An Old School Catholic Message Board

Grey's Anatomy: The Show

franciscanheart

Theologian in Training

Hmmm...I was a little disappointed with that ending. I am used to more of a cliff-hanger, but it almost seemed obvious. I don't know, they have definitely had much more powerful endings than that.

[size=1][color="330000"]I cant believe Denny died.
I liked him.
:rain:
[/color][/size]

[quote name='jiyoung' post='981906' date='May 15 2006, 08:44 PM']
I have to say, though, she really is a good actor. I totally believed that she was like...going crazy. But I can't believe that she'd even think about doing that!
[/quote]
Maybe they gave her drugs. I was totally convinced that she was on the train to looney town. Great acting throughout the entire episode on her part.

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='981941' date='May 15 2006, 09:03 PM']
Hmmm...I was a little disappointed with that ending. I am used to more of a cliff-hanger, but it almost seemed obvious. I don't know, they have definitely had much more powerful endings than that.
[/quote]
Last season was a cliff-hanger too. I knew they were going to kiss, but I didn't think they'd go quite that far. The killer part is that the "she-shepherd" (I love that name) [i]tooootally[/i] knows what's going on now. And, in the last scene, Finn knows too.

And I'm clearly biased, but McDreamy or McVet, I'd pick McVet every time!

[quote name='CrossCuT' post='981951' date='May 15 2006, 09:09 PM']
[size=1][color="330000"]I cant believe Denny died.
I liked him.
:rain:
[/color][/size]
[/quote]
I was expecting him to die, but not as peacefully as he appeared to. That part was kinda nice. Also, I cried when Doc died. My doggie is old, and I know one day we'll have to put him down, too.

I would also like to say the following things:

~ CHRISTINA!!! Get your act together. You like Burke; you need to be there for him. [i]Be there for him.[/i]
~ George, George, George. I'm glad you like Callie and all. And I'm sorry that you're sorry about Meredith. But really, you're in love with Izzie, and that's that.
~ Alex. Everytime I think you're cold and heartless, you surprise me. I'm glad the writers have made your character so complex.

I think I'm with Theo, I was a bit dissappointed. But ....

Izzie - awesome acting the entire finale. Good on her. Not sure what will happen with her, but awesome.
Meredith - she's kinda getting on my nerves lately - kinda whiney.
Alex - I'm with shortnun - I love his character.

But now I'm sad. No more new Grey's until fall!

franciscanheart

[quote name='shortnun' post='982047' date='May 15 2006, 11:21 PM']
Maybe they gave her drugs. I was totally convinced that she was on the train to looney town. Great acting throughout the entire episode on her part.
Last season was a cliff-hanger too. I knew they were going to kiss, but I didn't think they'd go quite that far. The killer part is that the "she-shepherd" (I love that name) [i]tooootally[/i] knows what's going on now. And, in the last scene, Finn knows too.

And I'm clearly biased, but McDreamy or McVet, I'd pick McVet every time!
I was expecting him to die, but not as peacefully as he appeared to. That part was kinda nice. Also, I cried when Doc died. My doggie is old, and I know one day we'll have to put him down, too.
I would also like to say the following things:

~ CHRISTINA!!! Get your act together. You like Burke; you need to be there for him. [i]Be there for him.[/i]
~ George, George, George. I'm glad you like Callie and all. And I'm sorry that you're sorry about Meredith. But really, you're in love with Izzie, and that's that.
~ Alex. Everytime I think you're cold and heartless, you surprise me. I'm glad the writers have made your character so complex.
[/quote]
I doubt they gave Izzie drugs. I was thinking to myself as I was watching (mostly though while I was fast-forwarding through commercials) that this cast is an amazing set of actors. They are all incredibly talented and totally believable!

I'm not disappointed by a non-cliff-hanger ending. If every ending was like that it would get old. It was a nice way to end the season I think. About Finn knowing... did yall see GMA this morning? They showed the 'secret scene' that the producers couldn't fit into the show last night. It was Finn and Mer at his house and he asks about McDreamy. I'm actually pretty glad that scene wasn't there because it really wasn't necessary. We got the point by the end of the show.

Izzie, poor thing, needs some serious time off. If she leaves permanently, I'm really going to miss her.
Alex didn't surprise me with his nice boy attitude. I was really hoping they wouldn't make him a jerk again.
Christina totally needs to get her act together. I think though she might have saved herself a little at the end.
Burke's recovery is iffy looking. It'd be weird to cut two leads at once though, right? Let's hope so.
Chief (it's what I call him) was real nice to Chris cause she totally would have spilled. I can feel his pain in his acting.
Bailey is great. I love how she goes from sympathetic to pissed in a minute flat and it's totally believable.
George definitely looks good in the new cut. I still like the curls but this side part is working too.
Callie gets on my nerves. A lot. I don't know what else to say about her. She was nice when she tied Mer back up.
McDreamy will never learn. Honestly, I like she-shep and I think he's losing a good thing. Is Mer better? I don't know.
She-shep ties for first place as my fav character on the show. Love, love, LOVE her. She's no saint, but she's real.
Finn is totally awesome and darn Mer going and messing it up by being with McDreamy again. I wanted to know the plans!
Mer, despite her flaws, is still tied for my fav. character on the show. Not because she's the star but because she's Mer.

