An Old School Catholic Message Board

Daughters Of Mary, Mother Of Our Savior

brendan1104

brendan1104

[mod]Links and information removed because the order is questionable. Please make sure that any orders you promote on the vocation station are faithful to the Church, so that others are not scandalized or mislead. --Era Might[/mod]

puellapaschalis

Are they in communion with Rome? The response to one of their FAQs suggests not.

Love and prayers,

PP

+

Heretical. Sorry to say it, but the quote below from the website under "necessary qualities for acceptance" confirms concerns that this group of sisters, which undoubtedly does good and loves Jesus and Mary, is nonetheless heretical in its rejection of Vatican II and the Novus Ordo.

"Belong to the traditional Catholic Faith and [b]not be associated with the Novus Ordo Church[/b]..."

Just wanted to give any unsuspecting members the "heads-up".

Blessings.

:priest_halo: :bishop: :pope:

Marieteresa

They are a beautiful group of sisters but it is very sad that the arent in union with rome. Its so sad because they look like a wonderful group of sisters.....How very sad indeed

Edited by Marieteresa

she_who_is_not

Yes, so sad. I ran across their website once and was really interested until....Someone should put together a list of orders that are not in communion and then pin it for reference. I had the same experience with CMRI and I think these sisters are also not in communion, [mod]Link edited. --Era Might[/mod]. Then we could start a crusade to pray for them or something. Just a thought. Sorry, this is sort of a mini hijack.

I was so excited when I first ran across the CMRI. Sr. Lauren was looking around for different orders and this was not one that she was in contact with. I sent them an email specifically asking them if they were in union with Rome. I received a very respectful email from a sister but she confirmed that they were NOT in communion with Rome.

Such a sad, sad, pity. Sad for them. Sad for us. Sad for the Church and the whole community of believers.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='997307' date='Jun 5 2006, 10:21 AM']Yes, so sad. I ran across their website once and was really interested until....Someone should put together a list of orders that are not in communion and then pin it for reference. I had the same experience with CMRI and I think these sisters are also not in communion, [mod]Link edited. -Era Might[/mod]. Then we could start a crusade to pray for them or something. Just a thought. Sorry, this is sort of a mini hijack.[/quote]That is a good idea actually!

brendan1104

[quote name='she_who_is_not' post='997307' date='Jun 5 2006, 11:21 AM']and I think these sisters are also not in communion, [mod]Link edited. -Era Might[/mod]. Then we could start a crusade to pray for them or something. Just a thought. Sorry, this is sort of a mini hijack.[/quote]

Please do not speak in such a way of these Sisters. I love and know these Sisters very well... I lived next door to them while I was a seminarian. I prayed with them and visited them. Their chaplains (my former community) is working on recognization with Rome, and the Sisters' position is the same as the Fathers. They are waiting for Rome to decide on the matter, in the meantime, please do not talk of them as schismatic, or not approved, or not in communion. They do recognize and respect Pope Benedict, and they are waiting for full regularization

Thank you.

Brendan. . .if they are not in communion, then they are not in communion. And while they may be waiting for such recognition. . until that time happens, they remain outside the full communion of our Holy Church, regardless of their 'respect and recognition' for our Sovereign Pontiff. She_who_is_not does not seem to be speaking of them with ill regard, simply stating what is, at this time, fact. (I had at one time actually written to these sisters, asking for qualifications for entrance and received an answer that they too reject the NO.) Again, until they are in complete union, per Rome, while I am sure they are lovely, as you say, Brendan. . .they remain separated.

I agree totally with Denise. Besides, since when is suggesting a crusade to pray for somebody an offense? If what Denise says regarding their rejection of VII and the normative Mass is accurate then their wait, unfortunately, will be permanent. They are not waiting on Rome, Rome is waiting on them.

A girl I knew from college at Steubenville entered the Carmelites in Colorado, and we (the people who know her) pray for her regularly that she comes back to Rome. There is no harm in praying for them to either come back. In fact, it's a really good thing.

