An Old School Catholic Message Board

read this

Domine ut Videam

Domine ut Videam

[i]I found this...........and it is well........amazing.......i hope it brings you all great consolation.[/i]

Beloved,

You have no idea, Little One ...

None.

You do not see what you mean to the world.

Even less do you see what you mean to Me ... my spouse, my beloved.

Oh, yes, I keep track of all your sorrows. I have collected all your tears in my bottle. I have recorded each one ...

You think you are hidden under a bushel ... You do not see how your light shines in the world!

So much is hidden from you, my child. Sometimes ... even yourself. And sometimes, more painfully ... yes, even Me.

But I have never abandoned you. I have never forsaken you. Not for a moment have I lost sight of you, nor for an instant have I been heedless of you; never have I forgotten you.

In the sacred corridors of your heart I have walked with you when none have suspected your desolation. I know of your loneliness, my beloved, and in the watches of the night I have seen tears well up in your eyes. Do you think that I am blind to them? How they burned on my heart as they burned on your cheek!

You are pained by doubt. Sometimes you question your vocation. Visions rise before you. A family. Children. I see how this pains your heart.

"Lord, I have given everything up for you..."

Yes, my child. For me. How much you love me! How I yearn to hear you say this, too!

Do you think that I am blind to what you have forsaken for me? As each spouse forsakes every other in the world for the one, you have forsaken every other ... and more – for me.

Oh, my child and my beloved, my bride and my spouse...! Do you think that I have left you barren? Have I not taken you to myself?

Behold ... I have made you the mother of many! ... Of numberless children who will not cease to gather at your feet. I have kept my pledge. Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Yes, you are mother to the motherless! You are the irreplaceable love of a mother that so, so many need ... and, so sadly, do not have in this world which spurns its children.

You are the only sister of the sisterless.

You are the child of the childless.

You are the daughter of the daughterless.

You are Mary in this world.

You are the pledge of my love ... for you are mine ... and because we are one, your love in the world is a testimony of my love for the sons and daughters of men.

You know that I did not leave my children orphans when I returned to my Father ... no ... I left them you. In your love, in your heart, in your beauty, you gather to yourself all who would come to me.

Lift up your eyes, daughter of the Most High God – and see the swallows, so many and so lost, whose only place in this world is in the Altar – and behold, I have made your heart an Altar unto Me. They flock to you. I Who have called, have also counted each one.

As any mother, some of your children are wayward ... the world will abandon them, but you will not. They know this. You are a fixed star in the firmament of my love. When they have nothing, they know that they have a mother, a sister, a child who will never turn them away. They know they have you because you have Me.

Your children abound.

I have clothed you in poverty, set you free through obedience, adorned you in chastity, embraced so many of you in enclosure. Do not cast off the raiment with which you were first attired. The world changes. But I do not change. I am the same; yesterday, today, and forever.

How the world longs for My Holy Mother, Mary! They must find her in you. If they do not find her in you, they will find her nowhere. The veil that anointed her in the blood of her Son ... do not cast it off for the ways of the world, my little one. Shall you be like unto her ... or to the world? For whom, my child, does the world long?
Behold your children: they are sick and despondent from the ways of the world ... do not conform yourself to the world. Bring the world to Me!

You must see, my child, that you are a sign. A sign of contradiction; of things unchanging and everlasting in a world upon which no man or woman can set their hearts, for it changes, embracing today what it will spurn tomorrow; a world littered with the dreams ... and even the children ... your children ...it once called, and whom it no longer finds useful.

Go, gather your children! My children! They seek you! How painfully they have known the ways of the world: you can number its scars ... even its wounds ... upon their precious bodies, their vulnerable hearts. Do not be like unto the world that has done this to them.

Gather up your veil ... and if the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. In all things be like unto your Mother Mary ... and not the world. Do not conceal your betrothal to me, arraying yourself as one of the world. Adorn yourself as my bride. Have I not chosen you?

In the cool of the evening I will walk with thee in the garden of our love, and we will talk. In the whispering trees you will hear My song to thee ... and you will know that you have chosen well. For who will love thee as I love thee? If your years are many or few, it matters not. I have made an everlasting abode, a dwelling place eternal in your heart, a place of unspeakable beauty. For in all things you are mine. And in all things, ever and always, I am yours.

I love thee! Unutterably! Unspeakably! Eternally!

