An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

[quote name='filius_angelorum' timestamp='1330148475' post='2392752']
Jesus of Nazareth, Part II, by Pope Benedict XVI.
[/quote]

AH-mazing. :like:

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1327613079' post='2375837']

I would like to read a book about having a crush on someone and knowing that it can't happen. Does anyone know if a book like that exists? If not, I will write it myself
[/quote]

These books involve situations much more serious than just a crush, but the theme is basically similar:

1) [url="http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15992"]Come Rack, Come Rope by Robert Hugh Benson[/url]
Two other books recently mentioned in this thread also contain threads with this theme:
2) Little Women - by L.M. Alcott.
3) Dracula - by Bram Stoker

• 1 month later...
brianthephysicist

Just finished
[img]http://img.aquinasandmore.com/items/Swimming-With-Scapulars58464lg.jpg[/img]

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Phatmass posts and the holy bible. And occasionaly bits and pieces of the local chronical(free.) and state newspaper(that i didn't pay for.) and the local catholic church paper when availble(free.)

• 2 weeks later...
Spem in alium

[i]Hamlet, [/i]my favourite Shakespearean play so far :) But also a necessary read as it's a university core text.

I just finished [i]The Pearl[/i] by John Steinbeck. A simple, but very powerful read.

Malcolm Muggeridge's [i]Jesus[/i] and [i]Jesus Rediscovered. [/i]I started flicking through them for a uni assignment and really got hooked :)

PhuturePriest

I'm currently reading too many books to count. I unsuccessfully tried to read The Confessions of Saint Augustine and a book about Hitler from the library (Quite an interesting mix. I'm sure the librarian was wondering what on earth made me want to read both of those books), and I've been reading The Lord of the Rings off and on. I'm at the Council of Elrond, meaning I'm really close to the end, but it's hard to motivate myself. I currently finished the Hunger Games series, which was... interesting to say the least. I was really disappointed at the last book, but oh well, I can pretend those things didn't happen.

PadrePioOfPietrelcino

The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawerence of the Resurection