You're crazy!"

MC IMaGiNaZUN

MC IMaGiNaZUN
:shock:

Thats what she said. Well not exactly.

I am taking a class called Dynamic Religious Experience at a public university. The class examines Mysticism and the "Religious Experience." We study hermits, monks, nuns, etc. We are also required to read some of the writings of St. Augustine, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Julian of Norwich, and a few other Catholic Mystics. There is some stuff involving people of other faiths. But as a Catholic ;) , i gotta admit there seems to be a catholic :sign: bias, which i rather enjoy.

We were required to read the Fire of Love by Richard Rolle. The Professor asked our impression (I misread the syllibas, and didnt do that assignment). The first person to raise her voice said that he is crazy. He is like clinically crazy. Totally out of it. Because anybody who would want to totally give themself to God, and miss out on life is extreme and insane. Or something like that.

I laughed, because it applies to me. It applies to us!!!

We are all a bunch of freaks!!! (Here commences my artistic emoticon representation of the participants of the phatmass vocation station)...

:bounce: :clapping: :P: :woot: :paperbag: :twitch: :prop: :yahoo: :harhar:

SHALOM

FutureSoror

Freaks for God! woot woot! :yahoo:

I've heard it said that love does entail a certain amount of craziness...

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I am thinking of confronting her.

"So you think i am crazy. Well thats what you said... I am giving up everything for God to be a monk."

Really i don't think she has the courage to tell me to my face. I just want to see her react, but also to let her know that radical love for God is not some mythical fairy tail ideal.

SHALOM

Mark, I think it would be much more effective if, while you are confronting her, you are looking like :woot: or :bounce:

;)

I think that can apply to those who aren't giving themselves up to the religious life as well. Everyone should be out of their minds and reject the worldly influence and live for Him!

srmarymichael

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Apr 6 2006, 08:51 PM']:shock:

Thats what she said.  Well not exactly.

I am taking a class called Dynamic Religious Experience at a public university.  The class examines Mysticism and the "Religious Experience."  We study hermits, monks, nuns, etc.  We are also required to read some of the writings of St. Augustine, St. Teresa of Avila, St. John of the Cross, St. Julian of Norwich, and a few other Catholic Mystics.  There is some stuff involving people of other faiths.  But as a Catholic ;) , i gotta admit there seems to be a catholic :sign: bias, which i rather enjoy.

We were required to read the Fire of Love by Richard Rolle.  The Professor asked our impression (I misread the syllibas, and didnt do that assignment).  The first person to raise her voice said that he is crazy.  He is like clinically crazy.  Totally out of it.  Because anybody who would want to totally give themself to God, and miss out on life is extreme and insane.  Or something like that.

I laughed, because it applies to me.  It applies to us!!!

We are all a bunch of freaks!!! (Here commences my artistic emoticon representation of the participants of the phatmass vocation station)...

:bounce: :clapping: :P: :woot: :paperbag: :twitch: :prop: :yahoo: :harhar:

SHALOM
[right][snapback]938261[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

To the world, we ARE crazy. Isn't it great, that the power of God is SO ... powerful?! I love it. :wacko:

puellapaschalis

People have been telling me I'm a nutter for years. At least I'm a nutter for God!

brandelynmarie

Doesn't it say somewhere that the foolishness of God is wiser & greater than the foolishness of man? :saint:

I like that term nutter! :lol_roll:

Edited by brandelynmarie

douknostcecilia

This reminds me a lot of a conversation I had with my dear ol' Brother Agostino CFR.

I told him that lately I'd been feeling crazy in love with Jesus... like a young girl romanced and deep in love kind of love, and that the entire idea of being in love with Jesus the way I was seemed insane. And his reply was,

"Love makes people do crazy things. Taking vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience for your whole life. That's crazy!"

I loved it. It made so much sense.

LOVE MAKES PEOPLE DO "CRAZY" THINGS. :lol:

passionheart

[quote name='douknostcecilia' date='Apr 8 2006, 01:52 AM']This reminds me a lot of a conversation I had with my dear ol' Brother Agostino CFR.

I told him that lately I'd been feeling crazy in love with Jesus... like a young girl romanced and deep in love kind of love, and that the entire idea of being in love with Jesus the way I was seemed insane. And his reply was,

"Love makes people do crazy things. Taking vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience for your whole life. That's crazy!"

I loved it. It made so much sense.

LOVE MAKES PEOPLE DO "CRAZY" THINGS.  :lol:
[right][snapback]939820[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Let me hear AMEN this joyous truth :D:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

On a rather more serious note, i finished reading the selection in my text book and the work of Richard Rolle. Thank God he was not canonized. He actually is a crazy person.

But i am glad i can stimulate some of this fun.

Actually i was thinking of doing this :twitch:

SHALOM