An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='philothea' timestamp='1303780329' post='2233063']
[i]Jesus of Nazareth[/i] by Pope Benedict XVI. Just finished the second book. Amazing stuff, though it takes some effort to keep up with at times.
[/quote]
I want to read that. What was your fave thing about it?

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1303794022' post='2233240']
I want to read that. What was your fave thing about it?
[/quote]
It made events in the gospels seem real and tangible and meaningful at whole new level. Especially the part around the middle of the first book, where he breaks down what a contemporary Jewish listener would have understood from Jesus' sermons and parables. (In other words, what Jesus actually meant to convey, since He, of course, knew His audience.) I was surprised by a lot of it, and I thought I'd studied a bunch!

• 2 weeks later...
Laudate_Dominum

[quote name='philothea' timestamp='1303795736' post='2233265']
It made events in the gospels seem real and tangible and meaningful at whole new level. Especially the part around the middle of the first book, where he breaks down what a contemporary Jewish listener would have understood from Jesus' sermons and parables. (In other words, what Jesus actually meant to convey, since He, of course, knew His audience.) I was surprised by a lot of it, and I thought I'd studied a bunch!
[/quote]
I can't wait. Thanks.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

[quote name='Mary Magdalene' timestamp='1304766361' post='2238378']
Interior Castle- Teresa of Avila
[/quote]

Interior castle i have read :clapping:

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am slowly going through a nice little book called GOD'S PEOPLE The now and future church, Thomas R. Artz,C.SS.R.
Is a nice little read for people that aren't up to chewing through deep theological mysteries,is very simply written and tangible.
God bless you all.

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='Tab'le Du'Bah-Rye' timestamp='1304847068' post='2238669']
I am slowly going through a nice little book called GOD'S PEOPLE The now and future church, Thomas R. Artz,C.SS.R.
Is a nice little read for people that aren't up to chewing through deep theological mysteries,is very simply written and tangible.
God bless you all.
[/quote]

def a book id like to read when I get a chance. Might try and see if i can get my hands on a copy

• 2 weeks later...
RashaLampa

I am reading this book: [url="http://www.scribd.com/doc/23386974/THE-CATHOLIC-DOGMA-Extra-Ecclesiam-Nullus-omnino-Salvatur-by-Fr-Michael-Mueller-C-SS-R"]http://www.scribd.com/doc/23386974/THE-CATHOLIC-DOGMA-Extra-Ecclesiam-Nullus-omnino-Salvatur-by-Fr-Michael-Mueller-C-SS-R[/url]
on my Sony E-Book reader....:dance:

[u]The Catholic Dogma[/u] by Fr. Michael Mueller, CSSR

Here is more on Fr. Mueller: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_M%C3%BCller"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_M%C3%BCller[/url]

I am surprised that more people do not know about Fr. Mueller. He really was an amesome priest and he was from the USA! I believe Tan Books carries a few of his books.

FutureSister2009

I'm reading about St. Claire of Assisi. It's such a short book and yet it's taking me so long to finish it. :blink:

LaPetiteSoeur

Mystery novels. Many of them.

The Princess Bride (How did I get through high school without ever reading this! Scandal.)

Dark Night of the Soul

TeenApologist

This phorum post.

But in reality, I'm reading a midieval fantasy book similar to the Lord of The Rings called the Sword of Shannara by Terry Brooks.