An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hey all you mothers

Lil Red

homeschoolmom

[quote name='misereremi' post='1025832' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:04 AM']I go on babycenter.com and get my personalised pregnancy timeline...
[/quote]

I signed up for that when HStot was "the size of a jumbo shrimp." And I'm still getting 'em. He'll be three in the fall.

prose, good questions. i'll have to remember them for my next appt. (aug. 12).

the appt went pretty good. she gave me an 'informed consent' that tells me all about her and how she was trained, how long she's been doing midwifing, etc. she said i'm low-risk, and gave me homework! i have to make and drink pregnancy tea (peppermint, red raspberry leaves, and alfafa), exercise (i get my choice of walking 3x a week and sex), lab work (i've been anemic in the past) and something else (i don't remember, lol). anyway, so far so good. :D:

IcePrincessKRS

Sounds like your appointment went well. :) The exercise options gave me a chuckle. I had my first appointment today, too. The doctor estimated me to be like 12 weeks along--which is impossible because I didn't have anyone around to have sex with 12 weeks ago. So I'm still stuck at 7-10 weeks (10 1/2 if I conceived the night Matt got home from GA) until Thursday when I go in for an ultrasound. So, 2 hours, a load of paperwork, 4 vials of blood, and 2 urine samples later I still don't know where I stand other that I'm definately pregnant and I look healthy. lol I guess we'll know Thursday. :)

oh come on, hsmom, you know you wanted to know! :P:

oh, and my due date is Feb. 22, 2007 :woot:

Birgitta Noel
:clapping: Yeah! I'm SOOOO excited for you LR. Thanks for keeping us in the know. BTW, I believe that tearing heals better than an episiotomy so you might want to chat with your MW about that. Hopefully though NEITHER will occur!

Now get "excercising"! ;)

[quote name='The Little Way' post='1026047' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:16 PM']
tearing heals better than an episiotomy
[/quote]
Yeah, so I want to have children some day ... but I have to say that the prospect of this happening is enough to make me consider celibacy.

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1026051' date='Jul 17 2006, 02:25 PM']
Meh, it's not that big of a deal.
[/quote]
Well I have heard it does heal pretty quickly. But until it heals it's pretty uncomfortable.

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1025981' date='Jul 17 2006, 10:59 AM']
prose, good questions. i'll have to remember them for my next appt. (aug. 12).

the appt went pretty good. she gave me an 'informed consent' that tells me all about her and how she was trained, how long she's been doing midwifing, etc. she said i'm low-risk, and gave me homework! i have to make and drink pregnancy tea (peppermint, red raspberry leaves, and alfafa), exercise (i get my choice of walking 3x a week and sex), lab work (i've been anemic in the past) and something else (i don't remember, lol). anyway, so far so good. :D:
[/quote]

You have to choose between walking and sex? Does your husband get to vote?

:lol_roll: no, i get to do both! :P: course, that's not as exciting as it sounds, since he's coming home tomorrow, and will leave again 4 days later, come home, leave again, and repeat until end of August.

plus, right now, walking is out because we are having a lot of smoke from the wildfires in our area.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='homeschoolmom' post='1026013' date='Jul 17 2006, 12:27 PM']
Good grief-- TMI... even for me.
[/quote]

Whoops... sorry. :blush:

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1026023' date='Jul 17 2006, 12:41 PM']
oh come on, hsmom, you know you wanted to know! :P:

oh, and my due date is Feb. 22, 2007 :woot:
[/quote]

Yay! Now you can begin the countdown for real. ^_^

[quote name='Lil Red' post='1026136' date='Jul 17 2006, 03:58 PM']
:lol_roll: no, i get to do both! :P: course, that's not as exciting as it sounds, since he's coming home tomorrow, and will leave again 4 days later, come home, leave again, and repeat until end of August.

plus, right now, walking is out because we are having a lot of smoke from the wildfires in our area.
[/quote]
Guess that means you'll have to really capitalize on the days he's home.