Your Spouse,
Jesus

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Guest phatdaddy

Lauren,

How beautiful and inspirational those words you shared. I pray that all is well with you.
God love you........Mr. Ray

teenybeenybuck

[quote name='phatdaddy' post='1016551' date='Jul 3 2006, 09:17 AM']
Lauren,

How beautiful and inspirational those words you shared. I pray that all is well with you.
God love you........Mr. Ray
[/quote]

That is amazing. Wow. I needed to hear that.
sometimes when i discern i feel in a way like God is cheating me...if He calls me to religious life. I know i'm wrong...
but it feels like that.
this makes it sound so much more beautiful,and like it's a wonderful gift...

~Dunette
:DSMILE! u know u want 2!!!

Domine ut Videam

my favorite parts were these........

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1016325' date='Jul 2 2006, 07:16 PM']
[quote]But I have never abandoned you. I have never forsaken you. Not for a moment have I lost sight of you, nor for an instant have I been heedless of you; never have I forgotten you.

In the sacred corridors of your heart I have walked with you when none have suspected your desolation. I know of your loneliness, my beloved, and in the watches of the night I have seen tears well up in your eyes. Do you think that I am blind to them? How they burned on my heart as they burned on your cheek![/quote]

[quote]
I have clothed you in poverty, set you free through obedience, adorned you in chastity, embraced so many of you in enclosure. Do not cast off the raiment with which you were first attired. The world changes. But I do not change. I am the same; yesterday, today, and forever.

How the world longs for My Holy Mother, Mary! They must find her in you. If they do not find her in you, they will find her nowhere. The veil that anointed her in the blood of her Son ... do not cast it off for the ways of the world, my little one. Shall you be like unto her ... or to the world? For whom, my child, does the world long?[/quote]

[quote]Gather up your veil ... and if the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. In all things be like unto your Mother Mary ... and not the world. Do not conceal your betrothal to me, arraying yourself as one of the world. Adorn yourself as my bride. Have I not chosen you?

In the cool of the evening I will walk with thee in the garden of our love, and we will talk. In the whispering trees you will hear My song to thee ... and you will know that you have chosen well. For who will love thee as I love thee? If your years are many or few, it matters not. I have made an everlasting abode, a dwelling place eternal in your heart, a place of unspeakable beauty. For in all things you are mine. And in all things, ever and always, I am yours.

I love thee! Unutterably! Unspeakably! Eternally![/quote]

[/quote]

I plan to make a power point presentation of this letter with images and an instrumental song playing in the background........it is just so powerful and i think that this is the trus message of a religious vocation.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

[quote name='Domine ut Videam' post='1016325' date='Jul 3 2006, 10:16 AM']
[i]I found this...........and it is well........amazing.......i hope it brings you all great consolation.[/i]
Beloved,
You have no idea, Little One ...

None.

You do not see what you mean to the world.
Even less do you see what you mean to Me ... my spouse, my beloved.

Oh, yes, I keep track of all your sorrows. I have collected all your tears in my bottle. I have recorded each one ...

You think you are hidden under a bushel ... You do not see how your light shines in the world!

So much is hidden from you, my child. Sometimes ... even yourself. And sometimes, more painfully ... yes, even Me.

But I have never abandoned you. I have never forsaken you. Not for a moment have I lost sight of you, nor for an instant have I been heedless of you; never have I forgotten you.

In the sacred corridors of your heart I have walked with you when none have suspected your desolation. I know of your loneliness, my beloved, and in the watches of the night I have seen tears well up in your eyes. Do you think that I am blind to them? How they burned on my heart as they burned on your cheek!

You are pained by doubt. Sometimes you question your vocation. Visions rise before you. A family. Children. I see how this pains your heart.

"Lord, I have given everything up for you..."

Yes, my child. For me. How much you love me! How I yearn to hear you say this, too!

Do you think that I am blind to what you have forsaken for me? As each spouse forsakes every other in the world for the one, you have forsaken every other ... and more – for me.

Oh, my child and my beloved, my bride and my spouse...! Do you think that I have left you barren? Have I not taken you to myself?

Behold ... I have made you the mother of many! ... Of numberless children who will not cease to gather at your feet. I have kept my pledge. Everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life.

Yes, you are mother to the motherless! You are the irreplaceable love of a mother that so, so many need ... and, so sadly, do not have in this world which spurns its children.

You are the only sister of the sisterless.

You are the child of the childless.

You are the daughter of the daughterless.

You are Mary in this world.

