An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vocation Station without Sister Denise

OLAM Dad

Well everybody, we lost an online friend but we gained so much more.

What are your thoughts and feelings?

Birgitta Noel

Miss her already, have been missing her all day. Already signed up for the newsletter and am waiting for the photos on their site!

But, I know that she is in a good place and will find much joy! In that I rejoice.

And of course I will be forever curious about what it's like to be cloistered and a Bride of Christ. :idontknow: :blush:

AlterDominicus

Phatmass feels empty without her, but its not a big shock. There'll be more of us leaving I gaurentee you that. OLAM Dad is right, we have gained so much more.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

And it should be Weird.

She is, and will always be an important part of our vocation discernment. To say it should not be weird is childish denial.

She left a remarkable impact on us, and should not be forgotten.

But oh well, we will see eachother at Mass, in the Holy Eucharist in Communion with Our Lord.

SHALOM

Laurentina1975

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' post='957422' date='Apr 22 2006, 07:46 PM']

She left a remarkable impact on us, and should not be forgotten.

SHALOM
[/quote]

Let us all remember her in a very very special way this Divine Mercy Sunday at mass.

St. Faustina, Pray for Us!

[quote name='Christie_M' post='957514' date='Apr 22 2006, 09:59 PM']
I miss her even though I didn't know her THAT well. :(
I hope she likes it there! :D:
[/quote]

me too!

Sister Denise was a pretty prolific contributor for her short duration on the phorum. Of course, it will be weird for a while, because her absence leaves a void, but also because she was so candid and transparent with her vocation story as she let us know how her situation was unfolding. She may be feeling pretty off balance herself for a while as I believe she drew a lot of support from this phorum. At the same time, I expect everyone else's stories will need to be shared and support given. Life has a way of going on. I think Sister Denise did a lot of good here, I'm thankful that she found Phatmass, and I'm hoping her continued discernment will go well.

photosynthesis

I wish I was around phatmass to say goodbye.

but she will be in my prayers and I know she is praying for us.

puellapaschalis

It serves to remind me how so much of our surroundings are transient. PM and other places, whether online or irl, are brilliant opportunities where we can support each other.

But they're not the be all and end all of our lives. There are very few "fixed" points in this life, and PM isn't one of them! I think it's more of a watering station along the way (I'm watching the London Marathon at the moment, hence that expression). Ultimately we will move on, hopefully like Sr. Denise to our own fixed point, our own particular path within the Church as we travel together towards The Fixed Point.

It means that places like PM aren't going to exist for ever, but that's not a bad thing. Quite the opposite, in fact: that PM has helped so many shows how much of a blessing it is. Personally I find it all quite exciting!

Love and prayers,

PP

[quote name='Christie_M' post='957514' date='Apr 22 2006, 09:59 PM']
I miss her even though I didn't know her THAT well. :(
I hope she likes it there! :D:
[/quote]

me too:)

Laurentina1975

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='957779' date='Apr 23 2006, 03:19 AM']
It serves to remind me how so much of our surroundings are transient. PM and other places, whether online or irl, are brilliant opportunities where we can support each other.

But they're not the be all and end all of our lives. There are very few "fixed" points in this life, and PM isn't one of them! I think it's more of a watering station along the way (I'm watching the London Marathon at the moment, hence that expression). Ultimately we will move on, hopefully like Sr. Denise to our own fixed point, our own particular path within the Church as we travel together towards The Fixed Point.

It means that places like PM aren't going to exist for ever, but that's not a bad thing. Quite the opposite, in fact: that PM has helped so many shows how much of a blessing it is. Personally I find it all quite exciting!

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]

I like how God graces us with eachother on this journey. Did anyone ever think of that? I mean, if we didn't have eachother to collaborate with, imagine the journey!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

I will miss her, but so glad to have known her and have her in my life, even if it was over the phorum only :) I'm very much glad to know that she is within the enclosure and that whatever graces were waiting for her there are being poured upon her! ^_^

she isn't necessarily there forever yet. She hasn't professed final vows (at least from what i know of her, she hasn't)

I am thinking it is cool that phatmass can claim another nun. :)

She will be a good one at that.

She will be missed but i hope that there are others who take her spot and even more that continue to follow her into a vocation.