An Old School Catholic Message Board

religious orders...

Domine ut Videam

Couldn't find too much more about the Handmaids of the Precious Blood--they don't even have an e-mail address, unfortunately. However, there is a site with a little of their history and about their founder, Fr. Fitzgerald, who also founded a religious order of priests who care for troubled priests and religious. I can't imagine a group of priests who are more needy of our prayers.

[url="http://www.theservants.org/story.htm"]The Servants of the Paraclete[/url]

I must say though that the Trinitarians of Mary really look like an inspiring community!! Keep us posted if you make any more contact, OK?

[quote name='stlmom' post='973583' date='May 6 2006, 12:30 PM']
Couldn't find too much more about the Handmaids of the Precious Blood--they don't even have an e-mail address, unfortunately. However, there is a site with a little of their history and about their founder, Fr. Fitzgerald, who also founded a religious order of priests who care for troubled priests and religious. I can't imagine a group of priests who are more needy of our prayers.

[url="http://www.theservants.org/story.htm"]The Servants of the Paraclete[/url]
I must say though that the Trinitarians of Mary really look like an inspiring community!! Keep us posted if you make any more contact, OK?
[/quote]

Handmaids of the Precious Blood are listed on my site: [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/"]Society of Our Lady of the Cloister[/url]

They're on the American Cloisters page, under women's communities.

Last I heard, the Handmaids had a pretty full novitiate!

Blessings,
Gemma

Here's a more complete list:

Little Sisters of the Holy Family (work in rectories; Lowell, MA)

Missionary Sisters of St. Anthony (run a residence for aged/retired/sick priests; San Antonio, TX)

Maryvale Sisters of Our Lady, Queen of the Clergy (here in NC)

Sisters of St. Joan of Arc (work in rectories & at St. Anselm College, MA)

Oblate Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (Hubbard, Ohio)

Canda:

Antonian Sisters of Mary, Queen of the Clergy

Sisters of Mary, Queen of the Clergy

I think there's one or two who do so in Mexico, but I don't know who or where they are.

HTH.

Blessings,
Gemma

PrayerSupporter

Another community that has the priesthood as part of their apostolate is the Pious Disciples of the Divine Master (http://www.pddm.us/). They are part of the Pauline Family, which also includes the Daughters of St. Paul (for women), the Society of St. Paul (for men), four secular institutes, and other religious congregations. The Pious Discplies's web site indicates that their principle activity is Eucharistic adoration (many years ago I was honored to share a holy hour with them -- they had beautiful long blue mantles that they wore for their adoration hour -- not sure if they still do that today), then their role with the liturgy, and finally their colaboration with priests. They are located in New York, Massachusettes and California. Just thought I'd mention this community in case someone might be interested....

[quote name='PrayerSupporter' post='977990' date='May 10 2006, 11:31 PM']
Another community that has the priesthood as part of their apostolate is the Pious Disciples of the Divine Master (http://www.pddm.us/). They are part of the Pauline Family, which also includes the Daughters of St. Paul (for women), the Society of St. Paul (for men), four secular institutes, and other religious congregations. The Pious Discplies's web site indicates that their principle activity is Eucharistic adoration (many years ago I was honored to share a holy hour with them -- they had beautiful long blue mantles that they wore for their adoration hour -- not sure if they still do that today), then their role with the liturgy, and finally their colaboration with priests. They are located in New York, Massachusettes and California. Just thought I'd mention this community in case someone might be interested....
[/quote]

:duh: I forgot all about them. Thanks.

Blessings,
Gemma

Domine ut Videam

I have an announcement to make. And i know it is so soon after i just made the last one. But those of you who don't know, i have this very bad health problem. It doesn't prevent me from going through my evrryday life....but lately things have been really bad. And I am just really struggling and my SD is very concerned about me. So I have been instructed to put all vocation discernment on hold for the time-being. He says that God can't honestly be expecting me to actively discern a vocation, because I am just struggling to stay alive and to get through each day. Which makes perfect sense....sorry that i am being vague but.....it is just too much to type i don't have the time. Maybe Phatdaddy or OLAM dad can explain in more detail. I don't mind if they do. I'll probably be lurking and reading around in the vocation station....but not really posting too much because it really is such a cause of anxiety and anxiety is part of what makes it worse. I just really need to get this under control because my life (spiritual and physical) is careening out of control and i just can't do it anymore. Discerning my vocation just isn't an option at this time. I will be praying for all of you and I will definitely be saving this list because it is awesome. And i will still be here every day to talk about the faith, cause i'll be needing the community more than ever. Thanks so much.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

Lauren-

I will add you to my prayers. May God be with you and guide you, heal your body from anxiety. May the Blessed Mother protect you and keep you.

God Bless,

Allie

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='978627' date='May 11 2006, 03:42 PM']
I have an announcement to make. And i know it is so soon after i just made the last one. But those of you who don't know, i have this very bad health problem. It doesn't prevent me from going through my evrryday life....but lately things have been really bad. And I am just really struggling and my SD is very concerned about me. So I have been instructed to put all vocation discernment on hold for the time-being. He says that God can't honestly be expecting me to actively discern a vocation, because I am just struggling to stay alive and to get through each day. Which makes perfect sense....sorry that i am being vague but.....it is just too much to type i don't have the time. Maybe Phatdaddy or OLAM dad can explain in more detail. I don't mind if they do. I'll probably be lurking and reading around in the vocation station....but not really posting too much because it really is such a cause of anxiety and anxiety is part of what makes it worse. I just really need to get this under control because my life (spiritual and physical) is careening out of control and i just can't do it anymore. Discerning my vocation just isn't an option at this time. I will be praying for all of you and I will definitely be saving this list because it is awesome. And i will still be here every day to talk about the faith, cause i'll be needing the community more than ever. Thanks so much.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren
[/quote]

Lauren--Google "Our Lady, Untier of Knots". Neat prayer to Our Lady.

Blessings,
Gemma

• 1 year later...
the lords sheep
:bump:

Does anyone know of any other orders that pray for priests? Its a charism that is of great interest to me.

Also, does anyone know if the Trinitarians of Mary are contemplative or active?

Thanks!!

the lords sheep

I was told by my spiritual director (although I have yet to verify this with the Sisters) that the Religious Sisters of Mercy of Alma have a special devotion to pray for and support Priests and those in formation.
Just in case anyone was interested!!!!!

• 4 months later...

I think Gemma mentioned some Mexican communities.
I know of two in San Antonio.
One is the Hermanas Josefinas,or Josephine Sisters who do domestic work in the seminaries here,and the Oblate Sisters of Jesus the Priest,who used to be here.The Oblate Sisters are still in the US,but I don't think they are in San Antonio anymore.And I seem to recall they have a website in english.Not sure about the Josephine Sisters
having a website.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='971303' date='May 4 2006, 05:00 PM']So, I have breaking news :D: !In fact, you are the first ones that I am telling. In the past few weeks God has revealed to me a huge aspect of my vocation. I have learned that I am too pray for priests. This is something that so completely corresponds to my heart and brings me such joy. And the realization hit me that they need to many fervrent prayers for the strength and the grace just to get up in the morning and to go throughout their day and lead their flocks. Also, missonary priests, the souls of priest, wow...... :blush: I can't even describe what God has shown me.....but the point is that i have realized that this is my vocation-->to pray for these chosen men: the servants of God. But I was just wondering, by an off chance as I was sharing this if anyone knew of any orders that had a charism that was like this? Just wondering. If not thats okay. :) I just have so much joy right now that nothing can bring me down!!!!!! Thanks so much!!!!

-Yours in Christ
Lauren[/quote]

I can't tell you where to go, but I ask that you do choose only the well established centuries (NOT near, or ALMOST a a century!) communities Franciscan and Carmelites and not the "We pray for Priest" communties. There is one community that has given me so much pain, I ask that if you find them, that I hope you are at least forty years of age, I was 18 years old and I went to the notorious ones. I have not been back to religious life since. Ask your Bishop first, promise yourself that, Iwent to my Bishop afterwards, big mistake. If you get this and need to ask which community I am reffering to, then respond and I will correspond. If anything is amiss as you visit a community, anything 'weird' so thought bythe good girl catholicism, "in passing conversation" said or done---- RUN and DON"T LOOK BACK OR REGRET

Promise yourself that, my community ruined my young life. Sorry I am not as promotional positive, but I hope you have a career first.

Almost a century is a drawing card for girls who think they will be the force of change- I promise you that! I promise you I logged in just to give you this advice. If you find the praying for priests so much your calling, i am nearly positive you found these papal cloistered sisters, who are not great. There is anoother community flousing in the East US and Canada that is at least over one century old foundress. Venerable Catherine Aur... I forgot how to spellher last name.

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='973453' date='May 6 2006, 11:07 AM']Well, i have looked at all of these orders and two that really jumoed out at me were the Trinitarians of Mary and the Handmaids of the Precious Blood, but the Carmelites are always close to my heart.

I was wondering if anyone knew naything more about the Handmaids of the Precious Blood. There wasn't really that much info about them on the internet....so if anyone else has anymore information i would be sooo glad! Thanks again for all your help.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren[/quote]
I do know the HPB, been there-- HUGE BIG PAINS. I will be very candid with you...

please email me whenpigsfly2@aol.com, see the earlier post..are you desperate?

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' date='May 11 2006, 03:42 PM' post='978627']
Discerning my vocation just isn't an option at this time. I will be praying for all of you.

Lauren, thank you for the prayers.
This is an Order with which I am familiar for years. They also have a lay association whose primary focus is to pray for Priests. They send you the first name of a priest who has requested prayers, and you promise to pray for him. It is a beautiful apostolate.

.[u]http://www.ichrusa.com/saintsalive/precious/[/u][b][/b]