An Old School Catholic Message Board

Laurentina1975's visit

HisChild

Well, if I went. . .I'd be postponing entrance. Ya see, and that's the thing. . .
I'd LOVE to go.

You wanna know what's really funny? I donated some money to a charity who's doing this sweepstakes. . .it's for a local Catholic hospital. Anyway, the grand prize is a house and a car. LOL And the DRAWING is Friday, or so they're telling us. Wouldn't that be just something? Because even if I won it and donated, even to my parents, I'd have to sign the deed over to them, in person. :rolleyes:

Laurentina1975

[quote name='SisterAli' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:09 PM']Omg...i gotta tell you something Lauren!!!!!
[right][snapback]952681[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Omg....whaaaaat? Are you gonna donate a one-way plane ticket to Boston? Just kidding...what though?

Laurentina1975

[quote name='PCPA2Be' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:17 PM']When are you going back?  Have you made a decision to being the application process?
[right][snapback]952691[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Noooooooo application process yet. I need to discern with them for a while, it's a two-way street. But I asked to seriously discern with them.

The only "final" thing I know is, I am DONE looking.

:)

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:15 PM']Omg....whaaaaat?  Are you gonna donate a one-way plane ticket to Boston?  Just kidding...what though?
[right][snapback]952689[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't wanna say over this........... :drool:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 07:28 AM']When I awoke this morning (in my own bed), my first thought was, "I can't believe how much God loves me."
[right][snapback]951976[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

This made my day.

I Can die a happy man now.

good for you in your discernment so far. A friend of mine used to want to join, except she was hindered in every imaginable human way from meeting with them. (Southern California to Boston is always very difficult), but i pray for her often, i know her heart needs it.

SHALOM

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:19 PM']Noooooooo application process yet.  I need to discern with them for a while, it's a two-way street.  But I asked to seriously discern with them.

The only "final" thing I know is, I am DONE looking.

:)
[right][snapback]952694[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Awesome!! I'm so happy for you!!

[quote name='Laurentina1975' date='Apr 18 2006, 02:55 PM']OK.....

There are two first year Postulants and four second year Posulants.

There are three Novices.

:dance:
[right][snapback]952647[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
So do they have a 2 year postulancy? How long is their novitiate then?

[quote name='magnificat' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:36 PM']So do they have a 2 year postulancy?  How long is their novitiate then?
[right][snapback]952736[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yes the postulancy is 2 yrs and the same with the noviate!!!
Good LUCK Lauren. You found your community and I have mine!!!

Edited by Sixtina87

Laurentina1975

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:30 PM']This made my day.

I Can die a happy man now.

good for you in your discernment so far.  A friend of mine used to want to join, except she was hindered in every imaginable human way from meeting with them.  (Southern California to Boston is always very difficult), but i pray for her often, i know her heart needs it.

SHALOM
[right][snapback]952727[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Um there are Sisters in California, like there are two bookstores and they are in the process of opening another. So, it isn't unrealistic. I think they are also having another discernment retreat over memorial day weekend in Los Angeles and I am trying to arrange to go.

So tell her not to give up! PLEASE!

Laurentina1975

[quote name='Sixtina87' date='Apr 18 2006, 03:41 PM']yes the postulancy is 2 yrs and the same with the noviate!!!
Good LUCK Lauren. You found your community and I have mine!!!
[right][snapback]952745[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Actually that is incorrect.

The Postulancy is two years but can be three depending on how much time is needed. In rare cases they have candidacy of the person needs to pay off debt. The Novitiate is two years, one cannonical one in ministry I believe. Your best bet is to ask Sister Margaret Michael, she has a wealth of knowledge!