You are the pledge of my love ... for you are mine ... and because we are one, your love in the world is a testimony of my love for the sons and daughters of men.

You know that I did not leave my children orphans when I returned to my Father ... no ... I left them you. In your love, in your heart, in your beauty, you gather to yourself all who would come to me.

Lift up your eyes, daughter of the Most High God – and see the swallows, so many and so lost, whose only place in this world is in the Altar – and behold, I have made your heart an Altar unto Me. They flock to you. I Who have called, have also counted each one.

As any mother, some of your children are wayward ... the world will abandon them, but you will not. They know this. You are a fixed star in the firmament of my love. When they have nothing, they know that they have a mother, a sister, a child who will never turn them away. They know they have you because you have Me.

Your children abound.

How the world longs for My Holy Mother, Mary! They must find her in you. If they do not find her in you, they will find her nowhere. The veil that anointed her in the blood of her Son ... do not cast it off for the ways of the world, my little one. Shall you be like unto her ... or to the world? For whom, my child, does the world long?
Behold your children: they are sick and despondent from the ways of the world ... do not conform yourself to the world. Bring the world to Me!

You must see, my child, that you are a sign. A sign of contradiction; of things unchanging and everlasting in a world upon which no man or woman can set their hearts, for it changes, embracing today what it will spurn tomorrow; a world littered with the dreams ... and even the children ... your children ...it once called, and whom it no longer finds useful.

Go, gather your children! My children! They seek you! How painfully they have known the ways of the world: you can number its scars ... even its wounds ... upon their precious bodies, their vulnerable hearts. Do not be like unto the world that has done this to them.

Gather up your veil ... and if the world hates you, remember that it hated me first. In all things be like unto your Mother Mary ... and not the world. Do not conceal your betrothal to me, arraying yourself as one of the world. Adorn yourself as my bride. Have I not chosen you?

I love thee! Unutterably! Unspeakably! Eternally!

Your Spouse,
Jesus
[/quote]

:sign:
:notworthy2:
:blowkiss:
:bigclap:

Domine ut Videam

[quote name='teenybeenybuck' post='1016770' date='Jul 3 2006, 03:38 PM']
That is amazing. Wow. I needed to hear that.
sometimes when i discern i feel in a way like God is cheating me...if He calls me to religious life. I know i'm wrong...
but it feels like that.
this makes it sound so much more beautiful,and like it's a wonderful gift...

~Dunette
:D: SMILE! u know u want 2!!!
[/quote]

Dunette,

Glad to see ya stranger. And i'm glad that this touched you. I know that it moved me sooo much. I felt as though God was the author.......who knows maybe He was. And the religious life is a gift; keep praying and try and find a sd. I'll be praying for you. If God is indeed calling you He is not cheating you at all.......but giving you more happiness than you can ever imagine.

-Yours in Christ
Lauren

P.S. I plan to make this into a professional looking power point vocational movie-type thing.....with the words and pictures. I'll post it when i am done. But it's going to be a few months. The funny thing is that i could like already see it in my head as i read it.....so it seems as though God has planted this seed of an idea in my mind. :huh:

Edited by Domine ut Videam

Well, as everyone here has already said, wow! if words could describe a religious vocation, or the love in the Jesus's heart, this would come close ;) Of course no word is a match for the true meaning and the deep love in a religious vocation, or Jesus's love for us, but they are very soothing and re-assuring :) Thank you so much for posting this Lauren, it was so beautiful. I can't think of a better word to describe it, it was just beautiful. God Bless you and love you!!
-uruviel

Smile_Jesus_loves_you

If i could swear i would, that this is the most beuatiful piece of literature i've read. i have read quite a bit. i am going to copy it down and read it every day. i filled me with such a joy and peace in my vocation. Thank you.
:bigclap: :clapping:

Slave_of_the_Trinity

Today i have officially been accepted and it really was ironic or Providential that i came across this. This simple letter filled my heart with love and peace. Oh how marvelous and wonderful are the ways of the Trinity! I thank you for posting this for it has touched soo many souls. Where did you find it?

passionheart

[quote name='Slave_of_the_Trinity' post='1019687' date='Jul 7 2006, 10:23 PM']
Today i have officially been accepted and it really was ironic or Providential that i came across this. This simple letter filled my heart with love and peace. Oh how marvelous and wonderful are the ways of the Trinity! I thank you for posting this for it has touched soo many souls. Where did you find it?
[/quote]

Hon, refresh our memories. With Whom have been accepted? :idontknow: