An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laurentina1975's visit

HisChild

So waitaminute . . . I won't? I get it. . . out of sight, out of mind. :sadder: So quickly am I forgotten.

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:10 PM']I'm going with the School Sisters of St. Francis of Christ the King.  Hopefully they will understand when I glue myself to the Daughters of St. Pauls booth.

hahhahahahhaha

:cool:
[right][snapback]952522[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Um, i hope not!!! I had a tendency of doing that before and the Sisters questioned the fact if i was ready for communtiy life or not. I wouldn't recommend doing so!!! Lauren you should come visit the S.s.E.W. in birmingham.

Laurentina1975

So wait a minute...

Um you never said nuthin' 'bout it bein' in spirit.

But it's all good, I will have you in my heart...(*sigh* as tears are fallin' down my cheeks).....*sniffle*.

:sadder:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:11 PM']So waitaminute . . . I won't?  I get it. . . out of sight, out of mind.  :sadder:  So quickly am I forgotten.
[right][snapback]952526[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

WE LOVE YOU SISTER DENISE!!!! :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:13 PM']So wait a minute...

Um you never said nuthin' 'bout it bein' in spirit.

But it's all good, I will have you in my heart...(*sigh* as tears are fallin' down my cheeks).....*sniffle*.

:sadder:
[right][snapback]952532[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
You'll be in my heart. (wait, isn't that a Phil Collins song? some Disney tune?) I'm gonna miss you Lauren! And I'll be praying for your own entrance day!

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:13 PM']WE LOVE YOU SISTER DENISE!!!!  :blowkiss:  :blowkiss:  :blowkiss:  :blowkiss:  :blowkiss:
[right][snapback]952535[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Awwww, that's sweet. . .getting me ready for that absolutely bizarre moment when I'll be called Sister. I'll LOVE it, don't get me wrong, but it's going to sound odd for a while. :unsure:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:12 PM']Um, i hope not!!! I had a tendency of doing that before and the Sisters questioned the fact if i was ready for communtiy life or not. I wouldn't recommend doing so!!! Lauren you should come visit the S.s.E.W. in birmingham.
[right][snapback]952530[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Sixtina,

I trust that the Sisters know how the Holy Spirit is moving within them and trust that the decisions that they make are for the healthy benefit of anyone involved.

I know you are upset for whatever reason, but please, please don't say anything about what I should or should not do. This is something that is between God and I. Whatever happened with you is between you and the Daughters.

But let me making vehemently clear to you that you are hurting me by questioning my happiness and/or telling me what to and what not to do in my discernment. This is not the first time that this has happened on this website and to be honest I was leery when Denise started this thread because I had an inkling you would feel the need to express your resentment and what you see as intelligent advice.

I was so happy when I saw that Denise and the others were genuinely praying for me and supporting me.

Thanks and I will pray for your healing of whatever issues you have with these wonderful Sisters. They are all, each one in their own way, full of the Holy Spirit. I trust that those put in various roles in that community know what they are doing.

If perhaps God does not will it, I will humbly understand.

Lauren

photosynthesis

Lauren, I am so glad you had a good time with the Daughters of St. Paul! They truly are wonderful sisters, aren't they? What kind of things did you do? What was the liturgy like? How was the food?

I spent the weekend with my family. it wasn't necessarily my first choice, but I think it's where God wanted me.

I hope y'all have a great time at the conference...I wanna hear (and see?) all about it when y'all get back! I'll be at a wedding in TX!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:27 PM']Lauren, I am so glad you had a good time with the Daughters of St. Paul!  They truly are wonderful sisters, aren't they?  What kind of things did you do?  What was the liturgy like?  How was the food?

I spent the weekend with my family.  it wasn't necessarily my first choice, but I think it's where God wanted me.
[right][snapback]952583[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

+JMJ.P+
Confessionator! I was looking for you at Holy Week Retreat!

