An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Are You Reading?

Nathan

Spem in alium

I've just read [i]The Story of a Soul, [/i]and found it absolutely beautiful. I didn't want to stop reading! :cloud9: Kind of made me want to do this: :nun2:

Recently I needed to read [i]Confessions [/i]and [i]The City of God[/i] by St. Augustine for an essay, and even though they were dense I got a lot out of them. :heart:

I'm about to begin a book called [i]When God Spoke English: A History of the King James Bible, [/i]and am also hoping to read [i]The Way of Perfection[/i] by St. Teresa of Avila. I've heard a lot about St. Teresa - some people I know have even said that she was "scary" because of her visions and raptures. I'm looking forward to seeing what she had to say :)

[quote name='Laudate_Dominum' timestamp='1338431814' post='2438332']
Nuthin, by nobody.
[/quote]
I read that twice. It's terrible.

Rowan d'Alexandre

[i]Kilmeny of the Orchard[/i], by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Fluffy, but it's so sweet and simple of a story I can't help myself. :3

And [i]Screwtape Letters[/i], again. Every time I read it I get something new out of it.

xTrishaxLynnx

Not reading, but listening to[i] Catching Fire[/i], book two of The Hunger Games series. I liked the first book a lot, but didn't expect the games to be over by the end of it. It'll be interesting to hear what happens next...

bernadette d

[quote name='Rowan d'Alexandre' timestamp='1338586570' post='2439647']
[i]Kilmeny of the Orchard[/i], by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Fluffy, but it's so sweet and simple of a story I can't help myself. :3

And [i]Screwtape Letters[/i], again. Every time I read it I get something new out of it.
[/quote]

I agree about "The Screwtape Letters" so much in there.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got

[i]A Wind in the Door [/i](L'Engle)
[i]Prince Caspian [/i](Lewis)
[i]Rediscovering Catholicism [/i](Kelly)
[i]CCC [/i](Seriously, the CCC)
[i]Hebrews [/i](Author Disputed)
[i]1 Kings[/i]
[i]The Man Who Was Thursday[/i] (Chesterton)

All at the same time.

elizabeth09

[color=#282828][font='Segoe UI', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Christy[/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
Julie de Sales

I recently read on the internet a book which discrives the life of Louis Marie Maulbont d'Arbaumont, in religion Father John of the Sacred Heart, spiritual director of the Victims of the Sacred Heart. He helped the Foundress build up this religious congregation. A very good book indeed.

• 3 weeks later...
AdoroTeDevote

Introduction to the devout life by St. Francis of Sales
Story of a soul by St. Therese of Lisieux
The name of the rose by Umberto Eco