The best part of last night's episode, IMO, was the scenes with the chief. I love how they all spilled about things going on in their lives and totally just put him (and us) into their perspective. It seemed planned at moments and then not so much during others. However it happened or was supposed to happen, it worked well. I really enjoyed that part.

BTW - I was a blubbering idiot when Dog was put down too. Having recently lost my own I definitely could not choke back the tears. What's odd is I was smiling and/or laughing throughout the rest of the show. Uncomfortable laughter? I was way tired. I don't know. Anyway, they were putting down the dog and Mer was upset and all of a sudden I was crying. Anyway...

I'm really bummed that I don't have any more Grey's until the fall. *sigh* Guess I'll just have to watch season one again. :topsy:

[quote name='shortnun' post='982047' date='May 15 2006, 11:21 PM']I would also like to say the following things:

~ Alex. Everytime I think you're cold and heartless, you surprise me. I'm glad the writers have made your character so complex.[/quote]-agreed! i kept yelling at Christina to be there for Burke
-i don't think George is in love with Izzie. i think he still loves Meredith
-I love Alex! I love that he is so complex, and every time i think he's a jerk, he surprises me. i think he's still in love with Izzie
[quote name='Azriel' post='982117' date='May 16 2006, 06:28 AM']
I think I'm with Theo, I was a bit dissappointed. But ....

Izzie - awesome acting the entire finale. Good on her. Not sure what will happen with her, but awesome.
Meredith - she's kinda getting on my nerves lately - kinda whiney.
Alex - I'm with shortnun - I love his character.

But now I'm sad. No more new Grey's until fall![/quote]i think it was a great ending. because so many things are in the air - burke, meredith, izzie, george & callie, christina & burke, the chief
[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='982142' date='May 16 2006, 07:36 AM']
-Izzie, poor thing, needs some serious time off. If she leaves permanently, I'm really going to miss her.
-Alex didn't surprise me with his nice boy attitude. I was really hoping they wouldn't make him a jerk again.
-Christina totally needs to get her act together. I think though she might have saved herself a little at the end.
-Burke's recovery is iffy looking. It'd be weird to cut two leads at once though, right? Let's hope so.
-Chief (it's what I call him) was real nice to Chris cause she totally would have spilled. I can feel his pain in his acting.
-Bailey is great. I love how she goes from sympathetic to pissed in a minute flat and it's totally believable.
-George definitely looks good in the new cut. I still like the curls but this side part is working too.
-Callie gets on my nerves. A lot. I don't know what else to say about her. She was nice when she tied Mer back up.
-McDreamy will never learn. Honestly, I like she-shep and I think he's losing a good thing. Is Mer better? I don't know.
-She-shep ties for first place as my fav character on the show. Love, love, LOVE her. She's no saint, but she's real.
-Finn is totally awesome and darn Mer going and messing it up by being with McDreamy again. I wanted to know the plans!
-Mer, despite her flaws, is still tied for my fav. character on the show. Not because she's the star but because she's Mer.

The best part of last night's episode, IMO, was the scenes with the chief. I love how they all spilled about things going on in their lives and totally just put him (and us) into their perspective. It seemed planned at moments and then not so much during others. However it happened or was supposed to happen, it worked well. I really enjoyed that part.

I'm really bummed that I don't have any more Grey's until the fall. *sigh* Guess I'll just have to watch season one again. :topsy:[/quote]
-i really hope Izzie just gets time off, because i think her and Alex will be back together
-i think burke will not be in the show much longer. how effective can he truly be as a surgeon. i think that's why dr. hahn did denny's heart transplant - i think she will be coming in next season.
-i think chief will play a bigger role next season - especially with the drama between him & meredith
-bailey - man she rocks! kicking butt and taking names! :P:
-i actually like callie - i think she's totally believable
-mcdreamy *sigh* i just wanted to slap him last night. go to your WIFE, man!
-i love addison! i truly do. with all her faults, i still love her
-finn - meh - i'm not that into him, but i really wish meredith hadn't messed up
-meredith is starting to grate on my nerves!

totally agree with you on the scenes with the chief and the interns. loved alex's football analogy - i couldn't believe he was sticking with the others! the scene between him and meredith was the best though.

i need to get season one and hopefully season two will be out very soon!

I thought that whole interrogation thing had a bit of a confessional air to it...especially with George. You can take Catholicism out of society, but our hearts yearn for the sacraments :)

These actors are amazing. But I'm so mad about Meredith and Derek! Ach--that man needs to stop it and get a hold of himself. Finn all the way. He actually seems like a nice guy...I'm inherently suspicious of adulterous men so I'm really not liking McDreamy.

