An Old School Catholic Message Board

What are the sexual boundaries in marriage?

Guest a curious girlfriend

Guest a curious girlfriend

[size=4]**Warning this thread is not for minors**[/size]

The guy that I recently started dating and I had a conversation about physical boundaries within our relationship. Don't worry...we were on the same page with doing...well pretty much nothing. Anyway, he asked me about doing some things within a marriage. We both have the same stance on birth control (which is a BIG no), but he brought up things like oral sex (is this inappropriate? my apologies if it is) and how that ties into birth control. There are several reasons why we're against birth control, and one of them being that in the Old Testament, Onan was killed because he 'wasted his seed', which leads us to ponder acts like oral sex, in a marriage of course. We're just curious as to what are acceptable sexual acts in a marriage? Just intercourse or is everything just fine, too? Maybe this is a no brainer, haha, but I still have some shadow of doubt here, so I'd appreciate any responses. Thank you in advance!

Christopher West has an excellent book titled [i]The Good News about Sex and Marriage.[/i] I would go read it if I were you. I also caution this kind of talk amongest non married folk, for it can lead to disordered curiousity. However it is good to know that your beloved cares enough about you and the Church to lovingly act in your best interest.

Often Moal Theologians have hard a time creating a universal opinion on this delicate matter. What is clear is the male organ must at least be part way in to the female during ejaculation for a holy consumation may take place, thus preserving the unitive and procreative aspect. Foreplay, within this context is also a very good thing. So it seems that if the foreplay does not purposely prevent an ordered orgasm it would ok.

However in my personal opinion oral sex has associated with it a lack of intimacy and tends toward a utilitarian abuse of your spouse. (My wife belongs at the same level as me not below me like a slave for example.) I hope this helps.