An Old School Catholic Message Board

Reply With Quote Is Broke

dUSt

Bad news: REPLY WITH QUOTE is broke.

Good news: the CATECHISM button works.

With the help of Ryan, I'll try to have everything working as soon as possible. Sorry for the inconvenience.

littleflower+JMJ

oh okay, i thought it was just me...thats good newss...

and wow. i can't wait for that catechistism thingy to work..that would be cool

Me too JMJ...I'm so dumb...I just tried to get a quote form you saying that the quote doesn't work!! Geez...

See?

CATECHISM:

300: God is infinitely greater than all his works: "You have set your glory above the heavens." Indeed, God's "greatness is unsearchable." But because he is the free and sovereign Creator, the first cause of all that exists, God is present to his creatures' inmost being: "In him we live and move and have our being." In the words of St. Augustine, God is "higher than my highest and more inward than my innermost self."

301: With creation, God does not abandon his creatures to themselves. He not only gives them being and existence, but also, and at every moment, upholds and sustains them in being, enables them to act and brings them to their final end. Recognizing this utter dependence with respect to the Creator is a source of wisdom and freedom, of joy and confidence:

For you love all things that exist, and detest none of the things that you have made; for you would not have made anything if you had hated it. How would anything have endured, if you had not willed it? Or how would anything not called forth by you have been preserved? You spare all things, for they are yours, O Lord, you who love the living.

302: Creation has its own goodness and proper perfection, but it did not spring forth complete from the hands of the Creator. The universe was created "in a state of journeying" (in statu viae) toward an ultimate perfection yet to be attained, to which God has destined it. We call "divine providence" the dispositions by which God guides his creation toward this perfection:

By his providence God protects and governs all things which he has made, "reaching mightily from one end of the earth to the other, and ordering all things well." For "all are open and laid bare to his eyes," even those things which are yet to come into existence through the free action of creatures.

CATECHISM:

1261: As regards children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them. Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus' tenderness toward children which caused him to say: "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them," allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism. All the more urgent is the Church's call not to prevent little children coming to Christ through the gift of holy Baptism.

Just testing... lol_grin.gif

I used it first!! hahaha!!!

Did you get my e-mail McdUSt?

What catechism button?

What kind of gin joint is this?

If I paid anything for this site, I'd want a 5% discount.

littleflower+JMJ

oh ....yeah....i knew that dUSt...i was just checking to see if YOU knew! ha! yeah that was it!

<_<:lol:

well, can you blame me after erading you and ryan talk back and forth how its not working.....my brains are fried right now....

:rolleyes::rolleyes: ohwell! you knew what i meant!

:: jmjlf goes to refill her cup of coffee::

Okay, Mr.T, go to post a message. Then you'll find a Catechism button where you can enter the paragraph you want and it retrieves it for you. Too cool.

IcePrincessKRS

Its there when you go to the "add reply" option rather than the "fast reply"

CATECHISM:

1300: The essential rite of the sacrament follows. In the Latin rite, "the sacrament of Confirmation is conferred through the anointing with chrism on the forehead, which is done by the laying on of the hand, and through the words: 'Accipe signaculum doni Spiritus Sancti' [be sealed with the Gift of the Holy Spirit.]." In the Eastern Churches of Byzantine rite, after a prayer of epiclesis, the more significant parts of the body are anointed with myron: forehead, eyes, nose, ears, lips, chest, back, hands, and feet. Each anointing is accompanied by the formula (Signaculum doni Spiritus Sancti): "the seal of the gift of the Holy Spirit."

IcePrincessKRS

haha I just put in a random number, how cool is that that it turned out to be about one of the Sacraments?

Ice this is TOOO much fun.

CATECHISM:

838: "The Church knows that she is joined in many ways to the baptized who are honored by the name of Christian, but do not profess the Catholic faith in its entirety or have not preserved unity or communion under the successor of Peter." Those "who believe in Christ and have been properly baptized are put in a certain, although imperfect, communion with the Catholic Church." With the Orthodox Churches, this communion is so profound "that it lacks little to attain the fullness that would permit a common celebration of the Lord's Eucharist."

Okay, Mr.T, go to post a message. Then you'll find a Catechism button where you can enter the paragraph you want and it retrieves it for you. Too cool
Thanks! You got a phree PM t-shirt on me. What size do you want?