An Old School Catholic Message Board

SisterAli needs your prayers

Scott_TX

SisterAli sent me a text message asking for prayers, she is in the ER with a possible concussion and fractured shin. She was playing basketball this afternoon when she got hurt.

brandelynmarie
:bigpray: Oh no! SisterAli, hope you are feeling ok! Please let us know how she is doing...

SisterAli just let me know that she is home and has a mild concussion and a sprained right knee. Thank you all for your prayers this evening.

:pray:

[quote name='Faustina' post='974148' date='May 6 2006, 09:20 PM']
Is she a Sister?
[/quote]
Nope, not yet. She's planning on entering the School Sisters of Christ the King in Nebraska (I think it's Nebraska). :)

catholicinsd

[quote name='shortnun' post='974156' date='May 6 2006, 09:46 PM']
:pray:
Nope, not yet. She's planning on entering the School Sisters of Christ the King in Nebraska (I think it's Nebraska). :)
[/quote]
I was wondering a nun could send a text message

SisterAli

[quote name='magnificat' post='975212' date='May 8 2006, 09:39 AM']
How are you doing Ali???
[/quote]

Still rather sore....When I wake up it's the worst time because it's like my body has temporarily shut down while I'm sleeping and everything is stiff...especially my knee. That's the worse when I wake up. My head hurts really bad when I first wake up...I have a little confusion here and there....hard to focus on something for a long period of time...like staring at a computer screen...I can't be up for long periods of time standing...otherwise my head starts to pound. Other than that...I'm doing alright. Thank you for the prayers! The diagnosis by the doctor was a mild concussion and a sprained right knee. (The worst knee to hurt, because its my bad knee...)

Ali

puellapaschalis

Oh Ali!

You are definitely still in my prayers - I can empathise with being stiff in the mornings (I have a back problem that almost makes mornings my least favourite time of day!). It takes a bit of tooth grit but if you can get through the initial pain then it eases off throughout the day.

One of the things I find hard to accept is when I can't remain kneeling upright in church. It's tough to accept that the body has limitations when it's been damaged!

Love and prayers,

PP