An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sisters of Life

veritas99

magnificat

Thanks for that clarification Veritas! I'm not so good with remember numbers...haha.

I didn't know Sr. Monica was an only child! She picked me up from the airport when I visited last time...the habit makes it pretty easy to spot them...another side bonus to habits :D:

[quote name='veritas99' post='1001174' date='Jun 9 2006, 10:39 AM']
Many religious have assured me that whne God calls someone to religious life he gives that call to their family as well and pours out the grace of the vocation upon them. They said it makes a big difference when your parents see with your community and see that your happy. They do a lot better when they've met some of the members of that community.
[/quote]

I've definately been told similar things by various priests & sisters. It's one of those things where only time will tell. One of my priests from home tells me that the best thing I can do to help the rest of my family into heaven (beside praying) is to discern God's will for me and to follow it whole-heartedly, regardless of what my parents think right now. I'm sure that it's much harder being an only child though.