An Old School Catholic Message Board

religious orders...

Domine ut Videam

Domine ut Videam

So, I have breaking news :D: !In fact, you are the first ones that I am telling. In the past few weeks God has revealed to me a huge aspect of my vocation. I have learned that I am too pray for priests. This is something that so completely corresponds to my heart and brings me such joy. And the realization hit me that they need to many fervrent prayers for the strength and the grace just to get up in the morning and to go throughout their day and lead their flocks. Also, missonary priests, the souls of priest, wow...... :blush: I can't even describe what God has shown me.....but the point is that i have realized that this is my vocation-->to pray for these chosen men: the servants of God. But I was just wondering, by an off chance as I was sharing this if anyone knew of any orders that had a charism that was like this? Just wondering. If not thats okay. :) I just have so much joy right now that nothing can bring me down!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Guest phatdaddy

Lauren,

That's wonderful. I am so excited for you. You actually lift us all up by your sharing. Thankyou. :yahoo:

+

Beautiful. SMME have this devotion -it was part of what attracted me to the community. Also, the Sisters Adorers of the Royal Heart of Jesus Christ Sovereign Priest (Sisters of Christ the King), have this as part of their charism.

www.sistersofmary.org
www.institute-christ-king.org/AdorersRoyalHeart.htm

Awesome!

The Sisters of the Cross of the Sacred Heart of Jesus! There a mexican-based contemplative order, but they have some convents in the US. In my diocese, they pray for a different priest in the diocese each day. It's a big part of their charism.

The PCPA at Our Lady of Solitude are going to be devoted to giving priests retreats... and all of the PCPA are big on praying for priests.

The Missionary Sisters of the Sacro Costato... an active order based in Italy... my mentor is a sister from this order. They have a variety of apostoloates, but prayer for priests and religious is very important to them.

I'll have to think of some more...

Wonderful! :yahoo:

oh yeah, and the Oblate Sisters of Jesus the Priest... They have a few convents... They're devoted to taking care of the priests and seminarians at St. Patrick's Seminary, near where I live.

Edited by zunshynn

SisterAli

[url="http://www.rc.net/lincoln/schoolsisters/"]School Sisters of Christ the King[/url]

There isn't a time when I'm their that they aren't talking with priests or about them and praying for them. The priests are very dear to us. As we work in the schools with them too!

This is the order I'm joining. One of their charisms (as posted on the website) is:

The Love for the Priesthood

Christ the King, through the offering of Himself as Priest and Victim on the Altar of the Cross, established the ministerial priesthood to carry on His mission in the world.
The Sisters have a reverence and respect for all priests, by virtue of their role as "other Christs" in the world today. This begins with a genuine love for the Supreme Pontiff, the Holy Father, and love for the Church.

The Priest brings man to God and God to man.
Every blessing you have received has come through the hand of a priest.
~ Bishop Flavin (their founder)

Domine ut Videam

Wow....lots of changes on the forum :blink: ...

anyways....thanks for the orders guys, I'm going to go check them out! I just am soo happy and joy-filled that i can't even adequately speak (type :) ) Yeah! I'm just so happy to share this with you!

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

magnificat

Yay Lauren! I'm so happy that you have discovered the charism Jesus is inviting you to! :)

Had to do a little searching on the IRL website, but there are a few more to look at:

Handmaids of the Precious Blood, Jemez Springs New Mexico (cloistered contemplative)

Soc. of Sisters of the Holy Cross , Detroit, MI (contemplative-active)

Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, Steubenville, OH (active-contemplative)

I think also that most Carmelites have a focus on prayer for priests, too.

God bless!

Mary-Kathryn

They used to be "Oblates of Mary, Queen of Apostles" When they moved from Pennsylvania to Missouri in March they became "The Benedictines of Mary, Queen of Apostles" They follow the Benedictine Rule, wear the traditional habit and have many young vocations. Their goal is to give priests a place of retreat and rest. In pennsylvania they were very self-sustaining. Cows for milk and coagulated milk, poultry, etc...they aslo make vestments [right word??] for priests

Right now they have been given a convent to live in, so no farm animals. They will have their monastary built, but I don't know the time frame for that. In their last newsletter it seemed to say they now have room for more vocations!

I will try to find that newsletter, if you are interested. If I can't find it, I can call Sister Bernadette's mom and ask for the phone and address...just let me know!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[url="http://carmelitegeneralate.homestead.com/"]http://carmelitegeneralate.homestead.com/[/url]

[url="http://www.carmelitemonastery.com/"]http://www.carmelitemonastery.com/[/url]

Discalced Carmelite Nuns pray for Priests.

The first link as an Active order. The second is Cloistered. I grew up around the Carmelite Nuns. They rock, i would highly recommend. I also have a good friend planning on entering the cloister.

SHALOM
Mark
IMaGiNaZUN

Edited by MC IMaGiNaZUN

:ninja: More of my past vocation search coming out!

I had wanted to be of service to priests when I first entered the Church. In fact, one of our proposed communities is "St. John Vianney's Company of Nurses." Our "Handmaid Consolers of Our Lady of LaSalette" will be praying not only for priests, but also making reparation for the child molester priests.

I also looked into established orders who took care of priests. There's the Srs. of St. Joan of Arc and the Srs. of St. Martha, just to name two.

As far as cloisters are concerned, the Discalced Carmelites were given prayer for the sanctification of priests as one of their primary duties.

Then there's also the Oblate Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Hubbard, Ohio. Their foundress was told by Our Lord, "Give me holy priests."

Ever hear of the Trinitarians of Mary? Their foundress was very much inspired to pray for priests, as without them, we have no sacraments.

Here in NC, we have the Queen of the Clergy sisters. They help the clergy by running a day care center.

I had a folder somewhere around here with information on this subject. I was going to compile a booklet, called "Their Lives for Priests," which would be a vocational guide to orders who work closely with/for priests.

HTH.

Blessings,
Gemma

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='Gemma' post='972472' date='May 5 2006, 01:09 PM']
I had a folder somewhere around here with information on this subject. I was going to compile a booklet, called "Their Lives for Priests," which would be a vocational guide to orders who work closely with/for priests.
[/quote]

wow...that would be awesome! You should soooo do it!! :D: I am acutally feeling called to pray for priests, like in a contemplative setting. But who knows.....this might change; only God can say.

Thanks everyone. You've all been so helpful. I will look at all of these and pray about it and let you know what i think. Thanks again!

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Domine ut Videam

Well, i have looked at all of these orders and two that really jumoed out at me were the Trinitarians of Mary and the Handmaids of the Precious Blood, but the Carmelites are always close to my heart.

I was wondering if anyone knew naything more about the Handmaids of the Precious Blood. There wasn't really that much info about them on the internet....so if anyone else has anymore information i would be sooo glad! Thanks again for all your help.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren