An Old School Catholic Message Board

years later and it's not coming back!

franciscanheart

franciscanheart

You know how some things you do and you can't ever forget (like learning to ride a bike)? Well I haven't had a good copy of Christian Prayer (for myself) in some time. Today I purchased a new one and having simply followed the leader for so long - I'm lost!

:idontknow:

Help? I know where I am in the book (that's not hard to figure out) but I can't remember which ribbons I used for what. I know not everyone's are the same but... surely some uniformity could be found!

Off the top of my head, I think I have one ribbon on the weekly 4-week Psalter, one on the week of the calender where the Readings, etc. are (i.e. 2nd week of Easter, Wednesday), one where the general order of the hours is, and one where the feast days are...
Hope that helps

franciscanheart

Thanks.

I found this site to help my memory: [url="http://chastitysf.guidetopsychology.com/loh.htm#PR"]http://chastitysf.guidetopsychology.com/loh.htm#PR[/url]

So far it's doing a pretty good job though sometimes there is information overload!

Right now I have one in the proper of seasons at the second week of easter (Wednesday). I have another at the beginning of the four week psalter, one marked for night prayer, one where we are in the proper of saints, and one at the beginning of the commons.

Does this sound right? Looking at this webpage I was going "Oh yeah!", so most of this feels right. Want to double check though. ;)

((This has been good for my humility :blush: that's for sure.))

franciscanheart

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='961854' date='Apr 26 2006, 12:43 PM']
:thumbsup:
[/quote]
:D: I don't feel so lost anymore.

i would wonder why you quit.

If you had a hard time following it i would get ones of those St. Joseph guides to Christian Prayer. They list like every page. I would put the ribbons in those sections.

Mine are like this

Proper of Seasons (advent, etc.)
Ordinary (lists how to do everything)
4 week Psalter
Night Prayer
Proper of Saints

If there is a common used, i have a bookmark.

franciscanheart

long story. can't we just focus on the fact that im back to praying it again on a regular basis? :idontknow:

franciscanheart

i rearranged my ribbons to imitate yours, jezic, since the ordinary is more often used than the commons.

heres another question, we're in the second week of the psalter, correct?

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='963139' date='Apr 27 2006, 03:35 PM']
long story. can't we just focus on the fact that im back to praying it again on a regular basis? :idontknow:
[/quote]
:clap:

MC IMaGiNaZUN

I have a one volume, but i bookmark it like thus...

Order of Seasons

Four Week Psalter

Specific Dates, Saints and Feasts

Commons of Saints, and Feasts

Songs

I place a Holy Card to bookmark the Night Prayer section.

SHALOM

franciscanheart

[quote name='shortnun' post='963189' date='Apr 27 2006, 03:59 PM']
:clap:
[/quote]
:D:

I have to admit my amusement at the blue ribbon lining up just right for the night prayer spot. ^_^ Too cool.

Yup...mine does that too!

Funny thing is I never thought much about which ribbon was where because my Office books were a Christmas present from my pastor who had gotten a new set and so it was already lovingly broken in already! :)

[quote name='hugheyforlife' post='963139' date='Apr 27 2006, 03:35 PM']
[/quote]

yes we can. It is awesome to hear. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='jezic' post='963415' date='Apr 27 2006, 07:18 PM']
yes we can. It is awesome to hear. :)
[/quote]
:) Thanks. I am very excited to be praying them again, but can't help feeling as though I'm doing something wrong. I'll be praying them (hopefully) with a friend over the phone or something for a few days just to make sure I don't mess this up. It's easy when you're following along with someone else and a little more complicated when you're sitting in your room at home alone. :pinch: