An Old School Catholic Message Board

Young People Strive for Orthodoxy

the_rev

I'm determined to write a letter to the editor of the diocesean newspaper. But I don't want it to sound rude or what have you. So let me know if this letter sounds pretty good? What should I change, etc.
[b]
Young Catholics Strive for Orthodoxy[/b]

Over the Twenty some years under the leadership of Pope John Paul the Great, the Church has seen a rise in vocations to the priesthood and consecrated life. Throughout the reign of Pope John Paul we saw youth active for their faith; in love with eurcharistic adoration and in love with our Blessed Mother. The same holds true today. Youth who care about their faith are striving to live the real Catholic faith, not the faith watered down by some individuals. In return, we now are seeing a revival in religious orders and congregations. It is becoming a well known fact with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, and the Nashville Dominicans that young people do want to respond to God's call in their life, and want to do so in such a bold manner. Both orders have seen an increase in religious from the aspect of 125% vocation increase. Young people are searching for orders where they can truly be repsentatives of Christ Jesus, by being a witness through the wearing of the habit, and have true devotion to their Catholic faith. It is true, prayers for our youth are working, we are slowly coming around. Keep praying for vocations, and keep praying for the faith of our youth; your prayers are working.

[quote name='the_rev' post='1001278' date='Jun 9 2006, 11:06 AM']
I'm determined to write a letter to the editor of the diocesean newspaper. But I don't want it to sound rude or what have you. So let me know if this letter sounds pretty good? What should I change, etc.
[b]
Young Catholics Strive for Orthodoxy[/b]

Throughout the reign of Pope John Paul we saw youth active for their faith; in love with Eucharistic adoration and in love with our Blessed Mother. The same holds true today. Youth who care about their faith are striving to live the real Catholic faith, not the faith watered down by some individuals. In return, we now are seeing a revival in religious orders and congregations. It is becoming a well known fact with the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist, and the Nashville Dominicans and many others, that young people do want to respond to God's call in their life, and want to do so in such a bold manner. Both orders have seen an increase in religious from the aspect of 125% vocation increase. Young people are searching for orders where they can truly be representatives of Christ Jesus, by being a witness through the wearing of the habit, and true devotion to their Catholic faith. It is true, prayers for our youth are working, we are slowly coming around. Keep praying for vocations, and keep praying for the faith of our youth; your prayers are working.
[/quote]

That's how I edited it... I think it's good. But depending on how large this paper is, it COULD be too long.

Shorter letters will be given preference and letters over 500 words will not be printed. The edited version of zunshynn, is 197.

It's real good, Ed. This sentence puzzles me though. What are you trying to say?

[quote]Both orders have seen an increase in religious from the aspect of 125% vocation increase.[/quote]

they have gone from very few religious sisters, to a 125% increase with 50-150 sisters. I remember reading it in their newsletters.

[quote]Both orders have seen an increase in religious from the aspect of 125% vocation increase[/quote]

Better to write: Both orders have seen a rise in vocations in the form of a 125% increase.

puellapaschalis

Or perhaps: [i]Both orders have seen a 125% increase in vocations.[/i]

It's shorter at least, although the mathematician inside me would want to see some kind of a time scale mention.

Love and prayers,

PP

Yes, I would somehow cite in parentheses where you got this statistic. People want to know you are writing with knowledge, not opinion.

MC IMaGiNaZUN

Yeah, i concur, but i think we have talked about that before mr. rev. Write it. Coming from you i think it will go farther. But you might want to mention age, parish (i know my diocesan paper requires that), school, or something to that degree. But, being a minor, they may be obligated not to print any of that information for your protection. So yeah, just wanted to say.

But yeah send it in. There have been a few times that i have really been intent on sending a letter to the editor, but lost the chance. ASAP. I hope its not too late.

SHALOM
Mark
IMaGiNaZUN

franciscanheart

[quote name='puellapaschalis' post='1001445' date='Jun 9 2006, 04:19 PM']
Or perhaps: [i]Both orders have seen a 125% increase in vocations.[/i]

It's shorter at least, although the mathematician inside me would want to see some kind of a time scale mention.

Love and prayers,

PP
[/quote]
This way sounds best to me as well. Do cite your source.

what really provoked me to write this letter was about the nun at my former parish who is part of an order that has watered down the faith, and do not witness tot heir calling.