[quote name='OLAM Dad' post='998243' date='Jun 6 2006, 08:01 AM']
I agree totally with Denise. Besides, since when is suggesting a crusade to pray for somebody an offense? If what Denise says regarding their rejection of VII and the normative Mass is accurate then their wait, unfortunately, will be permanent. They are not waiting on Rome, Rome is waiting on them.
[/quote]

I said I wouldn't be back for a while, but seeing as this subject has been brought up, I had to act.

First, I have a letter from the Ecclesia Dei commission in Rome re: these two communities. The problem is, they started up without anyone's permission--they did not go through their diocesan bishop. What needs to be asked for in prayer are for the diocese and the Servants of the Holy Family and the Sisters of Carmel to all sit down and get their differences on the table. May the Holy Ghost guide all of them! The Servants and the nuns don't want to give up any "services" that they perform for the faithful. However, they might have to give up something to become "regularized." I had an email from the Servants saying they were in communion with Rome, but since Rome doesn't see it that way, well, that's the one we have to go with.

Secondly, we do have a list of these communities on our website. We are proposing the foundation of the [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/hermits/"]Hermits of the Holy Ghost and Fr. Henkel[/url] to pray specifically for all those who have cut themselves off from the Church in protest of VII and the NO Mass. We have a page on our main website: [url="http://cloisters.tripod.com/"]http://cloisters.tripod.com/[/url] dedicated to "Autocephalous, etc." which lists these communities (autocephalous, sedevcantist; schismatic).

Yes, please pray for these communities to be reconciled with Rome!!!

Blessings,
Gemma

she_who_is_not

When I suggested that we all pray for these Sisters, I only meant it in love. In the Episcopal Church the first petition in the Prayers of the People is V. Father, we pray for your holy catholic church, R. That we all may be one. It is that sentiment I suggest we pray. These women have given their lives to God and are certainly due respect. While praying for religious, we should especcially pray for those outside of full communion, That we may all be one. I almost joined an order of Anglican nuns and pray for them regularly. Again, no disrespect intended. I'm not a full fledged Catholic myself yet.
Peace,
Amanda

brendan1104

[quote name='Gemma' post='998281' date='Jun 6 2006, 08:53 AM']
I said I wouldn't be back for a while, but seeing as this subject has been brought up, I had to act.

First, I have a letter from the Ecclesia Dei commission in Rome re: these two communities. The problem is, they started up without anyone's permission--they did not go through their diocesan bishop. What needs to be asked for in prayer are for the diocese and the Servants of the Holy Family and the Sisters of Carmel to all sit down and get their differences on the table. May the Holy Ghost guide all of them! The Servants and the nuns don't want to give up any "services" that they perform for the faithful. However, they might have to give up something to become "regularized." I had an email from the Servants saying they were in communion with Rome, but since Rome doesn't see it that way, well, that's the one we have to go with.
[/quote]

SPEAKING AS ONE WHO LIVED THERE...

When Servants of the Holy Family was founded in 1977- there was no diocese of Colorado Springs! That diocese is only 26 years old. The Diocese and the Servants have been in contact. When they were founded there was no diocesan bishop. When the diocese was established, their (unorthdox) bishop, Richard Hanifen (who resigned for reasons I'm not going to talk about/the general public doesn't know about) didn't want them, but they weren't about to move/disband.

Bishops (Novus Ordo) have visited their monastery, and the Servants' house and chapel. They know the situation- they have ordained and confirmed there.

This is all I am saying anymore, and so should all of you. Rome is inquiring and deciding on their case. This will only be decided by the Holy See. Rome has the final and definitive word- Roma locuta, causa finita est. Until then, please don't talk about this, as you know very little of all the facts. I'm not saying anything more, and neither should the rest of Phatmass- or anyone.

Edited by brendan1104