I was really sad when Denny died. That was just...really, really sad. And Izzie's reaction...man. (But am I the only one that thinks that Alex might've had an ulterior motive with the whole swooping down and sweeping Izzie up? Might've been a nice thing to do, but my first instinct was that he was just moving right in since Denny was gone.)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='981453' date='May 15 2006, 12:44 PM']
Yeah, I don't think it is often that I talk to the TV, but last night, I was not screaming (since i am home and my mom was sleeping) but kept saying "No" and "don't be an idiot" :)

BTW, I used to belong to this site, which has now gone free (doh!) in which I can catch up on my Grey's Anatomy [url="http://www.guba.com/general/video/search?contentMaturity=-1&contentType=1&expandedSubcategory=Drama&query=anatomy&x=0&y=0&mst=63&fields=7"]http://www.guba.com/general/video/search?c...mst=63&fields=7[/url]
[/quote]

I keep trying to tell you guys that you do not have to wait for it to come out on DVD, you can get the eps for free from this site. Just follow the link above, and dload either for iTunes, which makes it into mp4 (small and lower quality) or the little computer which dloads it in avi, which is the show in HD, takes up about 2 gigs on the hdd, but well worth it.

[quote name='jiyoung' post='982453' date='May 16 2006, 10:55 AM']I thought that whole interrogation thing had a bit of a confessional air to it...especially with George. You can take Catholicism out of society, but our hearts yearn for the sacraments :)

These actors are amazing. But I'm so mad about Meredith and Derek! Ach--that man needs to stop it and get a hold of himself. Finn all the way. He actually seems like a nice guy...I'm inherently suspicious of adulterous men so I'm really not liking McDreamy.

I was really sad when Denny died. That was just...really, really sad. And Izzie's reaction...man. (But am I the only one that thinks that Alex might've had an ulterior motive with the whole swooping down and sweeping Izzie up? Might've been a nice thing to do, but my first instinct was that he was just moving right in since Denny was gone.)
[/quote]good points, especially about the sacraments! i don't think alex has an ulterior motive. i think this whole time izzie has been with denny, alex has yearned for izzie (he seemed to have gotten extra cranky and moody when izzie dumped him for denny).[quote name='Theologian in Training' post='982470' date='May 16 2006, 11:13 AM']I keep trying to tell you guys that you do not have to wait for it to come out on DVD, you can get the eps for free from this site. Just follow the link above, and dload either for iTunes, which makes it into mp4 (small and lower quality) or the little computer which dloads it in avi, which is the show in HD, takes up about 2 gigs on the hdd, but well worth it.[/quote]i forgot :blush: i will eventually get the seasons on dvd though

So, because of this thread, I thought the show might be ok, it is not.

There are explicit sexual adulterous scenes in it.

No thank you.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Theoketos' post='982494' date='May 16 2006, 12:29 PM']
So, because of this thread, I thought the show might be ok, it is not.

There are explicit sexual adulterous scenes in it.

No thank you.
[/quote]

Which is why you record it, then either fast forward or even delete those scenes (if you have the right program). :)

BTW, that artist Kate Havenevik was on again last night. Her new song "grace" will be on her site soon.

Edited by Theologian in Training

Once again, the music was flat out awesome last night - never, ever dissapointed in the music.

And Bailey has got to be one of my favorite characters on that show!!!

franciscanheart

Bailey is definitely the bomb and the music was no disappointment!

My mom has vowed never to watch the show again since McDreamy slept with Mer again. I'm sticking by it. I want to see what will happen there. There are always very real consequences for the actions of the characters and I highly doubt this will be any different. People jump to conclusions about this show just like they did with Desperate Housewives -- though anyone who has truly watched with an open mind knows that these shows are not even comparable.

BTW - Did yall know GA is moving to Thursday nights in the fall?! I'm bummed! Thursdays are so very random. I like my weekend drama! Anyway, 'Alex' was on The View this morning and the producers told him right before he went out that the time was changing. I thought it was weird that he didn't know that yet but I guess we're all just finding out. I think he's right about the show holding it's own even on a different night.

I love all the attention that's been given GA today. It's great!

[quote name='Azriel' post='982531' date='May 16 2006, 11:58 AM']
Once again, the music was flat out awesome last night - never, ever dissapointed in the music.

And Bailey has got to be one of my favorite characters on that show!!!
[/quote]music was wonderful last night!

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='982540' date='May 16 2006, 12:11 PM']BTW - Did yall know GA is moving to Thursday nights in the fall?! I'm bummed! Thursdays are so very random. I like my weekend drama! Anyway, 'Alex' was on The View this morning and the producers told him right before he went out that the time was changing. I thought it was weird that he didn't know that yet but I guess we're all just finding out. I think he's right about the show holding it's own even on a different night.

I love all the attention that's been given GA today. It's great![/quote]i'm very disappointed that it's moving to thursdays. my thursdays are so crazy, it'll be rare that i will get to watch it, unless i re-arrange my whole schedule :think: which is a possibility