An Old School Catholic Message Board

Soon to be a Death in the Family

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

My dog, Bessie, is dying. She has been getting weaker and slower for a couple of weeks and in the past few days she has stopped eating. Tonight she won't even take treats. You can see she wants them but she doesn't have the energy to consume them. Her breathing has quickened and it all she can do to keep doing that. She moved once for us tonight to say goodnight to my brother and sister, like she has every night for the past 4 years, but couldn't move any further. When we asked her if she wanted to go lie down somewhere she relaxed right where she was. She has a look of pain in her eyes and all she wants to do is love on people. I want to hold her but I'm scared to be there when she passes.

I feel sorry knowing that she has no soul that will pass on from this world to the next. When she dies she will be gone.. forever.

Bessie and I bonded from the beginning.. I was closest in age to her previous owner. She was already up in her years when we got her but she has been a great companion even still. She is 15 and it is obvious she is just getting too tired. I'm going to miss her so.

Please pray for me, my dad, my mom, and most especially my brother (8) and my sister (9) who are very attached and have not been very well informed of the situation. This is the first major pet death that they will be able to remember and I'm worried for them.

Thank you in advance. This may seem petty to some but this is very close to my heart.

St. Francis of Assisi, pray for us! :sadder: