An Old School Catholic Message Board

Formal Debates

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

Unfortunately it doesn't look like we will be having a formal debate at the Baptist Board.

However I like the idea so much, to have formal debates instead of just speculative opinion, I'm working on a website to post them.

The debates will focus on very specific issues between protestantism and Catholicism.

If your interested in taking part of these debates, being part of a leadership team, or would like to edit them before they are put on the website, please PM or email me.

That goes for ya'll guys too.

Sweet.

Are these going to be actual debates between actual people, or hypothetical Q & A type debates?

I like phorums because people can express what's on their mind. Often, "rigged" Q & A type pages don't contain the kind of questions or answers that come to my mind...

A left brain/right brain phenomena? :P

Brother Adam

These debates will have one central doctrine or issue at hand to discuss. Each person will write an opening, 2 rebuttals, and a closing. In other words, it is a 4 phase debate. The neat thing is, each phase is posted at the same time.

More details to follow.

A Formal Debate!

Hmm.. Does that mean no bitin', cussin, scratchin', eye pokin', or hair pullin'?

Is there a winner?

Guest catholic4ever

I'm new to PM. Thsi Baptist Board seems amesome. Let me at em, let me at em! jk. I have a severe problem with Baptists yet we are all children of God (hard to believe in certain cases) May God Bless Catholics!

Brother Adam

A Formal Debate!

Hmm..  Does that mean no bitin', cussin, scratchin', eye pokin', or hair pullin'? 

Is there a winner?

You may not cuss' or you will look like this :huh: when I'm through beating you in the back of the head with a 2x4 :(

There is no "declared" winner. It is up for the reader to decide on their own.

Okay. No cussin'. But eye pokin'? If eye pokin' is allowed, the winner is obvious.

I would like to participate.

And catholic4ever, Brother Adam is Baptist and a very favored friend here. Ya' gotta be carefull. Don't get too cross ways with him. We're working on the evagalizing with Charity program with him.

Brother Adam

And catholic4ever, Brother Adam is Baptist and a very favored friend here. Ya' gotta be carefull. Don't get too cross ways with him. We're working on the evagalizing with Charity program with him.

:blink::lol:

At this point I'm just having trouble recruiting the Baptists.

You shouldn't have told them what they'd be up against. hehehe