Yes they are wonderful! Good Friday was a silent day of retreat, I personally did a lot of lectio divina and meditation on scripture. We met a few times with Sr. Margaret Michael for reflection and prayer. Holy Saturday was wonderful, silence broken, we visited the bookstore in Dedham, colored Easter Eggs, etc. I also spent a lot of time in prayer that day. I started my Divine Mercy Novena. The Easter Vigil was amazing, you should have heard the music. I was blown away. Easter morning we had morning prayer, Liturgy, the Easter Egg Hunt, time for prayer, trip to Boston and Recreation. I can't really tell you about it all because we were so busy and it's all still sinking in. Monday before I left, I took a walk with one of the Sisters to the burial chapel and that was a moving experience. The Postulants really did a lot to make the weekend special, you could tell because they planned everything perfectly. It was a blessed experience to be there. You really need to go and experience it, words cannot explain it. It's really that beautiful of an experience. I almost feel bad that you missed it. If you have a chance to visit them, please, I urge you to do so!
In Him,
Lauren

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:24 PM']Sixtina,

I trust that the Sisters know how the Holy Spirit is moving within them and trust that the decisions that they make are for the healthy benefit of anyone involved. 

I know you are upset for whatever reason, but please, please don't say anything about what I should or should not do.  This is something that is between God and I.  Whatever happened with you is between you and the Daughters.

But let me making vehemently clear to you that you are hurting me by questioning my happiness and/or telling me what to and what not to do in my discernment.  This is not the first time that this has happened on this website and to be honest I was leery when Denise started this thread because I had an inkling you would feel the need to express your resentment and what you see as intelligent advice. 

I was so happy when I saw that Denise and the others were genuinely  praying for me and supporting me. 

Thanks and I will pray for your healing of whatever issues you have with these wonderful Sisters.  They are all, each one in their own way, full of the Holy Spirit.  I trust that those put in various roles in that community know what they are doing.

If perhaps God does not will it, I will humbly understand.

Lauren
[right][snapback]952574[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:
DID I SAY I HAD AN ISSUE WITH THE SISTERS?? I THINK NOT!!!

The only reason why i started posting on phatmass again was to know how your visit went, not to discourage anything. I think Sister is right, things tend to get out of control on phatmass. I won't bother you anymore!!! I'm done with Phatmass for good!!! :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder: :sadder:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:12 PM']Um, i hope not!!! I had a tendency of doing that before and the Sisters questioned the fact if i was ready for communtiy life or not. I wouldn't recommend doing so!!! Lauren you should come visit the S.s.E.W. in birmingham.
[right][snapback]952530[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Then further clarify what you meant by the above statement? (and I am not trying to pick a fight, I am calling you on what you said).

What would you NOT recommend?

Actually, NO....don't respond because this thread will turn into a closed thread. Let it go. Focus on your discernment with the S.s.E.W.'s and let mine be between me and God (unless you have something nice to say)!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:35 PM']+JMJ.P+
Confessionator!  I was looking for you at Holy Week Retreat!

Yes they are wonderful!  Good Friday was a silent day of retreat, I personally did a lot of lectio divina and meditation on scripture.  We met a few times with Sr. Margaret Michael for reflection and prayer.  Holy Saturday was wonderful, silence broken, we visited the bookstore in Dedham, colored Easter Eggs, etc.  I also spent a lot of time in prayer that day.  I started my Divine Mercy Novena.  The Easter Vigil was amazing, you should have heard the music.  I was blown away.  Easter morning we had morning prayer, Liturgy, the Easter Egg Hunt, time for prayer, trip to Boston and Recreation.  I can't really tell you about it all because we were so busy and it's all still sinking in.  Monday before I left, I took a walk with one of the Sisters to the burial chapel and that was a moving experience.  The Postulants really did a lot to make the weekend special, you could tell because they planned everything perfectly.  It was a blessed experience to be there.  You really need to go and experience it, words cannot explain it.  It's really that beautiful of an experience.  I almost feel bad that you missed it.  If you have a chance to visit them, please, I urge you to do so!
In Him,
Lauren
[right][snapback]952604[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

How many postulants do they have? And novices? :bounce:

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 18 2006, 01:57 PM']I'm going!
[right][snapback]952489[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Are you seriously going????????

Laurentina1975

No don't get your hopes up like I did. She's going in spirit. Remember she is dying to the world.....

*sigh*

It's all good though.