An Old School Catholic Message Board

"Fishers of Men"

VoTeckam

Hello phamily,

I have a very close friend discerning the priethood. In an effort to continue to encourage him I want to order the movie "Fishers of Men." I've seen clips on TV, but I fotgot the website address where it can be ordered.

It was featured on Life on the Rock a few weeks ago. Does anyone know where I can find it??!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

Peace!!

Amber

Here is the website to order it:

[url="http://www.tvaccessreports.com/fomorder/"]Fishers of Men Trailer Order Form[/url]

God Bless,

Sister Allie

douknostcecilia

you can check "Fishers of Men" and other Great MOVIES by Grassroots Films on

[url="http://www.grassrootsfilms.com"]GRASSROOTS FILMS[/url]

My spiritual father Br. Agostino CFR is in Fishers of Men! He plays the piest, but he's still in seminary :biglol:

They have some REALLY great movies...

It is such a great DVD. It was released on St.Patrick's Day this year. I bought a copy and show it to everyone. I've been lending it out to friends of mine who are youth ministers. They are considering doing one on religious life as well. I still cry each time I watch it. Each time I watch it I get a strong sense of my own vocation to religious life and it makes me excited for the Chruch as a whole.

[quote name='veritas99' post='1001186' date='Jun 9 2006, 09:48 AM']
They are considering doing one on religious life as well. [/quote]

unfortunely thats not correct.....for now anyways.

that would be awesome though.

[quote name='keighters' post='1003441' date='Jun 11 2006, 10:44 PM']
unfortunely thats not correct.....for now anyways.

that would be awesome though.
[/quote]

Actually they have done several that involve religious. They even did one called "Sisters of St. John the Baptist." Their films are awesome. Check out their website.

ThyWillBeDone

I loved the Fishers of Men video, it made many of my classmates at the Seminary cry, as to whether I cried or not I will leave to your imaginations. Anyway I just watched some of the previews for their other films and a lot of them look awesome. They really do some awesome work.
God Bless

Edited by ThyWillBeDone

Fishers of Men is a fabulous video! I'm so glad to have been able to receive it.

[b]I wrote this review back in March:[/b]

“Come follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” --- Mark 1:17

Today I received the brand new DVD "Fishers of Men" in the mail. This DVD was produced by Grassroots Films and encouraged by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. It was an amazing DVD! The show was around 18 minutes, but it was filled with the words of advice from current priests. And all of them would agree, the priesthood is a sacrifice but one in which we become true servants of God. The DVD was beautiful with stunning pictures of baptisms and ordinations. Afterwards, since I plan on becoming a priest, I had to meditate on the reality of this gift. God-willing, one day I will forgive sins in the name of our God by the power and grace of God. One day, I will baptize, confirm, and prepare the soul for death.

The priesthood is a "tough" as one priest on the DVD said, but I am certain now that everything is worth it. Fishers of Men incorporates beautifully-comforting music with the stunning images of a priest's work in the world. From the Holy Father John Paul II and Benedict XVI to a simple priest in the third world, one can understand that they all are doing the same - serving Christ. Serving Christ means one thing - being willing to preach the Gospel and lay down your life for Him. This DVD is a must-have for all youth groups! This DVD may be the solution to declining vocations.

The USCCB has an [url="http://usccb.org/vocations/overview.shtml"]overview[/url] of it online and a [url="http://usccb.org/vocations/"]trailer is also available there[/url]. I highly recommend you purchase this DVD from [url="http://www.grassrootsfilms.com/clip/trailer_fishersofmen_medium.html"]GrassrootsFilms[/url] for the price of $20.

[quote name='Mercy me' post='1003467' date='Jun 11 2006, 10:01 PM']
Actually they have done several that involve religious. They even did one called "Sisters of St. John the Baptist." Their films are awesome. Check out their website.
[/quote]

yes. i didnt say that they didnt have othes on vocations... just that, at this time, weren't considering doing [b]another[/b] one, like veritas99 said they were.