An Old School Catholic Message Board

Formal Debates

Brother Adam

Brother Adam

yeah yeah. I'm working on it. You might end up debating me!

But then it wouldn't be much of a debate....

All you'd have to do is poke me and I'd fall over. :P :blink:

Good Friday

What I don't understand is why the Baptists on the Baptist Board (which I assume is who you're trying to get to debate us), don't want to debate us? Don't they take seriously the Great Commission?

Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. - Matthew 28:19-20. Emphasis mine

Now, if they believe they have the Truth and that my Church serves the father of lies, why aren't they willing to expose the Catholic Church for what it is? Aren't they confident that the Baptist interpretation of Scripture will stand up against the allegedly false and flimsy Catholic interpretation? Don't they want to help Jesus save me? I certainly want to help Him save them.

Or maybe it's just that they're a little afraid of standing up to the Church that claims to be and can prove that it is the "pillar and foundation of truth" (cf. 1 Tim 3:15). If that's the case, I can certainly understand it. But if they honestly think the Catholic Church is as evil as they claim, don't they think it should be rather easy to topple its theology using prayer and Scripture?